Holy #!@*! Just Shoot Me!

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Axis Nightmare
Officer - Brigadier General

Holy #!@*! Just Shoot Me!

Post by Axis Nightmare » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:27 am

This is what I get for searching auctions and sales. This place is about 20 minutes away. It's a regular Wednesday night auction house. I got several 1/18 planes there in a lot once.

They came up with an estate it appears of model kits, all kinds of prebuilts in various scales and lots of 1/6 stuff. The one really scary item is a 1/6 kit of a Panzer IV ausf J. :shock: These things cost a fortune and require riveting skills which I don't have. They tend to be bare bones and another fortune is required for hard to find detailing parts. I'm almost hoping it goes for a lot so I don't wind up with it. There are several 1/16 tanks. Same there. Don't need to start another scale! ---but if they aren't getting high bids.... There are a couple items I'm interested in if they go cheap. Going to view the lots shortly. This would pop up just when I had several other "irons in the fire" on sales and an auction in progress. Why does everything always happen at once? Same happens with events. You can go half a year without anything happening then three events you'd be interested in will take place the same weekend. :roll:

https://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/phot ... re%20grove

Scroll waaaaay down the photos just past the coins to see the lots. There are some items I can't tell what scale they are but will find out soon. I'll report on the results later.....

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Axis Nightmare

Re: Holy #!@*! Just Shoot Me!

Post by Axis Nightmare » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:13 pm

OK, so I attended the pre-auction viewing. I was relieved to see the 1/6 Panzer IV box wasn't the kit. Instead it was full of all the extra finishing items for it and the drive gears and some of the electronics. No hull, turret or running gear. So that's off the table.

The smaller Jeeps I thought might be 1/18 scale appear to be 1/16 scale as is the smaller DAK Kubelwagen. They are solid metal and feel like you're picking up a brick! There's a loose odd sized German field gun that's too small to be 1/6 but still way too large to be even 1/16. It too is a mystery with no manufacturers markings and heavy solid metal. The odd box at the end of the photos is a giant scale Gee-Bee racer. None of the other 1/18 stuff is anything I'd bid on. The smaller items will be auctioned in groups. The larger items will be by the shelf unless you call "choice" which means an individual item will be auctioned separately. I tried to ignore the 1/16 tanks but they are really cool. Just don't get me started. Talk about a money pit!

Still plan to attend with low expectations. A couple items there I might bid on if they don't get much attention. Gotta be careful not to get caught up in the competition.
Will report on the final results....

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:22 pm

Just did some research on those 1/16 jeeps. The big 1/6 GI.Joe and Formative International Jeeps aren't very accurate in detail or outline though they look nice from a distance. Those 1/16 scale Jeeps are exacting scale models and apparently quite expensive with lots of working features. One appears to be RC!

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

xddave
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by xddave » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:09 am

do you know if they will ship items to you if you win? there is some good stuff there but I'm in TN.

thanks
xddave

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:56 am

Years ago, I got my 1/6 scale Ultimate Soldier R/C M5 Stuart in brand new MIB condition from an auction house in Pennsylvania called Stout Auctions. They specialized mostly in model railroad items, but occasionally had military toys and models mixed in. The experience was sort of like eBay and then quite a bit different... They had the option to bid in that auction remotely and while there were a few other bidders, I had the highest bid and won. I had to pay shipping and the auction house took a small cut, but I got my new tank for a reasonable price :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:44 am

xddave wrote:do you know if they will ship items to you if you win? there is some good stuff there but I'm in TN.

thanks
xddave
Terms and conditions on absentee bidding is here.....

https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/332 ... category=0

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Got the Pak 40, Kubelwagen and Nebelwerfer I wanted. I looked around at first and saw none of the guys from the Sixth Scale Collector's Club were there so I knew I had a chance. Picked up a couple other items just because they weren't getting bids. Things were going so cheap, I didn't bother calling "choice" on anything. I really cleaned up, especially on the three items I wanted. Got the Pak 40 for $40. The gray Dragon Kubelwagen came with a GI Joe jeep for $30 and the neat metal Nebelwerfer came with a DAK Kubelwagen for $40.

I managed to stay away from the 1/16 stuff though it went fairly cheap and was sold by the shelf.

Considering the rare Pak 40, when you can find one, has an average asking price of $300, and Dragon Kubelwagens go for $100 plus, I'm real happy with the results.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Soldi ... SwZexdL9Vr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ULTIMATE- ... ash=item56

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-21st-Centu ... 5018714439&

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:39 pm

Axis Nightmare wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:58 pm
Got the Pak 40, Kubelwagen and Nebelwerfer I wanted. I looked around at first and saw none of the guys from the Sixth Scale Collector's Club were there so I knew I had a chance. Picked up a couple other items just because they weren't getting bids. Things were going so cheap, I didn't bother calling "choice" on anything. I really cleaned up, especially on the three items I wanted. Got the Pak 40 for $40. The gray Dragon Kubelwagen came with a GI Joe jeep for $30 and the neat metal Nebelwerfer came with a DAK Kubelwagen for $40.

I managed to stay away from the 1/16 stuff though it went fairly cheap and was sold by the shelf.

Considering the rare Pak 40, when you can find one, has an average asking price of $300, and Dragon Kubelwagens go for $100 plus, I'm real happy with the results.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Soldi ... SwZexdL9Vr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ULTIMATE- ... ash=item56

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-21st-Centu ... 5018714439&
Axis,
You made out like a bandit at this auction! Did everything pan out when you got it home?
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:53 am

I was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time and lucky none of the local 1/6 scale club members had seen the auction. I don't know them all but it was obvious by the light competition that none were there. There are lots of flea market, antique mall dealers and serious collectors of other things that attend that auction. No one there really knew their 1/6 scale values. I think the token bids I was up against were just military collectors or dealers that thought the items were a nice novelty. One guy got several GI Joe vehicles I wasn't interested in cheap but I had no use for them. He only bid on the GI Joe items so I think he was just a GI Joe collector or a dealer. There was another Dragon Kubelwagen I could have been greedy and won for resale but I let it go to a nice older lady that probably wanted it for a grandson. A radio control Stuart tank went for $45, but again, I didn't "need" one and had spent enough. I've been outbid several different times on firearms and military items at that auction.

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager