War Park---Metal Figures and Armor, New on the Scene?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

War Park---Metal Figures and Armor, New on the Scene?

Post by c44 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:07 pm

http://warpark.com/

Just saw an e-bay listing for a pre-order of their Pz.Kpfw.IV

I haven't heard of them before, they have some nice stuff that looks superior to K&C. The figures go for a reasonable amount, but the tanks are pretty steeply priced, I don't see myself building up a complete collection of their armor any time soon....

...but they do make this peculiar offer:
"The customers whose sum of consumption adds up to $ 800 are qualified to exchange for one military figure of Special series." Huh...? :?
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Axis Nightmare
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: War Park---Metal Figures and Armor, New on the Scene?

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Wouldn't take long to reach that $800 plateau based on the prices. :shock: The quality looks amazing. Nothing but German?

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:26 pm

They have been around for a year or two. Nice but expensive. Similar scale to K&C.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:09 pm

I’ve been seriously collecting 1/30 scale soldiers, armor, and aircraft for over a year now and the War Park figures were among some of the first I purchased. The company, based in China, has been around for a couple years and is gradually expanding their lineup from their “Battle of Kharkov” series and now a “Battle of Kursk” line. War Park figures are actually some of the more affordable offerings in the 1/30 scale range. They are spot-on 1/30 scale, unlike the K&C figures which are 1/28 scale. The quality of the paint work on the War Park figures is also first rate and is close to that of the premium manufacturer, First Legion - save the War Park figures cost $20-$40 less than the average First Legion figure.

Their Panzer IV models are excellent and among some of the best tanks in 1/30 scale. In a genre where most armor consists of resin blocks, the War Park Panzer IV model features crisp detailing, working hatches, elevating gun, and even rolling metal treads. Only the 1/30 scale tanks made by John Jenkins Designs have more details, and the treads don't role on those.

The only person in the US who seems to be selling the War Park figures and vehicles is George Guerriero of Minuteman Toy Soldiers: http://www.mmtoysoldiers.com/War-Park.html I’ve dealt with him personally many times and he is a very reliable retailer.

Here are some pictures of my little setup using some War Park “Battle of Kharkov” soldiers, tank crew, and their grey Panzer IVG. Enjoy 8)

Collecting the premium 1/30 scale toy soldiers isn’t a cheap hobby, but one will be hard-pressed to find the variety in subject matter and general high level of quality control anywhere else...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:20 am

Very nice 1/30 tank and figures tman.
I started out collecting this scale 14 years ago when price was lower compare to now. Today I only buy figures which I really really like ( no armors). I don't have any War Park figures and tanks but they look decent for a reasonable cost compare to K&C.

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:25 am

Beautiful figures...if they release FJ's I'm diving in head first.
B/S/T Contacts:holensock,billgiff,Razor17019,KWR190,ostketten,kevrut,ram04 etc...

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:59 pm

Lot of money for a panzer not to be the proper shade of gray. Has to be much darker than that.