POST ALL FOV 1/18 FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:40 pm

Grognard

Thanks, I appreciate hearing from the folks in the know.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

donnieboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post All FOV 1/18 Finds and Discussion Here!

Post by donnieboy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:48 pm

Hey Grognard: I defer and greatly respect your obvious firsthand knowledge of the M2 Bradley, being that you were a former Bradley commander, and I thank you for your service to our country, but I still stand by my original assertion. After your post, I went back and looked at dozens of photos of A1, A2, and A3 Bradleys on Google, and remain convinced FOV was attempting to do the newer A3 version. However, the more I look at the FOV XD version, the more depressed I become. You're absolutely correct in that they left off the commander's independent thermal viewer, as well as a host of other details. All in all, it looks like a kiddie toy rather than an accurate scale model like 21C's. I for one have repeatedly tried to convince FOV/Unimax that their main customer demographic is adult collectors, not rug rats, but they never seem to get the picture (sigh). :?
Go Starbuck!

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:13 pm

Tankgirl33 and I got one of the Bradlys this weekend and needless to say it is a wonderful piece. However, mine was missing the cannon barrel. :( I tore that poor box apart looking for that piece. I called FOV headquaters Monday and spoke to a customer rep and she told me that they would have to order the piece from Hong-Kong. :( Well, I guess I'll have to wait to play with my new toy. I was thinking about just making the barrel outa some extra plastic parts I have lying around. Maybe someone here could post a close up pic of the barrel next to a ruler??? Please, anyone. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:59 pm

There are at least five very different technologies used for RP today. Do a search on youtube with Rapid Prototyping as the keyword and you'll see about all of them.
I thought any keyword search on youtube came up with teen girls dancing in their undies? :P

DH

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:38 pm

tosborne3 wrote:Tankgirl33 and I got one of the Bradlys this weekend and needless to say it is a wonderful piece. However, mine was missing the cannon barrel. :( I tore that poor box apart looking for that piece. I called FOV headquaters Monday and spoke to a customer rep and she told me that they would have to order the piece from Hong-Kong. :( Well, I guess I'll have to wait to play with my new toy. I was thinking about just making the barrel outa some extra plastic parts I have lying around. Maybe someone here could post a close up pic of the barrel next to a ruler??? Please, anyone. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :D
You can't just return it for another? It would save the wait from Hong Kong if you can :wink: Still, I know what its like to only be able to find a limited selection of an item and not really be able to take it back...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:43 am

Yeah, I probally will. I'll have to take it to another Target however because it was the only one at that one. :? My biggest concern was that they wouldn't have another one for exchange and then I'd be worse off than I was in the begining. I figured that if I already had one at least that was something. :)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:25 am

well you don't have to return it if they don't have another for exchange. Why not check at another Target, if they have one buy it, then go out to your car and get the defective one and return it. :wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:35 am

I've killed T-62's, type 59's and T-72's with 25mm ammo
Hey Grognard... what type of ammo is used for this kind of work...?? Presumably some type of DU or Sabot..??
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:35 am

aferguson wrote:well you don't have to return it if they don't have another for exchange. Why not check at another Target, if they have one buy it, then go out to your car and get the defective one and return it. :wink:
We're going to try that this weekend. We discussed it and she came up with the same idea. So hopefully this weekend I'll get a new one. :) I think my problem is that I'm a big kid and very impatient. I want it now!!! :lol:

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:44 pm

Seen one Bradly, and two Abrams battle tanks and the FOV figures today at Target. Did not buy any of them.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:16 pm

found the new figures, bradley and abrams at target in Peachtree city. The bradley is $19.99 - i love it - may get one later -
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:08 am

Thanks for the info Grog... your comments confirmed something I read about Bradley's taking out Iraqi T-72's in Gulf War #1. I have that Bradley gunnery manual as a PDF file in my digital library somewhere :roll: and I am gonna have to dig it out now and give it a good read, great stuff for those of us who are interested in this kind of thing. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:48 pm

The Olympia, WA Target has 1 fig left 1 of the Tan Bradleys left and 1 green camo Abrams left.

donnieboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

POST ALL FOV 1/18 FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Post by donnieboy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:28 pm

Hey Grognard: Thanks for the info about the various Bradley versions. What you said about your own combat experience in Iraq with the Bradley vs. Iraqi T-62s and T-72s squares with what Tom Clancy said about the Bradley in his 90s book "Armored Cavalry"; namely, that the Bradley could deal with anything up to and including main battle tanks. Meanwhile, thanks for actually going over there and doing something about Sadaam while armchair warriors like me sit around and run their mouths! :)
Go Starbuck!

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:17 pm

Has Unimax said when the FOV 1:18th WWII line will be out ? I've seen the modern armor and some figures at Target but no Tiger I's. Any ideas of what they have planned? I have seen the pictures of the Sherman and Tiger on the back of the Abrams box but thats it........... :?:

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:01 pm

I was told by a rep at Panache Place (a distributor of the FOV line) that the WWII stuff is on the way. Didn't get a specific time or date.

I was also told to keep my eyes peeled next year for more... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

My predictions for FOV's future

Post by 75th Ranger » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:58 pm

I think that FOV WWII stuff is going to consist of the Sherman, The Tiger and a set of figures....from the looks of it I predict 12 WWII 1:18 figures: Six US and Six German possibly with the same head sculpts as the modern figures.....
that is my prediction for now.....in the future I can really see FOV expanding both the modern and the WWII lines to include other vehicles and figures...such as British and Japanese figures....for the modern line I predict figures from other branches of the US armed forces and other elite force armies.
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:17 am

There is more of a possibility that we will see other FOV armor pieces, both in WW2 and modern, made that the other guys overlooked. Since FOV has a large variety of 1/32nd items, I'm hoping that they'll translate that assortment into their 1/18th scale as well. :D

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:27 pm

I do mainly 1/32 but last night I decided to pick up what Target had available in 1/18: a FOV Bradley, a BBI LAV-25 and six different figures.

Although they are definitely cool, I don't think they match up to my 1/32 pieces in quality and detail. The figures are amazingly detailed but I was thoroughly frustrated with getting the damn arms to stay on the figures, trying to get them to hold their weapons and attempting to stuff them in the back of the vehicles! My hat goes off to all you 1/18th fellas for putting up with this. I don't feel this is a FOV quality issue but rather the nature of the 1/18th beast.

The point I really wanted to make was this new FOV line in 1/18th is good for both FOV and us collectors. My concern is the impact it will have on the 1/32 line. If I was 10 years old again, or a typical parent buying a toy, why would I choose a 1/32 Bradley for $5 more over the 1/18 model? I hope I am wrong and there is plenty of business for both scales.

Thoughts?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:29 am

tosborne3 wrote:
aferguson wrote:well you don't have to return it if they don't have another for exchange. Why not check at another Target, if they have one buy it, then go out to your car and get the defective one and return it. :wink:
We're going to try that this weekend. We discussed it and she came up with the same idea. So hopefully this weekend I'll get a new one. :) I think my problem is that I'm a big kid and very impatient. I want it now!!! :lol:
Okay, Got the Bradly exchanged today and I can say that I'm now a happy camper!!!!!! :D :D :D Picked up a couple of Cobra Officers and another FOV guy. Too cool!!!! 8)

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:58 pm

I was at my brother-in-laws house this weekend and he collects the 1/32 FOV. He has a M270 and it would look awesome as a 1/18th, I really hope FOV is gonna keep new armor coming!!

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:11 pm

popeye357 wrote:I was at my brother-in-laws house this weekend and he collects the 1/32 FOV. He has a M270 and it would look awesome as a 1/18th, I really hope FOV is gonna keep new armor coming!!
Excellent idea! An M270 would be excellent in 1:18! :D

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:07 pm

I agree, an M270 would be very cool in 1/18. A M142 HIMARS would be nice too. I think that is another one FOV already produces in 1/32, no?

How about an AAVP7? The list goes on.....

-Rob

"You have to go out, but you don't have to come back".