Collection Pics

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
bhallg2k
Corporal
Corporal

Collection Pics

Post by bhallg2k » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:56 pm

I've noticed that a lot of folks have snapped a few photos of their collection to share with everyone else. It's been nice seeing everything everyone has and I've gotten a few ideas about how to display my stuff. So I thought I'd show off my stuff too.

http://community.webshots.com/user/bhallg2k

(I have the "Red 3" 190, but I can't figure out a way to get into a shot. I'm a very poor photographer with a cheap digital camera.)

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:58 pm

Ahhhh...... a fellow Rage fan! :twisted: Um, oh yeah, very nice collection! (I'll get pics of my stash up one day. :roll: )

-Rob

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:34 pm

Impressive, most impressive...

:)

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:34 pm

I'll get some more updated photos up as soon as I can. They are not as neat and organized as some people have, but I have all 22+ aircraft hanging in one room :-P

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Impressive...

Post by lightning2000 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:59 pm

"Luke...."
"Father."

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.bigstep.com
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:05 pm

Nice collection.. You must NOT be married.. :lol:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

bhallg2k
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bhallg2k » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:24 pm

Oh, no, I'm not married. My girlfriend, however, thinks my new hobby is childish.

I'm gonna miss her.

Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:27 pm

Ha, I second that....my wife gives me crap about what I have displayed in my office/studio. My shelves and artist desk and computer desk hog most of the room, and she wants the shelves gone to put in a twin bed! This is a sore subject between the two of us, as I will not give up my limited space to a bed no one will use anyway! He must definately be SINGLE!!!! I don't know why women have to hate MEN's Hobbies soooooo much! GRRRRRRRR! Sorry, this set me off!
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:42 pm

My wife has always encouraged me to pursue my hobbies,I can't understand why wives would deride their partner's hobbies when there's a lot worse things husbands can get up to!I have taken over our garage and we have had 2 cars stolen as a result ,but I don't get any gripes about it.she even keeps telling me to buy a trailer so I dont have to squeeze my ever growing collection into the car on tank club days!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:12 pm

I think you're one of the few that have most of their planes on the ground rather than airborne. Nice collection! :D

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:40 pm

Good stuff! Make sure your girlfriend knows there are many other less desirable hobbies and to be thankful.
Todd

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:25 am

Since my wife is a Me109 fan, I buy "her" the German planes. When I buy mine.
Bwaaaaaahhahhh!

Works everytime. :wink:

Now I have to finish the "Pub" room, so I can hang them up.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:31 am

I've been waiting for such a thread - but I'l have to wait on the pictures... :cry:

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by boyx30 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:34 am

Interesting spin on this topic from pictures to how our "significant other" responds to our hobby.

My wife has been great..and keeps an eye out for anything WWII aircraft related. I currently have 10 planes of which 6 are hanging in the office at home among other related stuff. I recently bought the BBI Mustang...and have now created a problem in the current Battle of Britain I had going in the sky's ablove my desk!..The P-51 looks great but doesn't belong..!
Anyway our son will be coming home from college (higher learning?...or just an education in Beer, excuse me..UMmmm..cheap Beer!) ..So I'll be moving the collection to the garage which I'm going to refinish this summer as a homage to WWII. All the computer, PS2..and toys, TV, stereo will be included in this sanctuary along with aircraft prints and the like. All with the wifes blessing....so I went from 110 SF to about 600 SF...so I am very lucky to have someone who supports and understands that this is a passion not just of "Toy Planes" but of History...

5ohsinker
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by 5ohsinker » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:23 am

My wife is a saint and it helps that she collects poker chips. Being a collector herself helps her put up with my collections of books, fire helmets, military helmets and uniforms, weapons, XD, Legos and assorted peices of large fire equipment like hydrants, fire alarm boxes and a door to a Fire Engine. She unfortunately put the kibosh on my purchase of a real fire truck. Once my man cave is done i will post pics, ive been getting some good ideas from you guys.

HIDEOUS ONE
Corporal
Corporal

wifey

Post by HIDEOUS ONE » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:47 pm

My girlfriend is the one I credit for even starting my collection. She set me off with the 1st series hanomag then later tanks and troops. She even gets me stuff from Build-a-Rama to make the displays more realistic. if someone can give me a quick run down on how to post flicks I will get busy on it.

wm69
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wm69 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:29 pm

Bhall, some of those planes look oddly familiar.... :D Didn't know you were a rage fan either......

bhallg2k
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bhallg2k » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:18 pm

You should recognize a couple. You're like my XD pusher.
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth." - JFK

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:42 pm

My wife is very understanding about my "toys".. As long as I don't break the bank, She usually lets me have what I want.. AND as long as she can have her "beauty" days, we are both happy.. :D
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:22 am

I tell my wife it's either the little toys or the big ones(I don't have a bass boat in the driveway). :D

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.