Next Project?

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
pizzaguy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Next Project?

Post by pizzaguy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:56 am

I am on the fence on what project I would like to work on next. The Ford-Ferg Moto Tug, A/S32P-25 Carrier Fire Truck or a Tau-2h fire suppression add on to the MD-3. Out of the three which if any would you guys be interested in? I'm leaning a little to moto tug, but I can't find any specific dimensions. Tamiya has a nice kit I may have to buy if I can't find anything. Maybe with the Moto tug a 15x15 section of the carrier deck. Let me know your thoughts.

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: Next Project?

Post by granch » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:24 pm

Have ni idea about this question, Pizzaguy. I'm really not in WWII items. I'm very glad to have owned your MD-3 kit. Not assembled yet, because I'm moving home and have to work, but I'm still thinking about making a temporary installation with a 5x5 ft. carrier deck part with the BBI F-18 and your vehicle. The difficult point I think is the lack of any carrier deck crew. This could make less interest in more vehicles without anybody sitting on it. Perheaps a versatile figure that could be positionned different ways with different legs and arms. Then, the modeller could paint the vest in any nice colour, red for firemen, purple for fuel, yellow for the crew chief... I don't now the exact code, as Switzerland has no carrier! But by this way, it could bring life to your first kit and the following.

pizzaguy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pizzaguy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Granch,
I agree with you. The crew completes the image. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Never been on a cerrier so what would make the most sense as far as poses and people? I picked this off the web. Image
Would this combination work? A driver for the tractor in Blue, 1 red ordiance, 1 Yellow FDO, 1 Green catapult and 1 White safety? I'll work on the driver first and see how that goes. Does anyone have any good pictures I could reference? It doesn't appear that there is a dress code.

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:22 am

Have a look in here:
http://www.carrierbuilders.net/articles ... colors.htm
Carrier deck drivers seems to be in blue (vest and helmet)

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Pizzaguy,
Not sure it's easy to make a driver: there is not anough place for the legs and feet to sit a figure behind the steering wheel, as it appears when I tried to place a 21st century soldier. But, perheaps it doesn't matter, blue vest operators may also be busy with the fork, or simply waiting, sitting on their vehicle. Anyway, the problem is to have such figures for a diorama, even just only the special helmet would be helpfull to anybody who has some 21st tank drivers from the Vietnam period. There has been some topics about carrier deck crew, I've posted this picture, a true heroe figure that has a very close helmet: Image

But I could never buy anyone, so I tried something very simple and unsatisfying with putty (don't know how to make molds and pour resin):

When seen from far, it gives a little bit the ambiance, but your MD-3 is clearly missing on this pic (and now you know what I'm planning with your kit)...

... and nothing in comparison with what appear in this topic, about what JSI planned and nether did (so, there is a niche for you):

Ref: http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... 79#p252779