Not quite 1:18th scale, too bad really:(

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Not quite 1:18th scale, too bad really:(

Post by tosborne3 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:49 am

Hey all, just ran across these at toy news int. They're McFarlane soldiers, but they are only 3in tall. :? 4in would woulda been better. I'll probally get a couple of these only to set up with my vehichles, but not to collect or army build. :( bummer. www.toynewsi.com
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:53 am

Todd McFarlane must have been traumatized by a 4 inch figure when he was a child. He is deliberately avoiding the scale, despite it's popularity.

Instead he's doing 3 and 6 inch (and some 12).
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:58 am

aferguson wrote:Todd McFarlane must have been traumatized by a 4 inch figure when he was a child. He is deliberately avoiding the scale, despite it's popularity.

Instead he's doing 3 and 6 inch (and some 12).
I agree, whats the deal with that???? :? :? :? I guess hes just trying to be "outside" the mainstream. Oh well, at least we'll be able to get plenty of these when they are put on clearence. :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:11 am

Its a shame. I was up at his store in Tempe yesterday and picked up the weapon set for some of my larger figures. Very nice stuff.

I know the last time I was up there, I asked the guy who works in the shop about it. He said the guys up there constantly hound Todd to put out 4-inch figures, but he refused. Really, his loss.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:49 pm

Got to agree i'd want atleast a full set if they were 1:18!
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm