Christmas and Diorama Pieces

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
mrkisskissbangbang
Corporal
Corporal

Christmas and Diorama Pieces

Post by mrkisskissbangbang » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:17 pm

Many stores are putting out their Christmas decorations for sale. I stopped by Michael's Craft Store and found that they had several rolls of the large cobblestone street, green grass, and water mats. I highly recommend the cobblestone street mat. There were also some nice little lighting kits. Another item of interest which I had picked up a few years ago were the mountain facades. They have some potential, but I'd pick them up after season when they go on sale.

At your local dollar store you can pick up ceramic walls, pine trees and a few other items.

Many of these items make great additions to dioramas.

Happy hunting!

Cheers

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:52 pm

Michaels also puts out 50% coupons in the newspapers (usually the Sunday editions) and mailers almost every week here in Northern, CA. Whenever, I get stuff at Michaels I usually get them with those coupons.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:50 pm

immeww2 wrote:Michaels also puts out 50% coupons in the newspapers (usually the Sunday editions) and mailers almost every week here in Northern, CA. Whenever, I get stuff at Michaels I usually get them with those coupons.
I just used one of those today, but not for the diorama stuff. BTW, speaking of those Christmas town dioramas, has anyone seen how the Wal Mart knock-offs of the same thing include a mini Wal Mart to complete your town :lol:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:55 pm

Yes, it seems like that is the way to go for these stores.

We got a train set for my son from TRU and it came with a little TRU.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:59 am

tmanthegreat wrote:
immeww2 wrote:Michaels also puts out 50% coupons in the newspapers (usually the Sunday editions) and mailers almost every week here in Northern, CA. Whenever, I get stuff at Michaels I usually get them with those coupons.
I just used one of those today, but not for the diorama stuff. BTW, speaking of those Christmas town dioramas, has anyone seen how the Wal Mart knock-offs of the same thing include a mini Wal Mart to complete your town :lol:
Does it come in 1/18 scale? :twisted:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:52 am

I wish :wink: Then I'd make a dio of it on fire, with my XD troops looting the store, while the employee figures just look on and don't bother to do anything :twisted:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:I wish :wink: Then I'd make a dio of it on fire, with my XD troops looting the store, while the employee figures just look on and don't bother to do anything :twisted:

That's contest winning material right there.