Turret Track Hooks

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
NHoggard12
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Turret Track Hooks

Post by NHoggard12 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:23 am

I was thinking about attaching spare track links to the turret sides of the 1/32 panther tank (21st or FOV) but didn't want to simple glue them to the turret sides. Any suggestions? What could I use for turret track hooks that would be appropriate for 1/32?

Thanks!

NHoggard12
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Turret Track Hooks

Post by NHoggard12 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:37 am

ledhead0085
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ledhead0085 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:52 am

why is gluing them out of the option? i wouldn't think there would be another option for the 21c as its plastic. as for the FOV the turret is metal so if you make the hooks from metal you may be able to solder them on and it would be a strong bond. all depending if the metal you use to make the hooks and the metal on the turret bonds with soldier. i was planing on making some out of plastic for my resin 1/32 panther A kit that i will be making available. so if you come up with any good ideas post it because i interested in making it the best i can.

NHoggard12
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NHoggard12 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:34 am

ledhead0085 wrote:why is gluing them out of the option? i wouldn't think there would be another option for the 21c as its plastic. as for the FOV the turret is metal so if you make the hooks from metal you may be able to solder them on and it would be a strong bond. all depending if the metal you use to make the hooks and the metal on the turret bonds with soldier. i was planing on making some out of plastic for my resin 1/32 panther A kit that i will be making available. so if you come up with any good ideas post it because i interested in making it the best i can.

I have no problem gluing the track hooks to the turret; I only meant that I didn't want to glue the track links themselves to the turret.

ledhead0085
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ledhead0085 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:53 am

yeah i understand i wouldn't want to glue the links ether. you can try this: ticky-tacky. i use it all the time for dry fitting customs, and models, or sticking things on i don't want permanent. i shouldn't take much for those tracks so it should be easy to hide. if i dosn't all come off when you want just take a big wad of it and just tapping it on the area where its still on and it will pull it off and its ready to be used again.
another idea you can make the pegs wide enough that they just fit snug into the holes on the track links. i think you really lke the ticky-tacky if you try it. make sure you seal your paint before. i have never had an oil spot left behind yet tho. its made to hold posters up and not leave marks on the wall paint. but theres always a chance it could. so i would clear coat any custom paint job.