Do you think any chance for new life with FOV 1/32?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Rxrated
Corporal
Corporal

Do you think any chance for new life with FOV 1/32?

Post by Rxrated » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:02 am

Hi
Just found this on The Motor Pool Website. Looks like a new company has taken over Forces of Valor. Do you think they may try making 1/32 also?
http://blog.themotorpool.net/forces-of- ... -rc-plans/

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

I'm a believer...!

Post by c44 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Well, if nothing else, they have the 1/32 market cornered... :)
The Motor Pool's blog sounds optimistic, but what is really heartening to me is they are actually reaching out to collectors via their facebook page...curiously, most of the links just lead you back to the old Unimax site...but I'm stoked, let's just hope the prices are reasonable...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

ketelone
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Do you think any chance for new life with FOV 1/32?

Post by ketelone » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:45 am

I'd love it if they offer something new.
Whatever happened to the big toy shows that were held annually in New York and Germany? We would get an idea what was on the horizon. Or even the hobby show that was in the Chicago area (Rosemont)?
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

Rxrated
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rxrated » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:39 am

My buddy informed me of Forces of Valor returning in 2017 and their Facebook page has a lot more info. https://www.facebook.com/fovhobbies/

This was taken form their page.

"Forces of Valor was bought out by a Hong Kong hobby company called Waltersons Industry. And we are now in the process of moving all the moulds from OEM vendors to the Waltersons manufacturing facility, 1st round of production should begin in September. As you are aware, there are approximately 190 models in the FOV range, and we can only make 20 most demanding models in the 1st production run. All the color box, user manual will be completely brand new. We will try our best to enhance the painting if there were things that were not done right in the past. Besides, for certain models we will make new tooling, for example the 1:32 scale Tiger I tank, the road wheels were slightly off scale. In 2017, we will announce new 1:32 scale tanks and 1:700 scale aircraft carrier ( will be 3 of them ). Stay tuned, thank you so much for reaching out to our new Facebook page, new website will be available soon with high resolution pictures!"
Found this on another Scale Model Website. I went to the Facebook page, and there were comments in the Visitors Posts about possible future builds.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:54 am

Fantastic news! I'm really glad to see some potential new life in 1/32 scale. I wonder what the first run of 20 models will be and how they will be priced? Would be great to get some new items down the road... I can come up with a long list of vehicles I'd like to see!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

jkinzel

Post by jkinzel » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:55 am

Would be great to get some new items down the road... I can come up with a long list of vehicles I'd like to see![/quote]
:lol: Ditto above but I gotta feeling it's gonna be Tigers and Panthers and Shermans Oh My!

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:52 pm

Finally some good news on a dying industry.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:55 am

Today's Motorpool email says:

"
As the new owners of the Forces of Valor brand move closer to announcing their initial product offerings, we have decided to make some changes to the way in which we present the brand to the public. Because the new owners will likely reintroduce some of the older items in updated packaging or with different accessories and features, we will be distinguishing old inventory from new with some minor SKU modifications to lessen confusion yet extend the brand.

Any of the products remaining in inventory that were offered by Unimax, the original makers of the line, will have a product code that begins with UNI. Any new items being offered by the new manufacturer, Waltersons (Walter & Sons), will sport a FOV product identifier. So, a Unimax-built 1:32 scale Tiger I tank will carry the code UNI80003, while a similar Waltersons release will be identified as FOV80003, unless, of course, the new owners decide to introduce a completely different set of product codes."

jkinzel

Post by jkinzel » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:36 am

[quote= So, a Unimax-built 1:32 scale Tiger I tank will carry the code UNI80003, while a similar Waltersons release will be identified as FOV80003, unless, of course, the new owners decide to introduce a completely different set of product codes."[/quote]
:? Well lets hope they "decide' to introduce a Char bis,Ansaldo,Centurion,Merkava,Somua,T55,Le Clerc,WW2 Japanese,etc etc.I could really give a ******* about what code they use,LOL. as long as it isn't just more Tigers Panthers,Shermans et al.

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:01 pm

jkinzel wrote::? Well lets hope they "decide' to introduce a Char bis,Ansaldo,Centurion,Merkava,Somua,T55,Le Clerc,WW2 Japanese,etc etc.I could really give a ******* about what code they use,LOL. as long as it isn't just more Tigers Panthers,Shermans et al.
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much with respect to new molds right out the gate for these new owners. I would imagine they have to build up a little capital before venturing into new mold development. Personally, I am done paying retail for existing FOV stuff. I may still pick up some of Unimax's repaints on eBay if there is a good enough deal, but if you want my retail dollar, you are going to have to give me something not yet made. My top votes are T-34(76), SU-85, Valentine II, Panzer III J, and Somua S35 (WWII stuff), and a Leopard II and Chinese Type 99 (MOdern era).

Give me something new, at not too high a price, and they will have my money.

-Kevin

Rxrated
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rxrated » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:28 am

More News... On Forces of Valor Facebook. The company commented that in 2017 They will make a T34-76 and a M4A3E8 Sherman. Hope the comments from the company come true.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:54 pm

A T-34/76 would be most welcome! I never understood why they never made one, either. All they really had to do was switch the turret on their existing T-34/85 hull and they would have pretty much had the 76 version. Either way, news of new modifications and/or toolings is nice to hear!

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:07 pm

Rxrated wrote:More News... On Forces of Valor Facebook. The company commented that in 2017 They will make a T34-76 and a M4A3E8 Sherman. Hope the comments from the company come true.
I am digging the sound of that :-)

I wonder if they'll work in some "Fury" tank paint scheme to try and cash in on the publicity from the film. Either way, both of these tanks will be added to my collection if they do indeed come out; more than likely more than one of each though.

-Kevin

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:55 pm

That would be a surprise considering the movie is nearly two years old now, and by the time these new pieces hit the market it will be almost three years. That might slide by collectors but the general public may not remember - and the lack of mainstream retail sales is one of the things that hurt this market in the first place.

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Considering there is no 1/32 armor product presently, anything new would be welcome. The prospect of a 'new' tank, T-34/76, sounds good to me. Of course some other tanks that have not been done before would also be welcome (French, Japanese, Israeli, Swedish, modern German, Italian, Chinese, etc).
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:01 pm

They're going to release new 1/16 Tigers and Shermans, plus improved paint jobs on older 1/32.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/fovhobbies/#

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:44 pm

All good-sounding news :D Part of me doesn't want to see a re-release of the 1:16 scale vehicles as it could ruin the value of the existing ones... However, for those collectors that never got any of those, it would give them the opportunity hopefully without the outrageous prices. They are excellent models and really among the best pre-built model tanks in any scale.

Rxrated
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rxrated » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:09 am

I think they also said something else is coming in 1:16. Could be the Panzer iv. I remember they had said, and had some pictures of one before everything shutdown.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:35 am

TMANTHEGREAT:

I agree....but I'm surprised they're releasing more 1/16 Shermans since the first one wasn't a hot seller.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:56 am

PanzerArm wrote:
Rxrated wrote:More News... On Forces of Valor Facebook. The company commented that in 2017 They will make a T34-76 and a M4A3E8 Sherman. Hope the comments from the company come true.
I am digging the sound of that :-)

I wonder if they'll work in some "Fury" tank paint scheme to try and cash in on the publicity from the film. Either way, both of these tanks will be added to my collection if they do indeed come out; more than likely more than one of each though.

-Kevin
The M4A3E8 Easy Eight is a good choice even if it's not tied to the movie. 8)

No one even 21st Century Toys has made that one have they?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:22 pm

dragon53 wrote:TMANTHEGREAT:

I agree....but I'm surprised they're releasing more 1/16 Shermans since the first one wasn't a hot seller.
You are right in that their 1:16 Sherman did not seem to sell well... I remember The Flying Mule having them sit around for years on their site, but at $400+ retail price, it was expensive... I got one from another retailer that discounted the tank to around $200, which seemed a more fair price. That said, it is a really nice model! I love the mud weathering and tank rider figures. The interior is highly detailed as well. Its upper hull, tracks, and turret are diecast, so the little tank is quite heavy. It is one of my favorites in my armor collection.

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:40 pm

I stopped by my local Hobby Town USA this weekend. They had a few remaining FOV pieces at 25% off. I hope this re-introduction is real. It will be interesting to see what FOV will be available at the upcoming Toy Soldier show at the Woodfield Hyatt. At flea markets, out of the box pieces are ranging from $10-$15.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:20 am

Motorpool has some of the repaints and are marked "New".

Link: http://www.themotorpool.net/Forces-of-V ... -s/182.htm

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:45 pm

They all look like repaints.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Rxrated
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rxrated » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:04 pm

If you look at the Forces of Valor Facebook page. You can see all the new 1/32 releases for 2017. There are a few on my want list.