The storm is upon us. Who will help us?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

The storm is upon us. Who will help us?

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:13 pm

I went down to Wal-mart and like others have said NOTHING. There has got to be something going on. Last year Wal-mart had only the four pack pak-40, Stuka Zu ,Pioneer and I forget what else. This is the time of year to get stuff out and NOTHING. I will go out on a limb. WAL-MART WILL NO LONGER BE SELLING XD. IF THEY WERE , NEW STUFF WOULD BE ON THE SHELF NOW.
If you want to sell product put it on the shelf. It looks like if we want XD it will be back at TRU and hopefully at Target and E-tailers.
Will there not be balance in the force? Will we be back into being forced to pay e-tailers higher price with shipping? Will e-bay be the last place to buy our beloved XD ?
Will the Saints quit playing dumb a55 football this year? Oh I forgot there year is over.
Ok I will calm down. The storm I think has passed and we all are stuck in the shelter with no FEMA in sight. The future of XD is very dark . The last time we waited for something good was the Avenger and that took about 2 years to get. A very dark future indeed. :evil:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

A WM manager told me that WM will be cutting back on war toys.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:28 pm

yeah they would rather have 3 isles full of spiderman 3 and power ranger crap.

DH

problem with etailer is the fragile contents not packaged well enough to prevent damage from UPS bubbas.

The closest TRU has yet to stock the quad trailer.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:30 pm

Yep - lady at Walmart said she thinks that line will no longer be carried.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:46 pm

I think to get a better answer would be to ask TKO...my local WM's only have the 21C 1/6 weapon packs and some 1/48, and some 1/32-and these tags are still on the shelves. So it appears that 21C product is still being carried at WM...but again, TKO would be the man to ask about 21C's future there.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:35 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:yeah they would rather have 3 isles full of spiderman 3 and power ranger crap.
No doubt. As I have said before, the Homie Hopper crap just burns my A55! Tons of it that never goes anywhere. Yeah liberal WM, lets not sell anything related to our heritage, something that may teach our children something, lets go ahead and shove someone elses heritage (or lack thereof) down their throats... :evil:

I hope they do pull the line as I'm damn tired of going to those stores looking for stuff. I'd much rather hit TRU or Target and I absolutely do not have a problem buying from online retailers, so in essence, WM can kiss both sides of my butt!
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:20 pm

funny thing - only reason i go to WM is to check XD. I have no problem spending my grocery money at TRU - they are starting to sell groceries....right?
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:57 pm

Same thing here :( :(
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

Rogo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rogo » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:04 pm

Same story here. Local Wallys that used to stock plenty of 1:18 now have zippo! They only have 1:6 weapon sets and some smaller scale stuff.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:50 pm

I don't think we'll miss WM as a player in the XD world. :wink:

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:57 pm

I think the future for 21st century is very bright 8) I quit a long time ago checking my walmart for xd. Instead i just go to tru. Just yesterday me and razor went to ours expecting to find the same old series 2 pak and dak guys... well we ended up both coming out with the last of the new series 2 m16 us quad halftracks that they had 8) So i just go to tru from now on :)

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:58 pm

holensock wrote:I think to get a better answer would be to ask TKO...my local WM's only have the 21C 1/6 weapon packs and some 1/48, and some 1/32-and these tags are still on the shelves. So it appears that 21C product is still being carried at WM...but again, TKO would be the man to ask about 21C's future there.
I agree,

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:58 pm

scbvideoboy wrote: problem with etailer is the fragile contents not packaged well enough to prevent damage from UPS bubbas.
I'm to the point, I buy all my XD online.
No problem with shipping, none!
My time is worth more than the time and gas I use in the hunt.

Now, if we only could get something to buy!

Doesn't look good for XD without Walmart, IMHO
Not the cool new stuff we hear about anyway, maybe repaints.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:49 pm

the Book of Walton will be lost - someone must take it to the city of Aksum for safe keeping.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:32 am

Never, ever, believe "the lady at Wal-Mart" that you might get some half-assed answer out of.

No offense to any WM employees who might read this, but they usually know less about the toy line than any one of us sitting here now reading this board. That goes for most all toys they carry. They're clueless... Even the department heads are clueless. The line's carried till their district office tells them there's no more on the plan-o-gram, and none show up on trucks.

21st stuff's being carried... last year this time, there was little on the shelves. I'm not saying WM might bow out, but I'm doubting they do... Mine just got in the latest repaint 1:18 D-Day figures the other day... No new planes for a while, but it could be the backlog of OLD planes they cannot even sell on clearance that are holding up that process. Armor... Well, when was the last time 21st put out armor themselves? The hano at TRU I guess, but that's been it.

I'm not in panic mode yet.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:51 am

My reply is mixed :?
I still found some of the XD figures at the WM down the road from Deb's work. Haven't had much time to check anywhere else other than the John Young store last night when with the nieghbor on a Lowes run. THey had figures, but US only. I could run the loop around town, but no time right now. No planes or Armour, but I may have enough until the new stuff comes out - 88s and Kongstigers and Tiger I from BBI(?). I can wait for now ;) But I will say that Wally world's price on XD figures can't be beat and if dropped, it'll be missed :cry: Da General

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:06 am

[quote="Jesse James"]Never, ever, believe "the lady at Wal-Mart" that you might get some half-assed answer out of.

No offense to any WM employees who might read this, but they usually know less about the toy line than any one of us sitting here now reading this board. [quote]
True, I am hopeing that we will see more XD at WM later next year.
WM is my only chance for getting 21st xd, WM is where I first seen the 1/18th line, and where I bought my first f-104 Marineflieger.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:13 am

I hate going into WM's too, and I HATE WM's distribution system, but can you imagine the HIT IN THE WALLET 21C would take if WM dropped 21C? Talk about a lack of armor now...
I watched a special about WM on CNBC last night-it's been repeated a lot, but there was a segment on there about a 'pillow' company that did business with WM for years. Then WM dropped them. The company went out of business shortly after that. I'm not saying this would happen with 21C, but it goes to show what a hit that company took. :(

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:22 am

VMF115 wrote:A WM manager told me that WM will be cutting back on war toys.
Seems odd that WM is dropping military toys while Target is increasing theirs... :?: ....

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:52 am

Target probably increased theirs to compete with WM, as they may have felt it's a good draw to the store. If WM now bows out i wonder if Target might too.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

lou210
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lou210 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:16 am

I work at Wal-Mart in Sporting Goods department, so one night when it wasn't busy I scanned the labels for the 1/18 airplanes and vehicales, they were deleted off file which means they wont be carried anymore

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:21 am

I guess that just about says it all-- from now on, around 49.00 if 21st AC ever shows up at TRU or whatever BCA wants for 'em plus freight. Or, of course Hobby Town if price is really no object.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:22 am

And there we have it...seems that is the story at all the Wal Marts.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:21 am

Then I guess my timing was good. I finally stopped checking WMs for XD about 2 months ago. Had enough of doing that, after snooping every chance I got for several years.

Now I just wait for an online retailer to carry the pieces. And I'm very selective about what I buy anymore. No repaints. Only completely new items, and only some of those, not all of them.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:48 am

im still mixed - tons of new d-day repaints - i remember a time before when the planes and vehicles were off the computer system.

Also remember when WM puts XD on deep clearance - they are not losing money. The new stock of can O spam runs up 2 cents, and the children's diapers climb a dollar.

WM is taking advantage of space for fast selling spiderman, Cars, and transformers. Starwars is also flying off the shelf as fast as they can stock them right now - I have never seen this much starwars restock this fast. I remember it used to be months before new figures would come - I his a WM three nights in a row - each night new figures, a week later - new figures...

One thing we have heard consistently in the past is the space XD takes up.
Another funny thing is WM's perfect stocking system - remember the 10 -15 Avengers that began showing up right before and after Christmas.

FOV is also A NEW player - 21st may be waiting to see what the new company has to offer for competition - FOV has already lowered BBI's prices at Target - I can see the 88 comming out at $29.99 or 24.99 and FOV shotting out a 88 for $19.99 -

I'm going to sit back and wait, enjoy what I have, and spend my cash on the best product that is offered.