What is the deal with these FOV Germans on ebay?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

What is the deal with these FOV Germans on ebay?

Post by hotrodrock » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:10 pm

There is another auction for 3 (thats right, 3) of the Germans which is at $91 right now.

Seriously, have any of you ever emailed a fellow collector on ebay thinking that maybe they just don't know where to get something? I emailed a bidder once who was bidding huge dollars on several of the same 1/6 German figure. They were practically giving them away on the KB Toys site. Maybe these people are just rich and I should mind my own business. But I myself would certainly appreciate someone telling me where I could something. Thats one of the good things about this site.

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:13 pm

Just hope you do not get turned in for auction interference :( But yes some times I wonder about e-bay also
Could not think of anything to put here.

MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

* Idiots on evilBay !

Post by MG-42 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:27 pm

* Just let these idiots go ahead and pay these outragious pri¢e$ if they're that stupid too in the first place.

* My 2- ¢ents !

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:55 pm

Frankly, I wonder why as well :?
I am the one in a bidding war for those same figures :twisted:
Why you ask ??? I'll tell you why. Target IS NOT stocking them down here in FL at least that's what I was told by a store manager today. They reset their toy section and Corp. is not sending them down here. I posted this either in this thread or another. I'm Steamin' angery about it :evil: Seems most of the rest of the country is getting them, but not for us down here in the SE corner. There's loads of the modern stuff, but no WWII. If I was to wait for the fall reset, they'll all be gone and I'm not missing out on them. I've got an army to build. It s*cks, but what can I do :?: Da General

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:29 pm

General Blasto wrote:It s*cks, but what can I do :?: Da General
Arrange for some kind person here who lives where they will be stocked to send you some?

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Isn't that what this forum's about? :D Whenever I get B/S/T status, any excess plan I see, I will ask if anyone needs one. I hate hunting and hunting and never finding anything and I want to help anyone who needs it.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:34 pm

I sometimes wonder if I should post my stuff on e-bay and make a fortune, but I would rather trade them on the forum here. Sometimes I make trades that I could probably do better than what I am receiving, but if I bought something for well below market, someone wants it and has something I don't, I figure it is win-win.

A concscience and an XD habit. Sounds like I am born to lose. :cry:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:43 pm

This is what eBay power sellers of XD and all military toys sing...

"Don't try to tell me how some power can corrupt a person, you haven't had enough to know what's it like. You're only angry 'cause you wish you were in my position, now nod your head because you know that I'm right, alright!"

The song's about greed... by the way. :D It's Capitol G by Nine Inch Nails.
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:45 pm

I don't email ebay buyers. That's rude. If you have an auction and there's a bidding frenzy on your item, would YOU stop those bidders and tell them, "Hey! stop bidding on my auction, it's not worth that much!"

Of course not.

And you're a liar-liar-pants-on-fire if you say otherwise.

MG-42

* Idiots on evilBay !

Post by MG-42 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:50 pm

GooglyDoogly wrote:I don't email ebay buyers. That's rude. If you have an auction and there's a bidding frenzy on your item, would YOU stop those bidders and tell them, "Hey! stop bidding on my auction, it's not worth that much!"

Of course not.

And you're a liar-liar-pants-on-fire if you say otherwise.

>>> So true , so true ! * :shock: :lol: :o :D

Mitch v MG

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Indeed.
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:41 pm

GooglyDoogly wrote: And you're a liar-liar-pants-on-fire if you say otherwise.
You can say that again!
GooglyDoogly wrote: And you're a liar-liar-pants-on-fire if you say otherwise.
No finer words have been spoken on this subject, except maybe...
I'm rubber and your glue, whatever you say bounces of me and sticks to you!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:49 pm

Never sold anything on ebay, but maybe your are right. I pulled a Hot Wheels out of a case once and paid my 99 cents for it. Gave it to my nephew and he sold it for $135 on ebay. Didn't ask him for it but he gave me half the money.

Its kind of a no win situation. You can grab all of the figures you can find to share with members here, but then someone will say you were selfish for not leaving some for other people who are looking. But, be very glad if you even live near a Target. The nearest one to me is right at 65 miles away and its the only one in that town. If I leave straight from there, its another 50 miles to the next closest. Ah yes, the vastness of Texas. Recently returned from working more than a year in southern California. There were 5 Targets and 6 Wal-Marts, none of which was more than 30 minutes from my apartment. You think I don't miss that.

MG-42

* Idiots on evilBay !

Post by MG-42 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:05 pm

hotrodrock wrote:Never sold anything on ebay, but maybe your are right. I pulled a Hot Wheels out of a case once and paid my 99 cents for it. Gave it to my nephew and he sold it for $135 on ebay. Didn't ask him for it but he gave me half the money.

Its kind of a no win situation. You can grab all of the figures you can find to share with members here, but then someone will say you were selfish for not leaving some for other people who are looking. But, be very glad if you even live near a Target. The nearest one to me is right at 65 miles away and its the only one in that town. If I leave straight from there, its another 50 miles to the next closest. Ah yes, the vastness of Texas. Recently returned from working more than a year in southern California. There were 5 Targets and 6 Wal-Marts, none of which was more than 30 minutes from my apartment. You think I don't miss that.

>>> " In turn , these same members could take your figures and put them up on evilBay for a feeding frenzy too". $$$$ heh heh heh ! ! ! * :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mitch v MG