PTE Recons

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: PTE Recons

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:09 am

I got the Quonset Hut via Amazon from a US seller/distributor. It was about $77, which was cheaper than any of the listings on eBay. You can check the link above... Ifnot shows up at Big Lots this year, I can see it being cheaper, but not by much. PTE stuff usually seems to come to Big Lots in force around September/October.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:27 pm

BL selection has been ass the last couple years. I hope it perks up some. There are some cool new designs like the MLRS and stuff. Would like to pick up several of those.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:37 pm

Went to check out one of my local Big Lots stores yesterday to see if any new PTE had come in yet; this particular store typically gets in one of the better selections in my area. There wasn’t a ton of stuff, but they did have a new desert tan repaint of the old PTE M1 Abrams (which I thought looked terrible) as well as a re-release of the Chinese Z-9 helicopter with the missiles, an amphibian vehicle set, mutt Jeep set, parachute figure, and a couple different types of 1/6 figures, including a $15 figure with more accessories and a $13 figure with fewer accessories. Overall not a lot nor anything really new, but it is still early in the season...

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:38 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Went to check out one of my local Big Lots stores yesterday to see if any new PTE had come in yet; this particular store typically gets in one of the better selections in my area. There wasn’t a ton of stuff, but they did have a new desert tan repaint of the old PTE M1 Abrams (which I thought looked terrible) as well as a re-release of the Chinese Z-9 helicopter with the missiles, an amphibian vehicle set, mutt Jeep set, parachute figure, and a couple different types of 1/6 figures, including a $15 figure with more accessories and a $13 figure with fewer accessories. Overall not a lot nor anything really new, but it is still early in the season...
I saw the same tank and thought the same thing. What an ugly color! Will need some doctoring up that's for sure. This BL had the same stuff as yours.

mutt71
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mutt71 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:46 am

I just moved to the Clarksville area of TN (Right near Ft. Campbell. I need to see if there are any Big Lot's near here, as well as any other places that may have some 1/18th stuff. I really enjoy the recons and will post up what I may find if anything.

Winterstar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Winterstar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:20 pm

I'm wondering if the new hangar could fit a bf-109. It looks like they have their J10 in it...

https://youtu.be/rR4wvGz-JaM

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:53 am

That hanger structure would be a neat addition! Not sure if it would cover a 1/18 BF-109, but it could have some nice diorama potential or work with GI Joe scale vehicles. The PTE line has so much neat stuff, but so much never seems to make it to the US... I tried ordering from the M&C Toys website once, but it was a bit screwy and nothing ever came of it.

mutt71
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mutt71 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:13 pm

tman, I had a similar experience with trying to order from M&C Toy Centre like you did and nothing came of it like you did. I wish that werent the case as they do have a lot of nice stuff.

I am placing an order with Marauder this week, for the first time. I am sure that I will have a much better time with them. They have quite a bit that I can really use, at reasonable pricing and lees hassle than using e-bay and multiple shipping charges to get what I need. I am looking fr crews for a Blackhawk and an Apache. I know that the Apache crew helmets are near impossible to find, but, I will persevere. I have searched E-bay and will continue in hopes of finding them. I have also searched Shapeways to no avail either. I have hope yet that someone there will make one. I did find someone to make the 1/18 scale M-230 chain gun that I need. I was able to find a "parts" Apache, that has the rest of the parts that I need, except for the pilots and helmets.

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:53 am

PTE fans might want to check out the following Facebook page. It seems to be the place where news concerning new PTE items is released. They just announced that there will be an upgraded version of the 8 wheeled amphibian with new roll bars over the top, released this year.

https://www.facebook.com/worldpeacekeeperstoys/

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:12 pm

While browsing Amazon, I came across someone selling the long-elusive PTE Chinese Missile Truck:

Big Daddy Military Missile Transport Army Truck Anti Aircraft Twin Missile Jungle Camouflage Toy Truck https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MD9MKN2/re ... EDbGQM6Y2E

It’s listed under a strange name and is likely a knock-off of the PTE vehicle from a different Chinese manufacturer, but some of the reviews show it’s definitely the 1/18 scale PTE vehicle... There are also several different versions with different missiles. I ordered a couple and will see what I get 8)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:10 am

Sorry to double post, but those missile trucks I got were definitely not PTE, and were of a significantly cheaper level of construction... Basically junk! I’ll be returning them on Amazon.

TOOL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TOOL » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:14 am

Awe that sucks, it looks like it had potential.