Info needed on Vraciu hellcat

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Info needed on Vraciu hellcat

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:48 am

Last night I finally opened and put together my Vraciu Hellcat. WOW!! This one has definitely made it to the top of my list as favorite XD plane. Anyway, like I've done to some of my other XD planes I want to paint some areas where manufacturer's didn't paint according to the actual aircraft's representation. With that said, does anyone here know if the spinner and hub on Vraciu's Cat was painted light/intermediate blue, or left as the natural metals' colors or any other color?

I've seen on the internet pics of this Hellcat in its modern restored representation with a polished spinner and bnf hub. However, some actual WW2 pics I've seen of various Cats show all kinds of variations from bnf to blue, to red, to black, etc for the hub or spinner.

I appreciate anyone's help!

Thanks
Bryce

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:37 pm

I was painted light/intermediate blue buddy. I am gonna re-paint the spinner on mine as well. I was also gonna put some paint chipping on mine as well but I might think better of it. Havent decided as of yet.

MM

:)
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:15 am

Light/intermediate blue? Excellent! Thanks Mighty Mustang! I was hoping it wasn't going to be all black or red. I like the blue spinner look as my favorite then the polished spinner next. To me those color choices are the best.

Thanks

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:53 am

Black Lion VF-213 wrote:Light/intermediate blue? Excellent! Thanks Mighty Mustang! I was hoping it wasn't going to be all black or red. I like the blue spinner look as my favorite then the polished spinner next. To me those color choices are the best.

Thanks
You bet buddy. Glad to help.

:wink:

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

hellcat

Post by sarge » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:45 am

While your at it put a motor in it. I did on mine. Plenty of room to work in and you don't have to tear anything apart. Motor and battery fit right behind the engine and the on/off switch is under the left wing next to the fuselage. To change batteries drop the tank.open the door and the battery shell slides right out. Looks great with the big prop turning. :D

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: hellcat

Post by MightyMustang » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:35 pm

sarge wrote:While your at it put a motor in it. I did on mine. Plenty of room to work in and you don't have to tear anything apart. Motor and battery fit right behind the engine and the on/off switch is under the left wing next to the fuselage. To change batteries drop the tank.open the door and the battery shell slides right out. Looks great with the big prop turning. :D
Hey sarge you have any photo's of your F6F you wanna share? That sounds like a great idea buddy.

:D

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

motor

Post by sarge » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:06 am

PM sent