Corsair replacement wheels. Available now.

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Corsair replacement wheels. Available now.

Post by Jay » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:28 am

Hey all. Just received an email from shapeways saying the wheels couldn't be printed for a customer.
A bit strange as the suspect parts are ones which I ordered without any problem.
Non the less, You should've received a refund from Shapeways.
I've updated the kit with extra material in the specified places so we should be good to go again :) .
If anyone is having problems, let me know!
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

Kroll777
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kroll777 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:07 am

I paid $22.60 for the set about a week ago. Hopefully, I'm not the guy they can process. I paid this through PayPal.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:59 am

Have you received anything from Shapeways saying your order couldn't be printed?
If not, then I would assume your order is ok.....
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:22 am

Placed my Corsair wheel order yesterday !!
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Kroll777
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kroll777 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:06 pm

I guess I was the guy they cancelled. I guess I'll have to get them re-run the order. Kinda weird they would give a "In store credit". Why they wouldn't just re-run my order is beyond me. Oh well.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:21 pm

:( Sorry to hear that kroll.
Still not sure how that error made it through the printabilty checks.
I did upload the revised set as soon as I received Shapeways email, but I guess it's easier for them to just clear the order. Feel free to PM me if you have any further problems.

Also, thanks to those who have bit the bullet and bought a set. Let me know how they go.

Kroll777
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kroll777 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:58 am

Jay,

Did you drill out the old screws out of the old tires? I actually dont have screws. I have flat metal things that I can't seem to get to unscrew. Did you just go buy some screws from your local hardware store. Can you show/ explain how you got the screws out. Did you have actual screws in yours?

The tires look awesome now we need some for the P-51. Great job man!

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:48 am

Hey Kroll, yeah the factory wheels on my Bunker Hill Corsair have screws which I just undid with a small Phillips screwdriver (+). If you scroll back to one of my previous photos (the ones of the finished/painted wheels) you'll see the factory screw in place.

Sounds like 21st replaced screws with push in pins somewhere along the line? Are you able to get a Flathead screw driver between the wheel and the landing gear and pry the wheel off?