POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:35 pm

Finally got the new Elite Force figures in at TRU. I picked up the USMC Force Recon sniper and the 10th Mountain Division Machine Gunner. Excellent figures, great sculpts. I can't believe these guys are only $4.99! Passed on the Seal and the black MG guy but they were really nice as well.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:16 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Excellent figures, great sculpts. I can't believe these guys are only $4.99!
I got most of mine for $0.70, which made those excellent figures even better :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:18 am

tmanthegreat wrote:I got most of mine for $0.70, which made those excellent figures even better :wink:
:shock: :lol: :lol: I bet! What were they loose or something or you had a really great coupon? :shock:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:41 am

He's not kidding! There were 3 figures on sale at the TRU website several weeks back for $.70 each. I managed to get a good supply of them as well! Also, other board members have also found these same prices at selected TRU stores! :D

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:59 pm

It was some sort of promotional deal - at least according the TRU computer when I scanned the items. Only three of the figures were discounted to $0.70: the Force Recon Marine, the Marine machinegunner, and the 10th Mountain Div. soldier. The Delta Force figure was also discounted, but only down to $2.99. The four new Paratrooper figures were not discounted. I found the soldiers discounted at both the TRU stores in my area. The figures have since been restocked, but are now back at the regular $4.99 price. Still worth it, IMHO :wink:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:03 pm

1/18 "Daisy Jane" Corsair @ TRU online is again 26.99
Some members have reported getting the Checkered Corsair instead.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=2336577

Anyone buy this last time around?

PLUS: Be sure to look for coupon codes out there for TRU.

If I find any, I will post them here.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:34 pm

Already sold out. :cry:

Liquid Identity
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Liquid Identity » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:33 pm

Will Target be carrying the new Elite Force figures? Since they started carrying them here, they have found an active market, myself included. They have restocked vehicles numerous times and figures 2 or 3 times... but is this the extent to which Target signed on with BBI?
There are no TRU stores nearby and I would hate to miss the newer figs (I'm a little upset I missed the online TRU slip-up).

flyboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flyboy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:06 am

does the bbi abrams loaders hatch or commanders hatch machinegun ring mounts swivel/rotate?

digger

m1a1

Post by digger » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:13 am

flyboy wrote:does the bbi abrams loaders hatch or commanders hatch machinegun ring mounts swivel/rotate?
nope. figures barely fit in without amputation.

Phaid
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Phaid » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:24 am

I really like the new Delta Night Ops para and the Lucas Delta CQB guy. I've found several of each at TRUs in Connecticut. I was able to do headswaps from the previous Modern paratroopers "Ferguson" and "Brookes", as well as a couple of WWII paras, to make a nice team of individual Delta troopers. I think they came out pretty cool, here's Ferguson:

The heads on the Night Ops have a slightly bigger peg than the previous paras do, so while the other guys' heads fit on the Night Ops body fine, the reverse would require some trimming.

I'm thinking what I would like to do is customize some of the Delta Lucas figures using heads from different figures and the Pro-tec NVG helmets from the Night Ops guys. I'll do the hot water thing to one of my Lucas figures in the next couple of days to see what the peg is like.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:31 pm

Ok hit a different Target tonight and found 10+ Tie Bmbers - the stock guy just finished setting them on the aisle across from the toy section for the weekend.
I picked her up - can't beat $24.99. Funny thing - they also just stocked LAV's and I was going to get one of those if I didn't see the Tie Bomber.
I think this is the best Starwars deal out now - and If they go on sale before Christmas - well I have the receipt. I passed on the bomber back at WM what was it POTJ days? it was $39.99 i think?
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:59 pm

STUKA wrote:Ok hit a different Target tonight and found 10+ Tie Bmbers - the stock guy just finished setting them on the aisle across from the toy section for the weekend.
I picked her up - can't beat $24.99. Funny thing - they also just stocked LAV's and I was going to get one of those if I didn't see the Tie Bomber.
I think this is the best Starwars deal out now - and If they go on sale before Christmas - well I have the receipt. I passed on the bomber back at WM what was it POTJ days? it was $39.99 i think?
I was at my local Target today and they had a lot of EXCLUSIVE SW ships.
I am not really a collector of SW stuff, but it was very tempting...(chants to self: "Wait for B-25, Wait for B-25" [gets distracted] "Hey look a King Tiger on 21stC website!")

Now we unhijack this thread and return it to it's regularly scheduled BBI products...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:01 pm

The TIE Bomber is a great deal! Its got a nice paintscheme, the figure, and they painted the cockpit (which was not done on the old Wal Mart release from what I've seen in pictures). I'm glad I waited this one out and didn't get the older version on ebay.

Now, to get back to the topic of this thread, most of my area targets seem to have tons of BBI LAVs, M1 Abrams and the Hummers stocked on the top shelves, all ready for the Christmas rush :wink:

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:14 am

STUKA wrote: Funny thing - they also just stocked LAV's and I was going to get one of those if I didn't see the Tie Bomber.
:wink:

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:44 pm

I'm sure this has already been posted - spotted a bright green Blackhawk at Target today. Definitely a different paint scheme that the original Target run. Just didn't look right.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:44 pm

I got the Red Devil at TRU the other night... nice figure, just makes me long for battle-ready Brit para's that much more though unfortunately. :(
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

digger

m1a1

Post by digger » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:49 am

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:14 pm

At Target, the BBI Abrams ($20)and the FOV Abrams ($30) are next to each other. The FOV Abrams is still the better choice---proof positive you get what you pay for.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:20 am

so I should pass on the BBI Abrams? I've been waiting for a deal like this for 3 years now - the FOV is still such a great price without a sale - if only the LAV was 11.99

Phaid
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Phaid » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:05 am

dragon53 wrote:At Target, the BBI Abrams ($20)and the FOV Abrams ($30) are next to each other. The FOV Abrams is still the better choice---proof positive you get what you pay for.
I guess they dropped the price on the BBI Abrams. I picked up the FOV one for $20 a couple of weeks ago, the BBI one was $25.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:08 am

STUKA:

There's a photo sequence on this board comparing the BBI and FOV Abrams side-by-side. Also, when I was at Target, I also compared the 2 Abrams side-by-side. For me, it was an easy choice---I bought the FOV because it's superior to the BBI in every aspect except it's more expensive and the crewman is optional ($5 more).
The FOV desert paint is better, the weathering is better and, in particular, the detailing is better.
One warning: look for defects such as bent storage rack, bent 50 cal. machine gun and streaks of non-weathered "clean" areas on the desert Abrams.
The more expensive FOV Abrams is well worth it to me.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:10 am

PHAID:

When I was at Target after Thanksgiving, the FOV Abrams was $30 and the FOV Bradley was $20.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:26 am

dragon53 wrote:STUKA:

There's a photo sequence on this board comparing the BBI and FOV Abrams side-by-side. Also, when I was at Target, I also compared the 2 Abrams side-by-side. For me, it was an easy choice---I bought the FOV because it's superior to the BBI in every aspect except it's more expensive and the crewman is optional ($5 more).
The FOV desert paint is better, the weathering is better and, in particular, the detailing is better.
One warning: look for defects such as bent storage rack, bent 50 cal. machine gun and streaks of non-weathered "clean" areas on the desert Abrams.
The more expensive FOV Abrams is well worth it to me.
Here ya go:
Birddog wrote:Pulled out my FOV M1 and my bbi M1 and took some comparison shots for everyone.

Size Comparison-Overall, both tanks are perfect in size to each other. The bbi M1 has a longer barrel (not by much) than the FOV M1.

Compartments/Detail- Both have the same opening hatches on the turret. Driver's hatch dosen't open on either one. You have to put the figure in a sitting position with bbi's M1 where the figure is in a standing position with FOV's. Detail wise, I think they are both on the same level although bbi does have some extra accessories hanging here and there. Nothing a little Build-A-Rama can't fix on FOVs.

Paint Applications- FOV wins hands down in my opinion. It just has a more realistic look. The weathering is really nice and really contributes to the selling point of the tank to me.

I think I'm going to have to go with FOV as the winner here, in part to the paint applications. Take a look and see what you think... :D

Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

New BBI soldiers

Post by General Blasto » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:50 pm

Maybe someone mentioned these before, but they were new to me at TRU when I stopped in there today. They are both modern soldiers, I bought them for Head transplant to WWII guys. I will put modified WWII heads on the guys and set them in the box of items to sell once I reach my 6 month waiting period to post. The soldiers are: W.R. Hadley and Ben RobinsonBoth are USMC. There are also 2 Black soldiers in this batch of figures as well, but their heads would not make good German soldiers in WWII :shock: :twisted: So I didn't get them. Will get a couple once I start building the allied forces later next year :) Herr General