* WWII FoV figures [+] Are Out !!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

figs

Post by digger » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:24 am

Sure wish 21C, FOV, bbi would do the same with their figures.
A bunch of bbi figs have very good good ankle articulation. The first wave of Spec Ops, SEALs, and SWAT, one of the newer USMC, the non-para WWII guys, the Sherman Tanker and WWII Pilots to name a few.

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:04 am

aferguson wrote:does the panzerschrek look way too big or is it just the picture?
it must be the pics, if you look at G1's pics 21C's p-schrek is bigger
FOV's measures about 3 1/2"
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:36 am

Razor17019 wrote:WOW :shock: Grunt. What kind of camera do you have? I can never get that close on thing without it looking real blurry...
Great shots and comparisons between the different companies.
Thanks!
Mark if you have a digi camera you should have a setting for close-ups. It looks like a little flower on some. It might be different for you.
-K

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:41 am

toyktdlgh wrote:
Razor17019 wrote:WOW :shock: Grunt. What kind of camera do you have? I can never get that close on thing without it looking real blurry...
Great shots and comparisons between the different companies.
Thanks!
Mark if you have a digi camera you should have a setting for close-ups. It looks like a little flower on some. It might be different for you.
-K
I have that on my camera, I just have never used it.
I will try that, thanks - Toyktdlgh!
Mark
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:39 am

i thought dragon's represented a panzerfaust 100, which is bigger...but i don't know if it's that much longer.

21c's is probably overscale, as most of their small arms weapons are (except their panzershrek, which is underscale).

FOV seems to have gotten the scale right on the Tiger, but missed on the Bradley....so who knows.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:01 am

Thanks JJ for the figure pics very nice. Im real into those figures with alittle paint on the US figures thay will turn out great, going to be looking for those Im going to ask a mate of mine in the US to get me a hole box.
Just need to know if any 1 has tryed the 21st Marines heads on the new WWII FOV US figures because I have extra Marines?
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:02 am

Razor, it's a flower on my camera as well and the actual feature s called "macro focus". Hope that helps. It's a pretty standard feature these days on most cameras.
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Now having had the opportunity to examine the FOV German weapons myself, here's my opinions. They are all quite good, save that some are either on the small side or the large side. I like how the Panzerfaust includes the warning labels :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks for those great pics, guys! Grunt your pics are perfect to get an impression. Some comparison pics with XD and FOV figures next to eachother would also be great.

I like those figs very much. Nice weapons and nice headsculpts. Only weak spot seems to be their upperbodies because they are a little bid to short.

PS: 21st should hurry to release some more paratroopers, before FOV will do some. :wink:
Last edited by MandaloreSC on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And again - it is spelled WeHrmacht, guys...

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:35 pm

OK I have a problem with both FOV and 21stC SS camo. OK the FOV camo job would be correct for tunics and pants, (the so called 44 dot pattern) but they never had a smock in that pattern. 21st C attempts at SS camo is not even close. I thought that they used military experts and all kinds of historical reference for their models. Now Im gona have more figures to repaint while Im in Afganistan.
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:43 pm

OK another problem with the FOV German INfantry. Is it Heer or SS?
Because it has Heer color tabs and an SS eagle on the sleeve.
Im confused, dont the desighn teams do there homework?
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:45 pm

So these US figures should fly for North Africa, no?
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

JoeJefferson
Private First Class
Private First Class

More pics!

Post by JoeJefferson » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks for the kind comments, guys.

I only opened one other FOV figure but I did manage some good comparison shots before my digital camera's battery went out.

Again, clickable thumbnails that open very large images.

The new figure is a German, "Feldwebel Werner Beck."

He comes with the usual assortment of stuff:

Here, he's sporting his Luger and a grenade.

And here are the all angle shots of him with the MG.

Now for the really fun stuff. I took some comparison shots of the FOV guys and some 21st Century and bbi guys. Interesting differences.

Here's bbi's Hanson, 21st XD's Otto, and FOV's Spiegel.

Here's a comparison of the German rucksacks (or whatever the official name is.) From L to R, Ardennes Infantry (closed coat), Otto, and Spiegel.

Here's the same XD Ardennes Infantryman with the FOV MP-40. Seems a good match, but maybe a bit small?

Now for the Americans. Here's FOV's Stranko next to bbi's Hanson. (Sorry about the blurriness of the last pic.)

I have to say, I really like these figures. I think the detail isn't quite as good as the bbi Hanson, but it's definitely on par with the XD soldiers. I do agree with the previous poster who said these figures are more "toylike." I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's true. Maybe it's exaggerated proportions, but I don't know for sure.

Sorry I couldn't get more photos, but the battery's needed charging for months. ;)

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Damn, I cannot wait to get my hands on these figures. I always wonder why the WA Puget Sound region seems to see poor distribution and quantities. We have Ft. Lewis, McChord AFB, Bangor, Bremerton and Whidbey Island bases which lead to a large amount of military and good will towards them.

But yet the first items always come out...in Illinois?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:23 am

This is nice :)
I ask the question about the FOV soldiers before going on vacation and come home to check the forums to see that they are now out 8) Now let's hope that don't all dissapear like the Tigers did :? Da General

digger

Re: More pics!

Post by digger » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 pm

JoeJefferson wrote:Thanks for the kind comments, guys.

I only opened one other FOV figure but I did manage some good comparison shots before my digital camera's battery went out.

Again, clickable thumbnails that open very large images.

The new figure is a German, "Feldwebel Werner Beck."

He comes with the usual assortment of stuff:

Here, he's sporting his Luger and a grenade.

And here are the all angle shots of him with the MG.

Now for the really fun stuff. I took some comparison shots of the FOV guys and some 21st Century and bbi guys. Interesting differences.

Here's bbi's Hanson, 21st XD's Otto, and FOV's Spiegel.

Here's a comparison of the German rucksacks (or whatever the official name is.) From L to R, Ardennes Infantry (closed coat), Otto, and Spiegel.

Here's the same XD Ardennes Infantryman with the FOV MP-40. Seems a good match, but maybe a bit small?

Now for the Americans. Here's FOV's Stranko next to bbi's Hanson. (Sorry about the blurriness of the last pic.)

I have to say, I really like these figures. I think the detail isn't quite as good as the bbi Hanson, but it's definitely on par with the XD soldiers. I do agree with the previous poster who said these figures are more "toylike." I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's true. Maybe it's exaggerated proportions, but I don't know for sure.

Sorry I couldn't get more photos, but the battery's needed charging for months. ;)
Great job JJ! I know taking and posting pics can be a pain but we apprecaite it.
I'll say again I really like the GIs. My XD & Dragon Germans are doing just fine but these new US guys compliment the existing forces nicely. A bit of weathering, some new gear, bandoliers - very nice!

On a side note, if bbi ever had the onions to make Germans you just know they would be the cat's PJs. Hanson still sets the bar for 1/18 WWII - I couldn't imagine how awesome some bbi Germans would be.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:34 pm

Yep, nice pic.s :)
I scoped out one Target today and no luck :( What made it worse was the stocking person was not very nice and said that they had them, but wouldn't sell me ANY figures, even when I offered to buy a WHOLE case of them :x :evil: She told me to check back in a month - A MONTH :shock: Does it take them THAT long to set the stock like she said they had to do :?: :?: :?: Well I told her I would take my business ELSEWHERE :twisted: Soooo tommorrow, we're going to a couple other Targets ;) :) Da General

olifant

Post by olifant » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:27 pm

I found these today and I think they are very nice, on par with 21C but not quite as good as the most recent BBI offerings. I only started buying 1/18 vehicles and figures a few months ago when BBI came out at Target but man, these figures are addictive! I already have about 50 and am not sure if I can stop!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Hmmmm, if I strike out down here to find the new FOV WWII figures, is there somewhere I can order a couple cases of them ??? I've now stashed about 24 of the modern FOV figures to do the head transplants to make different troops. I hope I don't have to bleed on Evil bay for them :oops: Da General

bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bird » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:00 pm

Does FOV have any plans to be sold online
I can't find them on eBay
Is anyone selling them online?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:02 pm

bird wrote:Does FOV have any plans to be sold online
I can't find them on eBay
Is anyone selling them online?
I have some of these on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=019
Last edited by Razor17019 on Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bird » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:19 am

razor that link doesn't work for me

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:33 am

Ive seen about 3, 2 set germans on ebay under the search 1/18 german. I picked up 5 of the 6 germans today. Man these guys are awsome, now all i need is a fov tiger for them to ride around with 8)
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:01 am

bird wrote:razor that link doesn't work for me
Try this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=019

Look under other items I am selling and you will see 2 other auctions with 1/18 FOV Germans up for bid.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:42 am

WOW! Razor!! Those guys are already up to $27!!! Makes ya wanna go out and look for more!! :D