My custom works and paint jobs

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
PLASTICFANATIC
Corporal
Corporal

Re: My custom works and paint jobs

Post by PLASTICFANATIC » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:17 am

Once more a million thanks for the warm welcome and kind words about my projects, they are greatly appreciated.

PLASTICFANATIC
Corporal
Corporal

Post by PLASTICFANATIC » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:33 am

Jnewboy wrote:Love all of it, but I really really like the 1/32 U-boat! I love U-boats and have a 1/72 one and its big! :shock: Really amazing work, keep me posted on your U-boat, any idea of final length?? Also your Rommel is amazing, how do you paint like that? did you hand paint the insignias and all??
Sorry for my late replay, I am on the road and internet signal is not to good. Thanks for the kind words about my work, you to do amazing models and conversions.

I mostly paint my figures and detail work with brushes and hand detailing, also some times using enamels and acrylics, in that order, for blending,highlights and weathering. For armor and airplanes and airbrush is used, but again some detail work and weathering is done by brush and detail painting all depends on the work subject and level of detail/cammo/weathering one want to achive and it's final look. For example all my 1/18 scale figure reworks are painted in acrilics paint since is the only type that will dry on the vinyl plastic these are mode of. I use the acrilic brand sold at the art and craft store and mix my own colors when need, these paints are great "for acrilics" for blending, painting uniforms,fieldgear and are much,much more cheaper than other "hobby brands" and in my very personal opinion and experience give the same results.

PLASTICFANATIC
Corporal
Corporal

Post by PLASTICFANATIC » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:00 pm

I had a collector who ask me if it was possibble to modified/repaint the figures that came wih his 1/18 Die cast Mercedes G4...SUPERB model by the way!!...the figures are made in a very soft plastic but still can be worked on, I cut the arm of A.H., repositioned in the political salute and filled/molded with epoxie putty. The other two figures where just repainted/detailed. All paint was done in acrylics.

The actual color of A.H. prewar Mercedes G4 was a very pale Grey that in period newsreels look almost white, I was going to repaint it in that shade but I recomended that since the finish and paint of the factory die cast was superb, this small detail could be overlooked.

ketelone
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ketelone » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Fantastic!
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:26 pm

I must say that you are really talented in terms of detail and weathering. The models are excelllent. :D
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Excellent work! Love the 1/32 sub and your figures are simply outstanding!
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:34 am

PLASTICFANATIC wrote:I had a collector who ask me if it was possibble to modified/repaint the figures that came wih his 1/18 Die cast Mercedes G4...SUPERB model by the way!!...the figures are made in a very soft plastic but still can be worked on, I cut the arm of A.H., repositioned in the political salute and filled/molded with epoxie putty. The other two figures where just repainted/detailed. All paint was done in acrylics.

The actual color of A.H. prewar Mercedes G4 was a very pale Grey that in period newsreels look almost white, I was going to repaint it in that shade but I recomended that since the finish and paint of the factory die cast was superb, this small detail could be overlooked.

Nice G4. I personally have the 1/18 mercedes 770k.

"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

big_mike
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by big_mike » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Wow your detail work is amazing. I am one of the board members with no artistic skill so I am just dumbfounded. The repaints on the figures with the G4 are remarkable they really standout. And don't get me started on the U-Boat that thing is mind-blowing on another level. Welcome back. Looking forward to future posts.