IMPS Convention, Orlando, FL

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Grognard
Sergeant
Sergeant

IMPS Convention, Orlando, FL

Post by Grognard » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:23 pm

I was in Orlando last Friday, and stopped by the International Plastic Modeler's convention (IMPS) Convention over at Disney. I catch an ocassional show every now and then, if they are compatable with my schedule.

Well I was surprised to see 1/18 XD at two of the vendor booths. One lady has four AC (Me262B, P40, Avenger, Me109G6) they were a $100 and up, but I didn't feel like digger them out becuase I have all four of those. They also had a dozen or so 1/32 but I didb't feel like pay $40.

At another booth, on the very top was a used 1/18 UH-1C Hoghead. The pilot figure was missing but all the parts were there. I got it for $89. I have three of the UH-1 Air Ameica's but could never find a Hog. Price was fantastic!

Lots of kits for sale. Most of the models were significantly less than hobby shops. Lots of Trumpeter 1/35 scale armor for $20-$30. Lots of old monogram AC kits.

Bought too much, but If I live to retirement, I will be busy for years....

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: IMPS Convention, Orlando, FL

Post by TankAce » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:21 pm

I live by Tampa Florida,that is less than 2 hours distance.I didn't know about this show.If you know about any other military toy show,let me know.I haven't been on a toy show in years.If you live by the Orlando are try Acme toys.I have been there a couple of times last year and i seen a few XD Vietnam and WWII vehicles.Thanks for keeping us posted.

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:29 pm

I lived in Orlando 3 years and didn't know about it.

:x

Grognard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grognard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:06 am

I'm not sure how they schedule these events. I came across it by acciedent. I was at Warner Robins for a local event, and one of the vendors was talking about the Orlando show.

I think the next one near me is in Duncan, SC mid September. If I get more information on event and vendors I will post.