Toy Fair Expectations

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.

Toy Fair Expectations

I think it's going to be great!
25%
I think it will be so-so...not much interesting
44%
I think it's going to be another dud
31%

Total votes: 61

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Toy Fair Expectations

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:14 pm

Well, aside from the Olympics starting soon (i can hardly wait!), another Toy Fair will be upon us in several more days. I used to really look forward to Toy Fairs but i've found that the last couple of years that they were disappointing. However, this year, for some reason, i have high hopes for an exciting Toy Fair.

Aside from off topic stuff like AT-AT's, new star trek figures and mcfarlane 4 inch sports figures, i think there is going to be some interesting stuff shown in military and hopefully 1/18 military collectibles. JST and AG plus maybe more. Our hobby may be turning around and Toy Fair may offer continuing positive signs of it.

What are your expectations for Toy Fair?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Stug45 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 pm

I wonder if All-Go! is going to show anything?
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:41 pm

Beyond off-topic stuff, and from a 1:18 military POV only, I don't think there'll be much to be giddy about. I'm going to be covering the show this year so I'll be sure and stop by anyone who is attending but I'm already pretty sure one of the list isn't attending and the others are not likely to be there.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 pm

I'd love to see a strong showing of 1:18 Military, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm hopeing some of the OT stuff, will be cool.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:57 pm

Is unimax going to be there?
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Yeah I was just coming in to mention I'd found Unimax's booth... That's something, and they have had signs of life in the last year so that's good.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:47 am

I'm excited to see what might be new in the Star Wars (I've been digging the new Clone Wars figures lately) and Star Trek realm, but have little hopes for 1:18 showing this year. Hope I'm wrong! :wink:

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:15 am

Unimax better have new WW2 Figures & Vehicles :evil:

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:06 am

I hope JSI will show some "new" repaints of old 21C molds, as well as the F-15.
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 am

As far as what we collect around here, I think the Toyfair will only be so-so. JSI's booth will probably be the most interesting, but I expect we'll see a lot of what we have already seen. Certainly they will have the F-14 on display and perhaps a repaint of it as well as those other 21c aircraft repaints and armored vehicles. If we're lucky, they'll have a prototype for the SU-27 and F-15.

From a thread on the 1:32 forum, it sounds like Unimax will have some new items (Jagtiger, Opel Blitz) as well as some repaints and retoolings (Pershing, US GMC truck).

I'm not expecting to see much of All Go because they just came out, but one never knows. If they were there showing off their King Tiger, that would be great.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 am

I second the motion for the KT. Hope that item makes a surprise visit!!! :wink:

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:10 am

I wouldn't mind a new diecast 1/16 tank from Unimax :wink:

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:44 pm

tmanthegreat wrote: If we're lucky, they'll have a prototype for the SU-27 and F-15.
I bet that they don't even have a prototype of the J11. A F-15 prototype is more likely to be displayed, together with the different Starfighter repaints. Maybe we'll also see the Huey repaint they plan to do.
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:15 pm

When is Toyfair anyway?
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:50 pm

i wonder if their f-14 will be updated to match the production dalmation scheme? i look forward however to seeing the f-15 or su-27 as well. hopefully spotfree.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Jericoeagle1 wrote:When is Toyfair anyway?

Feb. 14-17th.
I Tan I Epi Tas

heiss66
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by heiss66 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Don't you gentlemen find it just a bit upsetting to refer to JSI as some serious company. Hopeing to see repaints of 1:18 items JSI is using without authorization. They spin this story about they being the manufacturing behind 21st Century Toys, well that's just bogus. These guys are bottle manufacturers and pirates to boot.

They have absolutely no legal right to manufacture any 21st Century Toys period. Any one importing or buying their counterfiet products are just helping another one of many Chinese bandits who think they're above the law by hinding in the PRC.

My hope is they are dragged into court and held responsible for all of their dirty deeds.

I will never buy a JSI product no matter what it is or what crazy story
they tell.

Ask any seller of JSI if they have any ownership documentation, licenses from any aircraft companies like Boeing, Lockheed, etc. The answer is a big fat no.

Not only is JSI ripping off 21st Century Toys they're ripping off every USA aircraft company of the royalities they are required to pay.

digger

?

Post by digger » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Interesting take. Cool if you could shed some light on your insight. One story is simply that factories kept molds after not getting paid.

It has to be said though JSI did come out with the biggest baddest bird yet, so they need to be taken seriously! Did they steal that mold too? Just wondering. 8)

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:45 pm

well i for one could careless, if they produce new products or stolen goods from other toy companies, people do that stuff all the time. besides at the rate our economy is going we will all be speaking chinese sooner or later.
jsi has brought to us some fimiluar re-dos, and some new stuff, i think it is great that someone had the guts to do the f-14, let alone what we will see from them in the future.just no more spotted birds, jsi! thank god for skyworks and their repaint service and jack. but if it wasn't for jsi we wouldn't have the tomcat in the first place. so don't knock them down yet. lets see if someone else will step up and produce something like this. elsewise jsi is all we got when it comes to new more modern aircraft. :?

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:43 pm

I voted that it "would be great" hoping that it will be.

Hasbro will no doubt have some cool Star Wars stuff like the AT-AT.
Maybe a new Star Trek ship or two from Art Asylum (or whoever they are called now)

I'm hoping All-Go would be there with some 1/32 like that Typhoon Hiess66 mentioned in another thread.. something, anything we haven't seen yet pleeze.

I'm really not interested in anything JSI has to offer right now in the way of 21st re-paints, because I either have it in a previous 21st model, or I'm not that into modern aircraft anyways.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Maybe a new Star Trek ship or two from Art Asylum (or whoever they are called now)

diamond select. how about quantom mechanix 1/350 star trek enterprise.

heiss66
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by heiss66 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Interesting cover story put out by JSI regarding factories who have not been paid by their clients are authorized to use their clients property. Property belonging to another company is not open chattle. So it is not true. No factory can simply take over another companies property, owed money or not. It's a simple matter of security interest. In this case there was no security interest by the socalled JSI.
The story I hear is they were paid and with the demise of 21st Century Toys they took advantage of an opening/opportunity in the market. This same factory we'll call them "JSI light" are well known in the toy world as back door retailers. Every company that has OEM contracts with then within two years has left due to irregular production, quality, back door sales, truck loads of the newest items showing up in Hong Kong stores. Shanghi ebay sales.

Ask Mattel, Mcfarland, Toybiz and many smaller firms.

As for the F14 do you honestly believe this company could bring a beast like the F14 to market in 7 months. Impossible!

The only way this is possible is if BBI were well into the tooling and either turned it over to JSI to finish or partnered up with them.

The funny thing about all this nonsense with JSI is their logo is strikeingly simular to the BBI logo proposed several years ago.

To build an F14 from scratch takes a great deal of resources. Not only money, talent, sculptors, designers, packaging people. Not the sort of project a company can pull together within 7 months.

My hunch is the resources behind JSI is BBI... Who else?

Don't you find it interesting that Merit International is the JSI exclusive distributor, were they not the BBI exclusive distributor?

Way too much smoke, for there not to be fire.

My take, If BBI is behind JSI. You can bet after the spotted cat disaster the old man will cut number two from number two out of the military side of the business.

You be the judge!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:20 pm

what does that have to do with toy fair??

Stay on topic please.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:30 pm

Perhaps there will be a West Side Story-esque brawl between company CEO's at Toy Fair?

:lol:

I promise pictures if I see one break out... though I'm thinking it'll be less WSS and more Anchorman-ish. Watch out for tridents!