This seems wrong, what do you think???

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
KAMIKAZE
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by KAMIKAZE » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:03 pm

This is the most interesting thread I have seen on the the forum in a long time!

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

MG-42

bbi Zero's ?

Post by MG-42 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:07 pm

Yeah ,.. "talk about some real slamming going on".
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

BadCatMatt
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BadCatMatt » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:10 pm

KAMIKAZE wrote:This is the most interesting thread I have seen on the the forum in a long time!

Mark
This threads all about entertainment. I hope you guys had fun.

MG-42

bbi Zero's ?

Post by MG-42 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:16 pm

....... lol ... :lol:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:21 pm

Greetings:

Thank you Matt for diving into the war zone and posting some very interesting facts regarding this thread.

Now that I have read Matt's reply to this thread, I do not understand what all the fuss was about. The Zero is not listed on BadCat's website so no one can order there. Matt also stated that any email/call in customers would be told they were being put on ebay. The remaining Zeroes are being put on ebay and from what Matt has stated, it seems like this is being done in a fair manner and it is their business decision. If they want to move the inventory thru ebay, as Matt said, it's their right to do so.

It would have bee nice to know from the original posters in this thread that the Zero was not available on the BadCat website. It may have saved a lot of people from posting some heated discussion back and forth when it was not really needed. I will even admit I got caught up in the back and forth going on in this thread.

This thread, looking back through it, is disappointing. This forum is not about this type of bickering and arguging over the planes and armor and figures we enjoy, it's about our interest in the hobby and the fun of collecting. We have all had over the years I am sure had to pay big dollars to get something we really wanted or that missing item for our collection. That's just the way collecting is. Many of us have spent a lot of money on our stuff, but I think we all enjoy it or we'd spend it on something else. If someone really wants the Zero for their collection, they will have to spend the money. It seems some of the people posting around here have forgotten the fun of the collecting of these pieces and the enjoyment of talking about them with everyone else on the forum. I'm not singling anyone out, just making a general statment. Maybe it's the lack of releases this year, who knows?

This thread has run its course. Let's get back to having fun talking about toys. Or are they models? :)

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:22 pm

Actually, this thread is unfortunate because it seems to be a pretty strong dividing point within our community and also between this community and an e-tailer that has been by far the strongest retail proponent for our hobby. We may not agree on the point of whether Bad Cat did anything wrong by selling on e-bay (you know my thoughts on that one), but there is no denying that this hobby would be a far poorer place without Bad Cat.

BadCatMatt
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BadCatMatt » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:28 pm

FieroDude wrote:Actually, this thread is unfortunate because it seems to be a pretty strong dividing point within our community and also between this community and an e-tailer that has been by far the strongest retail proponent for our hobby. We may not agree on the point of whether Bad Cat did anything wrong by selling on e-bay (you know my thoughts on that one), but there is no denying that this hobby would be a far poorer place without Bad Cat.
Or http://www.victoryequine.com?

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Great statement FieroDude and Corey.

The way I see it, BadCat owns them and BadCat can do whatever the he!! they want to with them. They bought them with their investment money to sell them how they want to. Just my 2 cents...

On a brighter note:

If you own one of Bad Cat's exclusive 1/18 Zeros, now you know how valuable it is right? Isn't it great to know your initial investement has grown that much in value? :wink: :D

Now, I definitely think these are models, but I do like to play with them... :wink: :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

mccarthy1028
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mccarthy1028 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:37 pm

no hard feelings to everybody, I just had a question thats all... I did not mean to offend anybody nor was I calling anybody out... I truly enjoy collecting XD and have bought from BCA in the past and will continue to buy from them... I never said that their website stated they had any in stock or out of stock, this is from the description on their ebay listing that says that their is no telephone orders and they are out of stock, but they are selling what they have left on ebay... So my only question was if you have none left and your out of stock then why are the available on ebay... THIS WAS MY ONLY QUESTION AND IT WAS ANSWERED BY MATT... THEY HAVE TAKEN WHAT WAS LEFT, TAGGED IT FOR EBAY SALES ONLY AND THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH IT... THANK YOU MATT... VERY SIMPLE QUESTION WITH A VERY SIMPLE ANSWER... NO NEED FOR ANYONE TO GET UPSET...
-MIKE-

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:06 am

I deal in militaria a bit. Every now and then I eBay to get some coin to fund my habits or to pick up an odd piece for the collection. eBay in general, she is a fickle mistress. It is crazy from the buying and selling perspective. I have made money hand over fist, and I have lost my a$$ on things I thought were going to hit sky high. The point about no one bemoaning a retailer's loss is true. So, just let it roll, and hope the eBay gods of fortune smile on you.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:10 am

Well, now that everyone has had a chance to say their say, repeatedly, i think this thread has run it's course. Time to quit while we're ahead. :wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...