New Blood arrives.

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

New Blood arrives.

Post by steelbonnet » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:53 am

Hi All,

Well thank`s to Rob I`ve had some troops Transfered over to the UK for further training & deployment from UK.

There will be more photos to come shortly just wanted to show the troops arriving.

These bands on the package are Brilliant Rob,I love that :D

2 Task Force OMEGA troops & the CO get to opening the package.

The 4 carded Re-enforcements.

There will be more shortly once there opened :D
Sorry for the blurryness,my 2 year old daughter was trying to get into the package too & also get the figures......LOL

Again Rob Thank`s & reading the Posted orders as I type.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:15 am

good for you Jason,

i hope i'll be able to get these babies soon,
8)

on a side note i must say i'm thrilled my wife and i are planning to have a baby (i'll have to share my toys, damn !) :wink:

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Dude!

Post by MiG29K » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:24 am

Jason Man,

YOU had me falling out of my damned chair with those pics!!! hahaaaa!!! I think your daughter believes herself to be their new Drill Instructor! She was about to call them to muster and put them thru their paces!!! Too damned funny! Glad that made the journey, Did you receive the copy of their orders?? I believe that the personnel detachment back here included them!!

Peace ouT!!!

Rob
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:42 am

Julien First off CONGRATS mate :D Hope it`s a smooth pregancy for your wife & you don`t have to do too many "Craving Runs"....HAHAHAHAHA
I`ve got 2 beautifull daughters myself so I know what a JOY they are.

As for sharing,no mate just means buy triples (2 for you & 1 for the child ;) ) HAHAHAHA
Again Congrats to the pair of you on that news :D

Rob,
HAHAHA Glad someone thinks it`s funny........HAHAHAHA She does love to make the toys do FORCED MARCHES BTW,so you could be right about the DI part.......LOL

Orders have been recieved & digested. My 2 year old wouldn`t eat them though :( HAHAHAHAHA So I had too :(

Right then the Box was opened & here`s what happened next.

3 BLACK SUVs arrived at the box with US,UK & German Officers to meet the new Arrivals.

The 3 COs of each Nation.

4 US SpecOps (Brits caught by accident on camera ;) )

German & UK SpecOperators

The New Arrivals upon release from Enviromental casing.

They all meet & greet,pass over orders to the Commanders. Then ALL mount up in the 3 SUVs to whisk away to a Helo landing zone where 2 Littlebirds & a UH-60 await them.

Formal Orders issued & told welcome to the UK & to this JOINT TASK FORCE (JTF). Helo`s will whisk away to an UNDISCLOSED location.

SECURITY

UH-60

END REPORT.

Now I thought doing the opening box sequence with a 2year old on the prowl was hard enough. Don`t ask what possessed me to do this (Hey it is 6-6-6 today I suppose LOL) but this was a nightmare with a 2 year old wanting in on everything.....LOL
I am sorry for the long shot blur`s though,My camrea doesn`t seem very good at that or could it be I forgot to take it off macro??? DOH!!!

Anyway there you have it the 4 new arrivals are NOW bedded down & being debriefed.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Breakfast

Post by MiG29K » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:38 am

Damn You got me laughin again...and now I want to get a movin' on buying a BlackHawk Helicopter! When I get one, I'll probably be debating on Navalizing it into an SH-60 Seahawk with HCS-5 FireHawks Squadron (US NAVY RESERVE) or the HCS-4 Redwolves squadron insignia (also USNR). Or just keeping it.

By the way, I noticed that our Airborne friend is holding is stomach and it looks like he had too many servings of scrambled eggs at the mess hall at McChord Air Force Base before the flight. Either that or he picked a really bad MRE to munch on during the flight! He may have to report to sick bay pronto!!!

PS I thought they used Landrovers in Europe! Good to see they were able to ship some of our domestic vehicles over there!! HAHA!!! I guess it'll keep em from gettin homesick.

R
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:03 am

HAHAHA Thank`s Rob :D

Yea the Airborne guy said something "It`s bad enough jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft,though it`s worse when you suffer from Air sickness" . So that`s why he`s still a little queezy.....LOL Still balls of steel to still be AIRBORNE & suffer Air Sickness. Makes him tha little more special to endure that along with everything else an Airborne ranger has to endure. HOOO RAAA.

As for the SUVs,Yep Landies are the Norm BUT as this is a JTF well there`s exceptions to the rule. Though they DO have a small fleet of Landies inc a few WOLF110 WMIKs (Weapon Mounted Installation Kits).
I still need to secure some G500s for my KSK though :( So the SUVs will have to do.
Also have Humvee`s here too BUT UK streets don`t make the best place to drive them sometimes....LOL Just like most of Europe actually...HAHAHAHA

Again Thank`s & Glad you liked the "Blury" photos mate. At least you know they DID arrive & that they have been debriefed & are billeted.

Again Thank You Rob.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:46 pm

nice Jason

your blurry pics remind me of my own photo skills :wink:

nice assembly of troops and vehicles btw

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:49 pm

nice pics Ja cant wait to see what you do with them! Looks like a good lot of vehicles came out to meet them!

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:54 pm

Lookin good :D ---- Wanted to know who made the Little Bird???---and how well built it is???I found one at TRU for $9.99 that looks like yours--- but it was from a company I haven't herd of!!!!! I hope your D.I. daughters don't work the new grunts out to hard on the 1st day!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ---Can't wait to see what you do with em!!! :D BTW what ever happened to the British paratroopers and that Bren gun???? :) :) ---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:49 am

Thank`s & again apologies for the blurry photos ....LOL

Scope,
The cap (SpecOps sleeveless) does come off,you need dremel it out for a useable hat on others & rebuild the head of the figure a little (that`s good though for different characters). One of the first things I did actually was remove that hat.......LOL

I`m going to have to get some more of these bad boys :D The helo guys is spot on straight out of the Afghan SpecOps book. Though so doers the Sleeveless guy (card say`s Navy so methinks DEVGRU).

The weapons are really sweet. The Airborne trooper I think IS useable without parachute rig & IN the field even with that harness. A little work & it could be a STABO rig he has on under an assault vest? SO totally useable the Airborne troops :D

The Sniper is pretty nice I think,like that they have the head on a Ball socket (This something we may see more of??? ). The molded guille is a little pit of a pain but I`m thinking of making the main body guille in cloth anyway. Only down part his right arm pops out of the shoulder section everytime you move it. Still pops straight back in though so NO really harm.

The Camo M82 is nice & moreso they used one of the previous M82s too As it`s spot on for scale. Was worried with the photos incase it had been redesigned & was off scale. So that was a pleasant surprise. Also nice to have a M14 at actual size now :D Always thought the other M14s were tooo BIG so nice they redesigned it.

I`ll be working on these guys soon :D

RED,
I haven`t forgotten mate,i`m just working on some Custom WWII stuff for a fellow board member which are close to done & then I will be converting the 2 Japanese LMGs to Brens & finishing off the Paras :D

Also RED,the LittleBirds are by PowerTeam Elite,World Peacekeepers.
There spot on for US 160th Version littlebirds though more basic in layout than the BBI one (which is based on the IDF version anyway). So I say Get them if planning any US SpecOps type customs mate ;) :D At that sort of price they are well worth it.
I`m hoping to get some more sometime (have around 4-6 at the end of the day).

Ja
Steel Bonnet

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:10 am

oh i thought the PTE little birds came only in bright colors (blue and red), if you're willing to paint them you can have two Lil birds and a black humvee for 20$ on ptehq sounds like a nice deal

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:25 am

Julien,
the 2 bright colours are the Civvie rescue one & the Fire Dept Helo`s.

The Black version comes with Miniguns & rocket pods so it purely depends on if your looking for AH-6s or MH-6s really. Though must admit i`ve removed the weapons from my black ones & sometime in the future will be making benches for them (all being well that actually fold up too).

Still the PTE littlebird no matter the colour is well worth having.

ja
Steel Bonnet

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:08 am

that's cool, i didn't know about the military version of the little bird