2007 Greatest 1:18 scale year ever?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:16 pm

One reason those were the glory days is because 21st was only doing XD items during that time. They virtually stopped making any 1/6th stuff, and they didn't have any 1/32 items yet.

XD was their bread and butter back then. But now, they are producing a lot of items in smaller scale, and even some new 1/6th stuff.

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:02 pm

I would rather have 21st and AT take their time and get things done right the first time, instead of rushing something out that was not ready, and there could be marketing/retail factors or flaws in the product in-itself.

The only real good A/C model that has come out this year is the 21st Me-262A and soon to be the me-262B night figther.

I think the manufactures have adjusted to the market information "like it or not" of who is buying these 1/18th aircraft and armor, and have realized that the margin for error is getting smaller. The adult collector is less tolerant then a child collector theory. So in hindsight they need to make sure they get it right the first time.

You armor guys are lucky you are getting on of the most detailed pieces in the history of 1/18th the 88 gun and I am waiting to see what kind of detail the king tiger will have. The AT SBD dauntless should be coming, I cant wait…now only if 21st would redo the Bbi hellcat and make the Wildcat as a combo that would be cool.

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

digger

glory days

Post by digger » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:36 pm

One reason those were the glory days is because 21st was only doing XD items during that time. They virtually stopped making any 1/6th stuff, and they didn't have any 1/32 items yet.
They did have 1/32 but they sure didn't have 1/48 or 1/144. I think when bbi jumped in on 1:18, and fov on 1/32, they decided to branch out. I know some of the small scale guys are happy but no good it did me.. :(

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: What year ( ? ) `08 Yeah !

Post by lablksmith » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:44 pm

MG-42 wrote:
aferguson wrote:funny, i don't think of this as such a great year. I guess it's just that expectations were higher. The KT and 88 will certainly help and FOV coming on line, 1/18-wise, is certainly great news. I have high hopes for them in the coming years..

>>> My thoughts exactly ! ... My hopes and prospects are in `08 an Beyond ! * 8)

Mitch _ v MG :p51:
I must have missed this. FOV is producing 1/18 WW2 stuff?

digger

fov

Post by digger » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:38 pm

It is pictured on the back of the boxes - a Tiger and a Sherman. No figs shown but we are hoping.