A future kitbashing idea ???

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

A future kitbashing idea ???

Post by General Blasto » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:24 pm

As I prepare to kitbash my 3 M-24 Chaffe tanks, I will be using the M-41 tank as my platform and the BBI sherman Main gun mount. But I was wondering what to do with the 3 gunless BBI shermans. So I had this idea of using the 21st C sherman main gun mount with an extended barrel with the slight flaring at the end. I will also mount an old style loud speaker on the side of the turret - Know where I'm going with this ?!? I may just plan to(with making a few custom figures) make Odd Ball's 3 sherman tanks from the movie Kelly's Heros :P What do you think ??? Intresting idea ??? The General

HardenSteel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by HardenSteel » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:30 pm

Make an ARV - every unit need them.

hd

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:39 am

Make a M7 Priest 8)
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

M7

Post by General Blasto » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:49 am

The M7 idea has tickled my thoughts :roll:
Would be a little easier to do AND I have the GI Joe howitzers to make them with. After an inventory of parts, I see I don't have any spare main gun sheilding to use on the shermans after I remove the mount/sheilding from the 3 I have to make the M-24 Chaffes. So the M7 seems a better bet for now, at least on 2 chassies. I would still like to make Odd Ball's tank with the loud speaker on it ;) Odd Ball himself would be an easier figure to make. And I have the removable leather tank helmets to do him with :) The General

KAMIKAZE
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by KAMIKAZE » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:47 pm

Make an M-10 tank destroyer.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:30 am

M-10 sounds intresting, but I have no pictures :(
I wanted to do a M-18 Hellcat, but I'll have to use the M-41 once again(modified) as the platform to build that tank. Does anyone have a picture they can post here of the M-10 ??? The General