My Pickelhaube MH-60G Pave Hawk

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

My Pickelhaube MH-60G Pave Hawk

Post by granch » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:59 pm

Hi Guys,
At last, I've nearly finished one custom, please have a look, it has a lot of small home made improvements.
The rear rotor has been tilted in a correct position (20 degrees angle):
The refueling probe got a wire as on the real thing: so it is possible to customize Pickel's custom!
Pickel's rear missile detector, but also the horizontal stab is in a down position as it should for hovering flight:
Pitot tubes (thanks to Pizzaguy) and reinforced wire cutter:
Some antennas on the back... Made of brass, but for the round one, I used an old copper coin:
More realistic (?) wish wiper:
More attention to the underside: antennas, a retractable hook, projectors, and the riveted black plate under the cockpit central instrument panel:
And now insight into the cabin, with internal removable fuel tanks, stretcher and rescue backpack (modified GI Joe stuff), the rescue basket with a wounded pilot is home made with brass sheet and tubes, chocolate golden aluminium sheet as a thermic blanket...
Detail of the ceiling with fast rope hook, hanging seats, really working seat belts (but they are extremely difficult to fasten with soldiers seating, because of the seats location):
Cockpit improvment, all black covered with overhead panel. Not to be seen here, the collective pitch lever (took it out to make it better):
Door structure with chart compartment and opening handle:
Modified winch hook, note that the BBI soldier's helmet is a resin cast made from somebody on this board (Pizzaguy? I'm not sure). Who can identify the rescued pilot? 21st Century F-104 figure?

AJWW2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: My Pickelhaube MH-60G Pave Hawk

Post by AJWW2 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:28 am

Really nice mods, pickels kit looks great
it be like dat

YT
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by YT » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:09 am

Great work amazing details.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

slogan
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by slogan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:51 am

Looks great. Well done, especially on the cabin details.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Arpia IV
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Arpia IV » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:09 pm

That one is in my bucket list. It is just amazing! I feel shivery since the first time when I saw a blackhawk when I was in the Colombian army (roughly 21 years). And some day I would like to try to make a customized "Arpia IV"