PTE Recons

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: PTE Recons

Post by holensock » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:23 am

Darn! was hoping...
Still NOTHIN' at 3 BL's by me.

jmd250
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jmd250 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Lots of stuff coming in.

Figure packs
Jeeps with trailer
Single figures with horse, snowmobile, kyak, etc.
Bunker
Humvees
Helicopters
Towers
Patrol Boats
12 inch figures

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:34 am

You've seen that stuff? I've yet to see anything but the single figure sets at my BL.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Grognard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grognard » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:20 am

All I've seen in our area is the jeep and trailer, a little bird, Fast attack vehicle, the Chinese Fast attack vehicle, and a few figure sets.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Found a very nice selection of PTE items today at my usual Big Lots - a few new and a lot of rehashes:

Hummers (all types), DPVs Chinese FAVs, guard towers, littlebirds, RIB boats, various figure packs, jeep with trailer, etc.

New items that peaked my interest were the new 1:6 scale "Seal Team 6" figures. Part of me wants to get the whole set. I don't think they're accurate - the uniforms look like US Army Uniforms, but they have some neat accessories and the group would look cool. I'm kind of a sucker for the PTE 1:6 figures (they look pretty decent and the price is right).

They also had a 1:18 scale arctic figure set. A couple of the figures had removable helmets. Set woud be worth the accessories and headsculpts. There was also a new Navy Seal figure pack with the small zodiac raft and figures in dive gear. Ironically, I have the same raft and use the FOV Bravo Team diver figures in it.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 pm

In tonight and they had 1 single figure set. That was it.

They did have Chap Mei crap though, and that scares me... a lot... :(
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:29 pm

I finally hit a BL that had a few sets, not a lot. They did have the snow mobile and the 3 pack arctic figure set. I'm a big fan of PTE, but I'm disappointed with the snow mobile and the arctic guys. How far would the 'lawn mower' wheels on the snow mobile get a soldier, let alone the dark color? And NO helmet? The white/grey color on the arctic soldiers in the 3 packs really highlight the lack of detail PTE uses. Green vests? 2 come with a helmet, 3rd guy will get frost bite on his head. And those helmets look too small. Overall, I'd rather have seen the desert sets that the Canada Sears was selling a couple of years ago. I passed on the arctic sets. The snow sets could've been cool, but I think the same designer who designed some of the 'goofy' looking head sculpts for their 12" line, designed the arctic sets. Just sayin...
Whatta let down.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Still seen nada of this stuff really. Meh.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Nothing new at my store. :x
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

big_mike
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by big_mike » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Big Lots by me didn't have any new products but they were stocked with Little Birds, R.I.B.'s, Jeeps, Humvees, Kayaks, etc. I haven't bought anything from the line but the R.I.B. was awful tempting.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Saw the snowmobile thing a day or so ago at another BigLots in my area. Not impressed... same store also had what I'll term "bargain" PTE 1:6 figures. They were the same ones we've had in previous years but with fewer accessories. Mainly just the figure, gun, a couple small items and often not even a helmet. Price was $10 (ironically the same cost as those same figures with all the gear a couple years ago...)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:40 pm

My BL seriously has no PTE this year.

They DO however have CHap Mei.

Oh, the humanity. :roll:

I hope PTE isn't on the way out for BL... Some got, some didn't, and that's disconcerting.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm

The other BL near me had a little more... Chinese Jeeps and Mutt's w/Trailer, as well as a few 3-packs. That was it though, no bunkers or anything, and not much in the way of anything I personally would find interesting like the Chinese IFV.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:12 pm

This has got to be the WORST year ever for PTE!! At a time when 21rst Century Toys are no longer on the shelves, bbi is no longer on the shelves as well as FOV, PTE decides to be MIA at over a dozen BL in my area. Most BL have had NOTHING in PTE, or just a couple had the 3 packs, or single packs and those have SOLD OUT with NOTHING now on their shelves. They could've made a bundle again this year even if they just put out the same old sets. PTE either dropped the ball big time, or they're on their way to follow 21C, bbi and FOV. Even GI Joe isn't on the shelves. Thanks PTE for NOTHING!! :evil:

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by parrish333 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:04 am

parrish333 wrote:So I found a new retail source for PTE yesterday - a ToyZam! toystore at my local mall. I had never heard of them before, but apparently there's quite a few out there (see link http://www.toyzam.com/storeLoctions.html).

They had a variety of figure 3-packs, some small single figure packs (motorcyle, camp site, etc.), humvees, DPV, Chinese APC, and the new wall/trench set, and the "Rocket Helicopter" - with rockets finally :).

Prices were pretty comparable to Big Lots and JCPenney.com.

Haven't checked yet this year, but see above (my post from last year about this time) for another potential PTE source for those lamenting Big Lots' lack of support. They're a seasonal mall toy store.

On a related note, JCPenney.com seems to not be carrying any PTE this year either :( I just found one discounted PTE humvee set on their site (last week, maybe gone now).

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by parrish333 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:05 am

Well I did make it to my local ToyZam last night - nothing truly new of course, but they had the Chinese APC, Humvee, Rocket copter, watchtower, the tan trench/wall set, DPV, SEAL 3-pack, plus a few of the single packs with accessories (camp set, dirt bike, parachute, kayak).

The also had a 4" figure line I hadn't seen before —can't remember the name— but they were officially licensed modern USMC figures. Four diff. figs sold in two packs or as singles with a small wall/fortification or an ATV. They were basically new sculpt Chap Mei figs - they had some accessories that I've definitely seen with other Chap Mei offerings and the figure style is the same. Why on earth the USMC would use Chap Mei to create their official product is beyond me - PTE, Hasbro, BBI, or many others could have done the USMC much more proud.

Grognard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grognard » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Stopped by a couple of Big Lots in Knoxville, TN while traveling for the holidays...Nada darn thing there.

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:48 pm

parrish333 wrote: The also had a 4" figure line I hadn't seen before —can't remember the name— but they were officially licensed modern USMC figures. Four diff. figs sold in two packs or as singles with a small wall/fortification or an ATV. They were basically new sculpt Chap Mei figs - they had some accessories that I've definitely seen with other Chap Mei offerings and the figure style is the same. Why on earth the USMC would use Chap Mei to create their official product is beyond me - PTE, Hasbro, BBI, or many others could have done the USMC much more proud.
I saw the USMC line. Same items you noted. The manufacturer or distributor was Excite Limited, www.excite-limited.com

lancelot
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lancelot » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:16 pm

jlspec wrote:
parrish333 wrote: The also had a 4" figure line I hadn't seen before —can't remember the name— but they were officially licensed modern USMC figures. Four diff. figs sold in two packs or as singles with a small wall/fortification or an ATV. They were basically new sculpt Chap Mei figs - they had some accessories that I've definitely seen with other Chap Mei offerings and the figure style is the same. Why on earth the USMC would use Chap Mei to create their official product is beyond me - PTE, Hasbro, BBI, or many others could have done the USMC much more proud.
I saw the USMC line. Same items you noted. The manufacturer or distributor was Excite Limited, http://www.excite-limited.com
I've seen those figures around too. What relation does that company have with Chap Mei?Is it legal for them to use their sculpting? I think the Marines should have got Hasbro to make the figures out of older GI Joe sculpts.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 am

My store, at some point, put out 3 destroyed buildings. All I was gonna get this year was bunkers, so I guess I can't complain at the lack of stuff, but I'm still bummed. No towers, nothing good this year.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Stopped in my closest BL today, looking for a specific gift for my wife. They didn't have that, but there was a pretty good selection of PTE items. Nothing that I needed at this point, but it was fun to see.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:58 pm

By the way, they had the big Pirates of the Carribean (I'm sure I just spelled that wrong!) ship set for $15.

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 pm

I found this while looking for something else, might be some stuff you guys are looking for....
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... team+elite

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:36 pm

All my local Big Lots had NOTHING in PTE this year. If they did have some, I missed it and they sold fast. Only ONE BL had the Arctic Set and I passed on as at first look, I didn't care much for it. Well, today, 2 hours away from home, I stopped at a BL and they had ONE Modern Arctic set and I bought it. I looked for more, but nothing. When I got home and opened it, I was surprised that the Arctic soldiers aren't that bad at all!! One with a removable helmet and the other with a removable cap. The 3rd soldier has no helmet. Now I wish I would've bought that first set I saw.
If anyone has these, Modern Arctic soldiers, and don't want them, LMK!!! Now I want more! :roll:

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Separate helmets and hats, the Chinese PLA figures have those