Anyone Give Their Sherman An Interior?

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Anyone Give Their Sherman An Interior?

Post by Jesse James » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:42 pm

Anyone customed up a Sherman so it has an interior? I'm curious to see people's work, possible reference material they used, etc...

I've found a couple good cut-away diagrams but not a whole lot... I'm not looking to acheive perfection, but I'd like to turn one of my Winter Shermans into at least a comparable tank in terms of quality with the Tiger I. I love the interiors and am disappointed 21st hasn't been continuing the idea with the limited armor they've made. Yeah Panzer I'm lookin' at you!

So anyone got some tips and ideas? ALl are welcome.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:51 am

Its not really an interior, however, on both my 21c shermans (COED & OD green) I have lowered the driver's seats so that the figures can fit inside that position. They can either sit up within the hatch in a realistic manner or be completely closed within. Its a tight squeeze to get the BoB US Tanker figure in, but it does fit :D

If you look closely at this diorama picture of my OD Green Sherman, you can see what I mean about the driver figures as described above.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:35 pm

Interesting and cool pic',..never the less,.."tman" ! .. :wink:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:29 am

I don't think anyone has because the turret isn't removable. If it was eazier to make it like that, then maybe it would be done. The bbi version is worse in that fact. It is a beast to take apart. The 21st C version is much better from the customizers stand point, being eazier to take apart. I don't think there is a 21st C or bbi vehicle that I haven't taken apart, lol.

A better choice for adding interior would be the Panther over the Sherman. My project Panther has been converted to have the turret turn off like the Tiger, for when the time comes to add the interior.
momaw nadon

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:06 am

Yes someone has added an interior to the Sherman. A few years ago there was a custom contest on GPXD.com and someone detailed the inside of the Sherman. I think it may have been one of the winners but I don't think there is a link to it anymore. I also believe one of the judges was the PR manager for 21st Century toys who was later let go. I am just trying to see if I can jar anyone's memory.

MK

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:51 pm

I do remember someone did a nice Firefly Sherman with it all covered in extra track. And a few others with great weathering job on them, but I don't recall one wtih interior.
momaw nadon

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:57 pm

[quote="momaw nadon"
A better choice for adding interior would be the Panther over the Sherman. My project Panther has been converted to have the turret turn off like the Tiger, for when the time comes to add the interior.
momaw nadon[/quote]

Could you try to explain how you did this and I may actually get a Panther - are any of the Panther's dicast?
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.