* WWII FoV figures [+] Are Out !!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:27 am

I've tried giving up on looking for FOV! I said, "That's it! I QUIT!"...but I can't...as someone said here...I too am a 1:18-aholic!...so I'll continue to waste my time LOOKING for them at Target...if FOV 1:18 is an EXCLUSIVE ONLY AT TARGET item...I SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THEM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:38 am

Aftre finally finding the FOV figures I am not sure if I am going to keep them.
I have opened 3, 1 German and 2 US. IMHO the rifles and the Thompson are too small. The hands do not hold very good. There is no swivel with the legs. Three of each with cartridge belts and only 2 rifles.
Now the 1:1 comparison.
The US, why are the pants brown? Should be od green as they are obviously supposed to be hbt's. The e-tool and canteen do not attach to the cartridge belt as they have them. I don't think you would see too many khaki shirts being worn in combat.
The German. They did not have "X" straps, they were "Y" straps. No ammo pouches on the guys with camo smocks, although you do get 1 schmeisser pouch with each. But none have a schmeisser? No strap to hold the gasmask, it just seems to float there.
Ok I am done.
BTW the US SSG. Gianelli looks a lot like Audie Murphy.

Ray

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:49 am

rmoore456 wrote:Aftre finally finding the FOV figures I am not sure if I am going to keep them.
I have opened 3, 1 German and 2 US. IMHO the rifles and the Thompson are too small. The hands do not hold very good. There is no swivel with the legs. Three of each with cartridge belts and only 2 rifles.
Now the 1:1 comparison.
The US, why are the pants brown? Should be od green as they are obviously supposed to be hbt's. The e-tool and canteen do not attach to the cartridge belt as they have them. I don't think you would see too many khaki shirts being worn in combat.
The German. They did not have "X" straps, they were "Y" straps. No ammo pouches on the guys with camo smocks, although you do get 1 schmeisser pouch with each. But none have a schmeisser? No strap to hold the gasmask, it just seems to float there.
Ok I am done.
BTW the US SSG. Gianelli looks a lot like Audie Murphy.

Ray
Yes, I noticed their weapons seem a little undersized.
The ammo pouches are for the other figures - makes you buy the other figures to get the MP-38 or MP-40.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

MG-42

* WWII FoV figures [+]

Post by MG-42 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:10 pm

* & [+] ... I still like them however and the GI's uniforms in particular are late war issue. * "Good for Korea as well". * :wink: + = 8)

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Southeast Targets are NOT going to have WWII figures ?!?!

Post by General Blasto » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:51 pm

I thought I would rant a bit here before calling and Blasting Target SE Corp. about what I was just told at a local Super target :evil:

I stopped into the Super Target over in Winter Garden FL to see if they reset and added the FOV WWII figures and vehicles. They DID reset, but no WWII FOV goodies :( I went to ask WTF( in nicer words of course). I talked with the Dept. manager and then to the Store manager. I was told that the reset was done, what they had was what they will caryy and THIS comes from they're SE Corp. office. This is TOTALLY unfair :x :evil: No changes are to be made in this part of the country until Fall/Winter :?: :?: :?: They told me if I wanted to complauin about this, to contact the SE regional office - BELIEVE ME, I WILL :!: :!: :!: So just to let the other members down here why they haven't seen and new WWII FOV, this is why. PM me later and I will have the person to talk to and perhaps if enough of us call, maybe we can bring change, OR I may learn that I was lied to by the store personal and management, I hope this is the reason insdtead of the previous explaination.

Wars have stated for things less than this. But I may have learned the truth of why no product has shown up down here - Da General

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:29 pm

Ok, ok, anybody who doesn't like the FOV ww2 figs can send them to me. :D I've still not found them yet. But hopefully this weekend.
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Southeast Targets are NOT going to have WWII figures ?!?

Post by rmoore456 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:35 pm

General Blasto wrote:I thought I would rant a bit here before calling and Blasting Target SE Corp. about what I was just told at a local Super target :evil:

I stopped into the Super Target over in Winter Garden FL to see if they reset and added the FOV WWII figures and vehicles. They DID reset, but no WWII FOV goodies :( I went to ask WTF( in nicer words of course). I talked with the Dept. manager and then to the Store manager. I was told that the reset was done, what they had was what they will caryy and THIS comes from they're SE Corp. office. This is TOTALLY unfair :x :evil: No changes are to be made in this part of the country until Fall/Winter :?: :?: :?: They told me if I wanted to complauin about this, to contact the SE regional office - BELIEVE ME, I WILL :!: :!: :!: So just to let the other members down here why they haven't seen and new WWII FOV, this is why. PM me later and I will have the person to talk to and perhaps if enough of us call, maybe we can bring change, OR I may learn that I was lied to by the store personal and management, I hope this is the reason insdtead of the previous explaination.

Wars have stated for things less than this. But I may have learned the truth of why no product has shown up down here - Da General
If they have pegs for the modern figures that is what the sku# is for the WWII guys. The WWII armor sku# is the same as the Bradley.

Ray

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: * WWII FoV figures [+]

Post by rmoore456 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:37 pm

MG-42 wrote:* & [+] ... I still like them however and the GI's uniforms in particular are late war issue. * "Good for Korea as well". * :wink: + = 8)

Mitch v MG
The jacket is passable for a M43, but too short. What late war uniform? There were no pants in brown with thigh pockets late or early.

Ray

MG-42

* WWII FoV figures [+]

Post by MG-42 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:41 pm

* Lots of laughs ! * :lol:

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

olifant

Re: Southeast Targets are NOT going to have WWII figures ?!?

Post by olifant » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:39 pm

rmoore456 wrote:
General Blasto wrote:I thought I would rant a bit here before calling and Blasting Target SE Corp. about what I was just told at a local Super target :evil:

If they have pegs for the modern figures that is what the sku# is for the WWII guys. The WWII armor sku# is the same as the Bradley.

Ray
I have learned that even the managers usually don't know what they will be getting; most big box stores have corporate purchasers who ship them what they will. I think when you speak to someone who is front line even if they know how to check inventory they don't know the why behind the how; they either sound like they are in the know to get rid of you, feel better about their lack of involvement or both.

No disrespect meant to any in the retail business, especially those in the toy department! I need to make some friends in this business segment. My suggestion to the single guys is find a wife who works at TRU! :P
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:22 pm

It was a miracle for me today as I found ALL the US and 5 out of the 6 Germans AND the camo Sherman at Target in Medina!! Took long enough to find!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:59 pm

As was said above...

The average retail employee, even managers, don't know jack... You're basically barking up the wrong tree. Their job is to make sure the store's in order, and the employees are doing their jobs appropriately...

"Purchasers" are rare in retail in general, and rare in the store-level almost completely. Some stores retain in-store merchandisers, but it's stores like Penney's. Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and the like are all run through what's called a "Running", or "Rolling" electronic inventorying system.

Essentially what this is, is that the store's computer system re-orders product as needed for MOST products. Other things, like for instance an exclusive star wars item, are ordered in a set ammount. There may be replenishments, but that's done by a purchaser at corporate and distributed from there, not by anyone in the store.

As was pointed out, the DPCI numbers for the FOV Modern vehicles and figures are the same DPCI as the WOrld War 2. You may see more modern show up, you may see World War 2, you may see both... The DPCI breaks down further to the distribution centers as assortments, and assortment numbers will go where distribution sees fit...

Basically, you got smoke blown up your butt about "this being the way it is till winter". They'll do a reset before that. ;) They'll get more product in, and I have a feeling you'll see WW2 at some point... I'm not seeing it here either, but it'll take time too.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Big Box Retailers

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:48 am

Hi,
I hear your pain. Part of the problem, however, is that you're expecting the same level of customer service and knowledge from a massive retail chain that you would ordinarily get from a boutique toy store or online retailer. Most big box chains really have no idea what's in the product pipeline and are more concerned with staffing levels, getting merchandise out of the stock room, inventories, merchandising and the likes. Before the advent of computerized retailing, most retail chains still relied upon the department managers or independent wholesalers to keep these sections stocked. In most cases, this wasnt an optimal solution, since ordering meant putting more stock out, requiring more work, etc. Now, most big box chains force feed the stores based on sales reports, distribution needs, upcoming sales, etc.

As I've said previously, most big box chains turn a blind eye to the toy department during the off-season, which typically runs from January to April/May. Some stores get in summer merchandise, others may not care about it. That coupled with the hoarding effect which occurs when ebay scavengers buy up everything in sight leads to bare shelves when the stores do get in some merchandise. It isnt a pretty picture and one that wont likely change anytime soon...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:50 am

Hopefully Target will keep restocking with every toy order. It would be nice to walk into a Target and just keep picking up a few with every visit. The Target I went into in Medina only had one of each and was missing the one, Albrecht Kiel German. So I'm wondering if someone had bought one of each and two of him? Plus they only had the camo Sherman, not the solid green one.
I only opened two so far, US Keane and German Holzer. Holzer has trouble on his 'stand' and keeps falling over-you've gotta position him just right and even then if you watch, he slowly leans to one side then BAM-he falls over. Keane's a little better, but when I woke up this morning-I had him on a shelf last night-he was on the floor...other than this, I've gotta tell ya, these guys are WAY TO COOL!!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:13 am

I also like the straps on the US backpacks-no peg on the back to 'lock' on the back of the US figures :D

digger

fov guys

Post by digger » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:01 am

I've gotta tell ya, these guys are WAY TO COOL!!
Great to hear.
I really like that the fov stands are little bits of ground. I would LOVE if each guy came with a larger pice of ground, and if they could all sort of be put togther. I have so many of some figs I would be able to put together a street. 8)

On a related note - if you look at the pics of the bbi figs from the Hong Kong Toy Fair, you will see neat little sections of ground they are displayed on. It would be cool if those started to come as pack-ins.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: fov guys

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:18 am

digger wrote:
I've gotta tell ya, these guys are WAY TO COOL!!
Great to hear.
I really like that the fov stands are little bits of ground. I would LOVE if each guy came with a larger pice of ground, and if they could all sort of be put togther. I have so many of some figs I would be able to put together a street. 8)

On a related note - if you look at the pics of the bbi figs from the Hong Kong Toy Fair, you will see neat little sections of ground they are displayed on. It would be cool if those started to come as pack-ins.
Do you have a link to those pics. :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

digger

pics

Post by digger » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:23 am

http://www.blueboxtoys.com/bbi2005/html ... r2008.html 8)
You will see the S2 Sherman also. Very nice.

Razor17019

Re: pics

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:58 am

digger wrote:http://www.blueboxtoys.com/bbi2005/html ... r2008.html 8)
The pics with the 1/18 WWII figs (army/paratroopers) with the background pieces displayed- do you think they will start including or making such background pieces or are they just for display for this toy fair?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: pics

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:56 am

digger wrote:http://www.blueboxtoys.com/bbi2005/html ... r2008.html 8)
Thanks, thats great! :D It would be nice to see BBI come out with playsets. Who knows though. :)

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:40 am

Starting to show up more here...found one US FOV here in Strongsville-someone beat me to all the rest and I CHECK this store every morning on the way to work...except for Sat...I checked it out on my way home... :cry:
Found one German FOV in Copley in Akron. So they are showing up here in N. Ohio...

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Been opening up some of the US and German figures and these sets are INCREDIBLE!! The detail on the uni's and backpacks and leggings...FANTASTIC!!! :D

Obi2kenobi
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Obi2kenobi » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:34 am

I finally stumbled upon these tonight. and I love them. Pictures on the net don't do them justice. The paint apps and details are great and the accessories are too. These would be perfectly fan-freaken-tastic if only the legs were spread a little further apart and if they had ankle articulation. If FOV made these two minor changes the firing pose potential would be excellent.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:44 pm

I just saw the figures on the pegs here and I will pick up any I can for members at cost + shipping. (will also trade one-to-one for GI Joe anniversary Snow Job). Because of bad trades in the past I must have payment before I ship, unless we've had a positive deal togehter in the past and have a good relationship. PM or e-mail [email protected]. Prefer to mail loose/bagged to save on shipping unless you want them MOC. I'm not familiar with German insignia or weapons, so if you have any figures you specifically want please tell me the character name, not the "Waffen Mp44 guy". :)

Have not seen any tanks/vehicles other than modern and there is no shelf space set for anything.

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:29 pm

I have found a few of these figures at local Targets and I like the Germans best.
I was just looking at Flayrah's post and wanted to say that more than once I have picked up 2 of the same figure by name (lets say Beck) and got home only to find out its Holtzer and Beck. Not a big thing for me but if you want a specific figure you might not get the one you want. Just a quality control issue. Oh one other QC issue on the ss non camo figure, the "Y" strap which helps hold up the belt like suspenders.....
http://www.militarytour.com/Reproductio ... /YAged.htm
is modeled as an "X" which is incorrect. Some paint can fix that. Just glad there more 1:18th figures out there.
Last edited by normandy on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.