Does anyone make extra ordinance for the bbi modern jets

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Does anyone make extra ordinance for the bbi modern jets

Post by dannyc » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:10 am

I am getting a loose F-16 and now would love to bolster its options along with the av8b and f/a-18c i have.

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Does anyone make extra ordinance for the bbi modern jets

Post by rschaap » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:50 pm

I've been hoping someone would make extra ordnance for a while. Maybe someday. :hornet:
Last edited by rschaap on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:38 pm

I tried Shapeways, they had once 1/18 Sparrow and Sidewinder missiles, could'nt find them again. Perheaps should you ask board member Nick_Karatzides, he had a link to ANYUTA 3D print creations at Shapeways, but as said, no missiles to find yet.

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:06 am

What kind of "extra ordnance" are people looking for ?

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:24 am

I would like to see optional ordnance for the F-14, F-18, F-16 and AV-8B. I think that it would add something that is really needed in our hobby since the release of new aircraft is at a snail pace right now.

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by dannyc » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:31 am

A B61 nuclear bomb

MUDHEN336
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MUDHEN336 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:15 am

I think a F-16CJ conversion would be great. A couple of HARM missiles, a centerline ALQ-131 jamming pod and the chin mounted Harm Targeting pod. A member did one a long time ago but it would be great to see one of our current artisans create something like this for the masses.

http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... f=9&t=6015
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

--John Wayne

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:34 am

My wish for a long time for my F/A-18C, the Martin Marietta Nighthawk AAS-38:
Image.
One of our board member allready made something like that for his customized Tomcat (LANTIRN pod?), but I can't find the URL anymore.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by supersonicfifi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:58 am

1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

Nick_Karatzides
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Nick_Karatzides » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:48 am

granch wrote:
rschaap wrote:I've been hoping someone would make extra ordnance for a while. Maybe someday. :hornet:
I tried Shapeways, they had once 1/18 Sparrow and Sidewinder missiles, could'nt find them again. Perheaps should you ask board member Nick_Karatzides, he had a link to ANYUTA 3D print creations at Shapeways, but as said, no missiles to find yet.
@ granch, thanks. I appreciate your interest on Anyuta 3D products. Yes, I have a variety of 1/18 scale aircraft ordnance available if someone asks - as far as I can remember there is AMRAAM, Sparrow, Sidewinder, Maverick, Paveway, MK series iron boms etc. Please write down exactly what you need, and I upload it on Anyuta 3D products catalog to be available for purchase.

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by dannyc » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:15 pm

I'd like to see
F/A 18 and F-16c
AGM-84 SLAM-ER
AGM-88 HARM
AGM-154 JSOW
Zuni and hydra rocket pods
Mk20 rockeye
CBU-78
CBU-87
CBU-97
B61 nuclear bomb

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:39 pm

SWEET, thank you Nick !!

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

Nick_Karatzides
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Anyone make ordinance for modern jets? AIM-7E Sparrow

Post by Nick_Karatzides » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:16 pm

Newly released 1/18 scale aircraft ordnance items for sale by Anyuta 3D printed scale models, produced with Frosted Ultra Detail matte translucent plastic material for best results. Everything is designed & 3D printed as accurate as possible to meet collector / modeler's high standards.

Buying multiple items (for example 2 or more parts), costs less per item. As you might know, Shapeways lab charges additional fees per 3D printing session, so it costs less if multiple items are combined into same printing tray. If you need to combine individual items, please let me know. More aircraft ordnance 3D printed items will follow soon - stay tuned.
Image Image

Each kit contains all necessary parts for assembling ONE or TWO Raytheon AIM-7E Sparrow missiles, under 1/18 scale.

Ideas are mostly welcome.
Last edited by Nick_Karatzides on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Nick_Karatzides
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Anyone make ordinance for modern jets? AGM-65 Maverick

Post by Nick_Karatzides » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:58 am

Newly released 1/18 scale aircraft ordnance items for sale by Anyuta 3D printed scale models, produced with Frosted Ultra Detail matte translucent plastic material for best results. Everything is designed & 3D printed as accurate as possible to meet collector / modeler's high standards.

Buying multiple items (for example 2 or more parts), costs less per item. As you might know, Shapeways lab charges additional fees per 3D printing session, so it costs less if multiple items are combined into same printing tray. If you need to combine individual items, please let me know. More aircraft ordnance 3D printed items will follow soon - stay tuned.
Image Image

Each kit contains all necessary parts for assembling ONE or TWO Hughes AGM-65 Maverick missiles, under 1/18 scale.

Last edited by Nick_Karatzides on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MUDHEN336
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MUDHEN336 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:06 am

Wow! This stuff looks great! How does shapeways work? Do they actually produce the item and mail it to you or are you buying the CAD file and have to print it on your own 3D printer?

--John Wayne

Nick_Karatzides
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Nick_Karatzides » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:26 am

MUDHEN336 wrote:Wow! This stuff looks great! How does shapeways work? Do they actually produce the item and mail it to you or are you buying the CAD file and have to print it on your own 3D printer?
@ MUDHEN336,

To have an idea on how 3D printed parts are made, how Shapeways laboratory operates and how the final 3D printed parts look like, feel free to have a look HERE (on my 1/18 Flettner 282 Kolibri build) where I explain in a very detailed way all the things you would like to know about. If you need more info, you are mostly welcome to ask.

Keep in mind that Shapeways do the 3D printing - not me. For example, (regarding the previously mention 1/18 scale Flettner 282 kit, the parts are produced by Shapeways under a special agreement with Anyuta 3D (check my signature and click for products catalog) since Shapeways uses the CAD digital file which is property of Anyuta 3D. For people who are not familiar with 3D printing, let me say that Shapeways is NOT a scale model company. It is a Dutch founded, New York based 3D printing marketplace and service company. They do the selling, the kit production, the packaging and shipping. Due to increased 3D printed items manufacturing demand and workload in factory, a complete kit (for example the Flettner 282 model kit you see in above pics) takes about 5 to 7 days to get produced after order. Depending customer’s location, the 3D printed parts are produced at one of two Shapeways production lines based at NYC Long Island, USA or Eindhoven, Netherlands and shipped Worldwide, right at modeler's doorstep by USPS, UPS and DHL (24hrs to 48hrs delivery time) with most reasonable prices (if I am not mistaken, the shipping charges for EU are about €8 to €10 for the 24 hrs delivery which I think is a super price).

As a special digital fabrication lab, they are equipped with a high-precision & high-cost "ProJet HD 3000" machine for creating custom made-to-order products. The printing layers can be as thin as 16 microns. Matterial used (for producing this Flettner 282 model kit you see on pictures and all the 3D printed Flettner kits sold untill now), is the best available (and most expensive too) in market for such scale modeling use: It is called "FUD" (Frosted Ultra Detail) or VisiJet SR 200. It is a UV light cured acrylic polymer plastic material with ± 0.025 mm accuracy for every 25.40 mm. It's actually an organic mixture, consists of 55% triethylene glycol dimethacrylate ester and 45% urethane acrylate polymer.

The 3D printed items produced with this "FUD" matterial can be as thin as 0.3mm (for example the above pictured oil drums or fuel canisters) and the machine is able to accurately replicate embossed or engraved details (for example rivets, panel lines etc) as high or deep as 0.1mm (one-tenth-of-milimeter). There is also another matterial called "FXD" (Frosted Xtreme detail) which is very similar to the "FUD" material, using the same base resin and printer, but with much better resolution settings and highest detail. The only problem is that since "FXD" matterial cannot be used for items bigger than 5cm. Therefore it can be used for small miniatures, figurines and tiny details only.

Both "FUD" and "FXD" materials are printed using the “MJM” (Multi Jet Modeling) process. During this MJM process, cartridges of acrylate and/or wax material are heated and the plastic material is fired in ballistic micro droplets from a multi-chambered print head containing hundreds of Piezo jets. Molten plastic is deposited onto an aluminum build platform in layers using several nozzles, essentially like a large print that sweeps across the build layer. As the heated material jets onto the build plate, it solidifies instantly. After each layer is deposited, it is cured & polymerized by a wide area UV lamp. The next layer then applied, and through this repeated process layers of thermoplastic build up into a model. This method can print durable plastic parts with a high level of detail and accuracy as well as burnout materials and real wax parts for casting. Both materials utilize a waxy support material that is dissolved after printing is completed. Because the support material slightly changes the texture of the product and isn’t applied to the entire product, you will see slight variability in texture over the surface of the model.

Have a look on some example pictrures of a project I am currently working with. I shot a picture showing two parts with curvy cylilndrical shape. I chose a cylindrical shape like this, because it is ideal to represent how smooth (or not) the final 3D printed item looks like and if the printing process layers are visible or not. Both of them are produced with "FUD". The translucent part is pictured without any cleaning after received from factory. The white cylinder is washed (to remove oil & wax residues from MJM process during production) and later airbrushed with Ammo Mig Jimenez AMIG2004 “White waterborne polymer primer”. As a size comparison, there is a EUR cent coin (16 mm Ø) next to them.

I hope the above (long) answer, gives you the info you asked about the 3D printed parts resolution. If all the above were not enough about matterial quality and machine resolution, I am sure that following picture will be.

Although “Anyuta 3D” founded back on 2012 originally operated solely on digital projects for use in industrial construction, later expanded into the scale modeling hobby too by designing & manufacturing complete scale models, after market kits and accessories for the modeller who seeks something different. Nowdays, “Anyuta 3D” apart from it’s own retail scale modeling related products, also creates complete 3D printed model kits or partial 3D digital designs on behalf of international scale model companies or custom work for individual customers such as museums & collectors. For example, have a look on the following PZL P.11c pictures, a project CAD designed by “Anyuta 3D” as a commision work for an international scale model company, in order to be mass produced as an injection molded kit, available for sale into your local hobby shop.

MUDHEN336
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MUDHEN336 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Cool! Just ordered some sparrows!

--John Wayne

Nick_Karatzides
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Anyone make ordinance for modern jets? Mk 82 500 lb bomb

Post by Nick_Karatzides » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Buying multiple items (for example 2, 3 or more parts), costs less per item. As you might know, Shapeways lab charges additional fees per 3D printing session, so it costs less if multiple items are combined into same printing tray. If you need to combine individual items, please let me know. More aircraft ordnance 3D printed items will follow soon - stay tuned.
Image Image

Image Image

Each kit contains all necessary parts for assembling ONE or TWO or THREE or FOUR General Dynamics 500 lb Mk 82 bombs with two additional fuses for each bomb included, under 1/18 scale.

Last edited by Nick_Karatzides on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

MUDHEN336
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MUDHEN336 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:14 pm

PM sent

--John Wayne

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by supersonicfifi » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:45 am

COOL ! i am following Nick work for a long time !

I think we should make a common order on this board.

I want

Hellfire X 2 for my Harrier
LGB X 4 for my F- 18 + Ligntning pod + aim 120
AIM 120 x 2 + Sidwinders for my F-16 (but the scale should be sligntly altered)

NICK : can you make this weapon load and harrier NOSE ???

250 lb LGB + CRV ROCKETS + sidwinders pylon + RECON POD + sniper pod + CRV ROCKETS + 250 lb LGB

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by supersonicfifi » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:54 am

Nick_Karatzides
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Anyone make ordinance for modern jets? AIM-9L Sidewinder

Post by Nick_Karatzides » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:13 am

Buying multiple items (for example 2, 3 or more parts), costs less per item. As you might know, Shapeways lab charges additional fees per 3D printing session, so it costs less if multiple items are combined into same printing tray. If you need to combine individual items, please let me know. More aircraft ordnance 3D printed items will follow soon - stay tuned.
Image Image

Image Image

Each kit contains all necessary parts for assembling ONE or TWO or THREE or FOUR Raytheon AIM-9L Sidewinder missiles, under 1/18 scale.

Last edited by Nick_Karatzides on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by supersonicfifi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:36 am

Nick you should launch a new subject in the custom part :

GROUP ORDER : in order to gather all the orders and launch the global thing with your partner !

It's super great !!!!!

Philippe

PS : I 've sent you a PM

Nick_Karatzides
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Anyone make ordinance for modern jets? AGM-84A Harpoon

Post by Nick_Karatzides » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Image Image

Each kit contains all necessary parts for assembling ONE or TWO McDonnell Douglas AGM-84A Harpoon missiles, under 1/18 scale.

Last edited by Nick_Karatzides on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MUDHEN336
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MUDHEN336 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Harpoons ordered! Keep them coming!

--John Wayne