Speaking of Panzer Commanders.. got a question.

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Speaking of Panzer Commanders.. got a question.

Post by flpickupman » Fri May 26, 2006 7:19 am

I put the long coat from the BOB German Soldier on one of my black attired Pz Commanders, and though it looked pretty sharp. Was such a coat ever worn by armor crewmen? If so, I'm guessing the coat ultimately should be black, but was it leather, or somekind of cloth? (shiny vs flat). Thanks for any info you may have.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Fri May 26, 2006 6:49 pm

I am pretty sure they weren't standard issue, but I am sure they were traded for. When you are cold , you will wear what ever you can get.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri May 26, 2006 7:23 pm

Okay. It's plausible then. I like plausibility.. 8)
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sat May 27, 2006 2:18 am

This is the thing when doing WWII i`ve seen heated debates in 1/6th circles on WHAT SHOULD be allowed.

At the end of the day,soldiers will scavange ANYTHING when the resupplies seem to be drying up. So technically anything is possible.

As for the Longcoat,there`s a photo anyway of Wittman doing a brifing just before or during the Invasion. The array of jackets & Coats worn by the men there truely show what I mean in that ANYTHING is possible.

It its from Europe/Russia from that period I dare say No matter what the item maybe they`ll have been worn,used in the field.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by markecho » Sun May 28, 2006 3:10 pm

Hey flpickupman,
I was thinking the same thing...I mean doing a commander with a long trench coat. I also wondered if this was sort of accurate and in my google searches I came upon this...

I don't know if that is the commander in the trench coat, but I agree with grockwood and steelbonnet...so I would say it was possible.
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue May 30, 2006 4:48 am

Ouststanding! Thanks for the info guys. :D
-W.C. Fields