New Images of the Unimax 1:16 Scale 2nd Issue King Tiger

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

New Images of the Unimax 1:16 Scale 2nd Issue King Tiger

Post by lightning2000 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:56 am

Hello All,
We've just posted a bunch of new pictures showing Unimax' 2nd Issue King Tiger heavy tank from multiple viewpoints. Painted in the livery of Kampfgruppe Peiper and bundled with four 1:16 scale "commanders," we think this will be one of the most talked about military pieces in 2005! Like the 1st Issue King Tiger, the redecorated tank will come packed in a heavy wooden ammunition crate and will feature loads of diecast ammunition. The 2nd Issue King TIger tank is still on track for an August delivery.

Here's the link to the tank images:

http://www.themotorpool.bigstep.com/ite ... ID=1444123

Cordially,

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.bigstep.com
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

20july1944
Corporal
Corporal

Another strange paint job

Post by 20july1944 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:03 am

I like the paint scheme better than the first one, but the pictures (color and the former rust indentations now painted over) make it look like it's covered in moss.

Still. it's a great kit and I hope that 21C or Hen Long follow in its tracks (pun intended.)
Wehrmacht Toys make me smile!

Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Tinman » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:26 pm

Yes, I really want a 1:18 KT.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Next 1:16 Scale Vehicles

Post by lightning2000 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:18 pm

Hi Again,
Unimax has been asking us what we think they ought to replicate next after the King Tiger. We've given them our suggestion but you might consider starting a poll here to see what the general consensus comes up with. Since the price point is rather steep, I would recommend thinking about choosing only those vehicles that would sell well -- for instance a German Panzer I might not do as well as say a Panzer IV. Food for thought and we'll pass along the tally to Unimax.

Cordially,

Lightning2000
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:54 pm

I was under the impression (possibly the wrong impression..lol) that Unimax had slated a 1:16 M1 Abrams??

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:15 pm

WGP Klaus wrote:I was under the impression (possibly the wrong impression..lol) that Unimax had slated a 1:16 M1 Abrams??
I had heard that the TigerI was next after the KT.... :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:14 am

Am I incorrect, or didnt Unimax claim the first two pieces would be the Tiger and the M1??? or am I absolutely losing whats left of my mind?

My 1:24 FM M1's are getting lonely, and I need a BIGGER Abrams in a wooden crate, NOW! lol

After I received the first of two preordered first series 1:16 Tigers, when I saw that box, I was like a kid again on Christmas morning, I couldn't wait to tear into that box, so please Mr Unimax...assist me in feeling that again with an Abrams...please, please..pretty please? :wink:

Not that I don't absolutely love the Tiger and soon to be Tigers!

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Upcoming Releases?

Post by lightning2000 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:48 am

Hi,
Unimax had indicated some time ago that they planned to come out with an M1 Abrams and Tiger I tank in 2005, but that was before they saw how successful the King Tiger tank became late last year. There's also the cost of tooling, which is far more expensive than the standard FOV line. So, they're currently kicking around ideas for their 2006 releases, hence the brainstorming session.

Lightning2000

Zartan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Zartan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:54 pm

The Tiger1 would sell better than the M1 but I will pick up what ever they put out. A Panther would be nice. I hope they don't put out any more King Tigers speaking of which, what’s with that neon green paint scheme? Is that a authentic scheme for Peiper's tank? What happened to the autumn ambush camouflage with maybe some white wash?....

http://www.michtoy.com/MTSCnewSite/vehi ... 85301.html

mailalan
Private First Class
Private First Class

No Tiger I?

Post by mailalan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:51 pm

So does that mean no Tiger I then?

I believe the Tiger I would certainly outsell the King Tiger. As far as WWII tanks go I believe it is the single most modelled and collected tank of them all.

I vote for the Tiger I next!

- Alan

Tiger I Information Center

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

King Tiger

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:19 pm

Hi,
I can't speak about which vehicle will be modeled next or the differences in paint schemes between the prototype King Tiger vehicle and the images supplied to us by Unimax but I can tell you one thing: Michigan Toy Soldier copied our description for the item word for word. I'm sure they'll change it after we speak to them but that's disconcerting nonetheless when they could just as easily come up with something on their own.

Lightning2000