mustangs value

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Crazy Kraut
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

mustangs value

Post by Crazy Kraut » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi all,
I´ve got a question for the mustang fans. How valuable are the BBI Mustangs with RAAF markings (camo one and the silver/sharkmouth version) and the american "Hurry Home Honey"?
What do you think is a fair price for the D_DAY-Spitfire and the P51 TUSKEGEE AIRMAN "BONNIE"??
Wir haben gehurt, gekämpft und gesoffen, des Führers Mühlen verbraucht, sind auf dem Zahnfleisch gekrochen, doch haben wir uns teuer verkauft.
JG300 Wilde Sau

grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: mustangs value

Post by grunt1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:27 pm

NIB, NISB, OOB?

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:08 am

PM Sent.
:D

Crazy Kraut
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Crazy Kraut » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:05 am

All described models original packaged, never out of the box and cases in perfect shape. Looking like brand new out of the production line.
I´ll try to send some photos soon.
Wir haben gehurt, gekämpft und gesoffen, des Führers Mühlen verbraucht, sind auf dem Zahnfleisch gekrochen, doch haben wir uns teuer verkauft.
JG300 Wilde Sau

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:35 am

That's great news. Those Spitfires can go for $300 easy. The RAAF mustangs can go over $500 depending on how hot the market is. They are very rare.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/BBI-Elite-Force- ... 1267768482
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:43 am

For the "Hurry Home Honey" P-51, you're probably looking at the $150-$200 range.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Crazy Kraut
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Crazy Kraut » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:24 pm

And I thought the "HHH" ist the most valuable one :roll: :roll:
Only 700 produced :shock: :shock:
Just for info: every variant of the spitfire are so high priced or only the d-day version?
Got every Spit one time in the above described packaging.
JG300 Wilde Sau

Crazy Kraut
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Crazy Kraut » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:48 pm

And I thought the "HHH" Mustang is the most valuable.
Only 700 produced :shock: :shock:
Just for info: are the other versions of spitfires in the same price range? Every version of the Spit is storaged here.
And both versions of the Bell Huey COBRA.
All in the perfect packaging like described above
JG300 Wilde Sau

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:33 am

For some reason, the "Cripes a Mighty" plane always seems to be harder to find and the pricier version of the two Badcat Exclusive BBI Mustangs, even though both had similar production numbers if I recall correctly. I have both (each acquired long after they were originally for sale) and personally like "HHH" a little better because the paint scheme is more striking (and the dark green hides BBI's over-riveted surfaces better :wink: )

Of the Spitfires, the most common version is the NKK (118 Squadron) version and seems to run at about $150 or so MIB. The ZPA Spitfire and D-Day Spitfire seem to be the most valuable, probably in the $200 range MIB.

You may want to check eBay to see what similar items are being sold for and go from there.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:42 am

tmanthegreat wrote:For some reason, the "Cripes a Mighty" plane always seems to be harder to find and the pricier version of the two Badcat Exclusive BBI Mustangs, even though both had similar production numbers if I recall correctly. I have both (each acquired long after they were originally for sale) and personally like "HHH" a little better because the paint scheme is more striking (and the dark green hides BBI's over-riveted surfaces better :wink: )

Of the Spitfires, the most common version is the NKK (118 Squadron) version and seems to run at about $150 or so MIB. The ZPA Spitfire and D-Day Spitfire seem to be the most valuable, probably in the $200 range MIB.

You may want to check eBay to see what similar items are being sold for and go from there.
Thought HHH was silver with an olive cowl, maybe you're thinking of Old Crow T'Man, or maybe I need to dig one out cause I forgot? :lol:

Isn't the DWK Biggin Hill (616 Squadron) about as rare as the ZPA and D-Day? Maybe dig out an extra NKK I have ( with another plane or jet thrown in if I have to) to trade for a DWK Spitfire if anyone's got an extra? :)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:12 pm

Dauntless, this is the BBI P-51"Hurry Home Honey":

It has the green paint on all the upper surfaces, which helps hide the rivets.

The "Old Crow" P-51 definitely has more green and hides the rivets even better overall. I had the BBI Old Crow for a while, then sold it. Probably one I should re-acquire at some point because it does look good as well :wink:

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Hadn't looked at Hurry Home Honey for a while, thanks Tman. With the top surfaces in OD, but the sides and underneath natural silver it's an odd one. Sort of halfway between the BBI Old Crow (it is a nice one) and the 21st Century Toys Old Crow with just the cowling in OD.
All three from the same 357th Fighter Group though.

The P-51D sure was prolific in 1:18 from both companies, plus four re-issues from some recent company. There's a couple that I missed though that I should have gotten, 21st C Petite II comes to mind which I didn't get similar to BBI Cripes A Mighty which I do have.
It's too bad none of them got to the P-51B/C in 1:18 though I read they were thinking about it before everything went belly up.

Consider myself extremely lucky to have what I have though without having to spend these high prices lately, even though some have leveled off they're still way higher than what we paid originally.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec