The storm is upon us. Who will help us?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Thrud
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Thrud » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:51 pm

this could be a good oppurtunity for HobbyTown USA to step in.
i will buy a PBY if i win the lottery

Light.Inf.Scout
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:01 pm

The store by me closed months ago :x

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:49 pm

The HobbyTown here at kennesaw mtn is certainly a good choice to continue carrying 21st, at just a 1/3rd over walmarts prices- but one can at least select the best product of the bunch in lieu of hoping your mail order salesman does it for you. The 1/32 wings are 24.99, the standard 1/18th AC are 59.00, and big ones-avengers- are around 74.00. Usually there is a decent selection, though. If your spending enough at retail and freight on the internet, the prices don't seem so outrageous. This hobbytown used to be an old "multiplex" type theatre- one huge room is for RC stuff, one for d&d or fantasy stuff, the main area for modeling, and another section for train related stuff, etc.

I don't frequent them often, I just had some Bud tonight and the writin fingers are antsy.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:06 pm

where is that hobbytown? Im on the other side of atlanta - but attend school in the cobb area
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

aktiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aktiger » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:24 pm

If this is true, and I believe it is due to the fact WMs near me haven't had XD in over a year, then I wonder if this has created financial constraints that will slow the pace of future releases? On the other hand, how much slower can it be! :roll:

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:57 pm

It is also known as the barrett parkway hobbytown, about a mile off of I-75, south of kennesaw exit and north of the north marietta pkwy/sandy plains exits. I only go here every few weeks, traffic's hell rush hour leaving the city, and I have to tell the wife I worked late.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:11 pm

aktiger wrote:If this is true, and I believe it is due to the fact WMs near me haven't had XD in over a year, then I wonder if this has created financial constraints that will slow the pace of future releases? On the other hand, how much slower can it be! :roll:
As I suspected, I wonder if 1:18 is a dying line. I guess we will see.
T

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:03 pm

I wonder if 1:18 is a dying line. I guess we will see.
T
I think we are in a lull after the wild excitement seen at the toy fair last February. All those great announcements for 1:18th products have sunk in. The reality dictates that there is an incredible amount of hard work to do before they hit shelves (Be they metal or cyber.) Once you see new products coming out, excitement will pick up agian. Wait until the Dauntless or the SkyRaider comes out! Then we will all be talking about how healthy XD is. We go on a cycle. If indeed they aren't going to carry 1:18 at Walmart anymore(we don't know how indefinite this decision is) they will certianly still be carried in hobby stores, Toys R Us, and internet retailers. :wink:

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 am

As someone else mentioned, it may be a good thing that new product not show up until Jan.. Myself included, Christmas shopping and bills are taking a HUGE chunk of my funding this month :shock: It'd be too tempting to go out and max a card or two to grab 6 Kongstigers and 4 88s I'd need for the first reinforcements :roll: BUT It'd be nice to know WHEN these goodies are coming ;) Another 2 cents worth from the General

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:44 pm

Usually the "Sky is falling" on 21st Century products starts well before the holidays. I must say I'm shocked this year. ;)

Seriously guys... SKU's get dumped from WM's system ROUTINELY, and return under new assortment numbers. Look at almost any product that has routine change to it... Star Wars changes SKU's quite often, as an example, and one SKU will get dumped, and a new one arrives...

Like has been said, new figures have shipped... Till I hear a press release from WM themselves, or till I hear 21st say something to the effect of the line being cancelled at WM, I simply go based on historical precedent. And precedent says WM's distribution of XD is terrible, and when it comes, it comes. One month may be a deluge, and 3 months may be dry... All I know is my WM has a ton of aircraft that won't sell right now, even at half off, and they're not going to order new till the old are OUT.

You have to understand that not everything is financial with WM... Big ticket, larger items take up shelf space. Sometimes new doesn't come in simply because the space for it isn't there.

Now, I'm not saying I'd be surprised if WM did scale back their aircraft some... I've never really quite grasped the notion that they're the "big sellers" because (and this is only my personal experience I have to go by, so it's not scientific) around me planes never sell overly well... But that's the way with any toy line. Larger ticket/priced items move slower, and then there's usually another tier of prices that moves better, and another lower, and another, and so on. With Star Wars, there's $20 battlepacks that don't move quite as fast as $10 comic packs that don't move quite as fast as $6 figures... I'm sure XD sees the same trends.

I say don't give up hope... Maybe TKO will chime in even with some positive news, as he usually does, and ease everyone's tensions. I'm sure its a possibility, but at this point since I just saw reshipments of figures in the last month or less, I'm not paniced at all.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:56 pm

thats what I have been saying - after Christmas - 30 bunker hill Avengers - Id laugh - and maybe cry a lil'
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.