Avenger In Need Of Assistance (Screw Covers Needed)

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

Avenger In Need Of Assistance (Screw Covers Needed)

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Greetings:

My Avenger is in need of some assistance.

I had my Avenger at school the other day to share with the kids. They love seeing the airplanes. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, two of the wing screw covers fell out and have gone missing. I have no clue where they fell out. I had always wanted to glue them in but never did it and now am kicking myself for not doing so.

I know a lot of people do customs and so forth on here. Does anyone have two spare screwcovers. I have the Bunker Hill plane but I think the covers for either the Atlantic or the Bunker Hill Avenger would work. I will gladly pay you for these.

Thank you in advance.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: Avenger In Need Of Assistance (Screw Covers Needed)

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:09 pm

You know i don't know if this is the same for you but when I got my Atlantic Avenger it didn't have and screw hole covers ANYwhere.
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:28 pm

The first run was sent out with no covers - it was corrected later I believe.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:36 pm

That's right and they never (oddly) offered them for individual sale. I wonder if they are too small to cast and paint match...

MZ826
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MZ826 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi Corey,

I don't have any screw covers but I can offer an idea on how to fix them permanently. I recently repainted a p-39 and as the bottom color had to change I just filled in the holes with putty, sanded and painted to match. An airbrush works best but, thinned properly it can be done with a brush. The planes look much better with the holes filled in my opinion.

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:34 pm

MZ826 wrote:Hi Corey,

I don't have any screw covers but I can offer an idea on how to fix them permanently. I recently repainted a p-39 and as the bottom color had to change I just filled in the holes with putty, sanded and painted to match. An airbrush works best but, thinned properly it can be done with a brush. The planes look much better with the holes filled in my opinion.
That is a Very good idea, that can help me too!
I was just going to use a hole punch on a sheet of plastic to make covers...
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it