GPXD - Small Scale Military Headquarters
View unanswered posts | View active topics { FB_FEEDBACK } { FB_FEEDBACK }    It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 FOV rouses itself from slumber...!!! 
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post FOV rouses itself from slumber...!!!
The FOV FB page is being updated as I write this and includes a release schedule that we may or may not want to believe in...check it out...

https://www.facebook.com/fovhobbies/

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:42 am
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post FOV rouses itself from slumber...!!! (I think)
I started this as a separate post back in the Spring when it appeared FOV was ready to announce multiple releases at any moment...was I ever wrong! I also anticipated a flurry of happy responses to this rebirth of 1/32...nope! Well, though no release dates are given, it now appears FOV is ready to show us the goods...

Check out their FB page, it shows some of the new & improved offerings, which seem to include a solution to the Firefly's too-tight treads...
I wonder if they have strengthened the landing gear to the 1/72 Chinook, which was easily sheared off when putting the helicopter on its stand...

In any case, things look good...

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:04 pm
Officer - Brigadier General

Post Re: FOV rouses itself from slumber...!!!
I wonder how much of the market they can get back after all this time? Or will they stay a niche market and stay out of the big box stores?

As for me, I have gone too far down the 1/35 path to return:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:30 pm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post That's some collection there...!
Holy Guacamole, CPL Slade! You got your own private hobby shop!

I also wonder how well they'll fare...it seems they are keeping the prices reasonable while offering significant upgrades to the older stuff...I don't see them showing up in Target or Wal-Mart, but what do I know...however, Walterson's seem to know their stuff, I'm optimistic, would like to see them at Hobby Lobby...

Of course, we all want to see a rapid fire release schedule, but I think it's better if they don't saturate the shelves, how much can anyone afford at once...but after a drought, a small flood looks good... :)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:20 pm
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Fantastic collection . They look very very nice in boxes :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:04 pm

Oh, don't worry. They're coming out of those boxes at a steady pace. Now that I am done with grad school even more so.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:30 pm

According to FOV’s Facebook page, the 1/32 scale German DAK 88mm Flak guns are now shipping out to retailers. Here’s the link, which hopefully works: https://www.facebook.com/64001440283450 ... 125731855/

The model and new crew figures look fantastic, and I like the display base as well! I’ve already got a couple FOV 88mm guns, but this will be a nice addition.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:32 am

Looking good. It certainly will be interesting to see who carries them. It would be great if Hobby Lobby did carry them....

"Freedom is not free."

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Thats a very impressive piece! Seems like they put a lot of effort into this 88, nice detail on the figures and accessories as well.

Looks like they are trying to get this to who ever wants one.
"Given that some of you are from regions where no distributor of FOV is available, please leave us a private message if you are interested in ordering this product."

Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:26 am

FOV Firefly.

Link: http://modelhangar3.com/thread/10528/80 ... y-normandy

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:25 am

That Sherman Firefly looks amazing and definitely atones for the lackluster effort on the original variant... I still need to track down their new DAK 88mm gun as well.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:57 am

noticed most of the new releases that originally were coming out last year now say 2020....but the Firefly does look nice

Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:22 am

I was trying to suggest to FOV that they release a repaint of their M26 Pershing as the Pershing that knocked out the Panther in the famous tank duel in front of the cathedral in Cologne. It appears that Facebook is the only way to contact them, but I don't use Facebook.
FOV used to release models based on actual vehicles and appears to be continuing that policy, so the Cologne Pershing would be a great candidate considering its well-known history. There a lot of photos of the Cologne Pershing which show the serial number, etc.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:45 pm
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

dragon53 wrote:
I was trying to suggest to FOV that they release a repaint of their M26 Pershing as the Pershing that knocked out the Panther in the famous tank duel in front of the cathedral in Cologne. It appears that Facebook is the only way to contact them, but I don't use Facebook.
FOV used to release models based on actual vehicles and appears to be continuing that policy, so the Cologne Pershing would be a great candidate considering its well-known history. There a lot of photos of the Cologne Pershing which show the serial number, etc.

they could possibly even get the gunner to sign the base for a select number of tanks as a special edition

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:11 pm

I just received the new FOV German 88mm gun from Flying Mule yesterday... It is very nice! I haven’t opened it yet but the gun itself is identical to the old Unimax FOV model. It has an excellent paint job with professional-looking weathering, like what the FOV models had over 15 years ago. The crew figures are the real highlight and it comes with the full complement of gunners and loaders as well as the range finder and officer. Accessories like the shells held by the loaders, rangefinder and officer’s binoculars, etc. are removable from the figures. In another nice touch, the plastic base makes a diorama base for the perfect way to display the model. If Walterstons FOV keeps up this type of effort on their armored vehicles, we will be in for a treat 8)

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]