...some more pics from Germany...

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
he219
Private First Class
Private First Class

...some more pics from Germany...

Post by he219 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:39 pm

thanks again for your commendation. Like I said, here are some more pics from a Me 262 B: i reshaped the pylons of the tanks, the wikinger-schiff, and reworked the antlers, and some other details. I didn't put on a new camo, but just weatherd the bird. My first 1/18 model was 'Jutta', the Langnase of Josef 'Pips' Priller, same procedure, I just weathered it. On both planes I brushed on the walking-lines on the wings with the help of some masks. And the third one is my favorite, the Heinkel He 219, it's still 'naked'...hope you enjoy....ImageImageImageImageImage

Rylau
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: ...some more pics from Germany...

Post by Rylau » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Real nice. Great weathering on the tanks. Where did the ground crew come from?? Keep it up.
Sgt. John Ray 12/8/67 Hill 172
99% of Americans try to avoid getting caught in traffic.
1% of Americans try to avoid getting caught in an ambush.
God Bless Our Troops.

Jnewboy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jnewboy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:38 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: You built a 1/18 He-219????

Tell me you sell a kit :D

he219
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by he219 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:42 am

to Rylau: the figures are from truescaleminiatures, they are mechanics for racing-cars (but who cares) and come painted.

to Jnewboy: I didnt build it, it doesnt come as a kit, I bought it in Czech Republic, its from HpH ... and I had to have this Heinkel in 1/18...

Chris

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:31 am

Fantastic job on the 262 and 190.

How much did the Owl cost ?

Is it something they made for you or do they sell them retail ?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:17 am

HpH is not cheap...

Heres a thread from awhile ago

http://www.momentscapture.com/aviation/ ... 38&start=0

According to that post the 1/18 Owl is 2,198.00 EUR = 3,144.63 USD

Is that what you paid He219?? :shock:

he219
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by he219 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 am

yes, thats the price, but just without the extras....so what...what do you expect from somebody who is insane about wwII-planes, especially the most beautiful one, the one, which has the most outstandign design, the 'venus of rostock', the He 219....as I told you....I had to have it...(thats a real serious matter, as my wife said... but: 10 pairs of designer-shoes are almost the same...)...compared to the price of 2008 with 3840 €, it was ...dont get me wrong...an occasion...

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:59 am

Hey, believe me I understand, I never have paid that much for a model but I understand about the He219 it is one of my all time favorites but it is tied for first place with the Do335. I would also love to get HpH's Me410. I would love to see more pics of your owl and other planes! incredible! Congratulations!

You may have noticed my friends Ho229 project in 1/18
He will be selling kits soon. Much cheaper than HpH

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi He219. Great Paint jobs! Could you briefly describe the techniques you used on the Me262? I really like your style of weathering :D
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Just checked out the HpH website - Wish I hadn't :D That is collecting on a very different level - Really for the "uber" wealthy in most cases...The detail is amazing, but I'll have to be content just looking at the pics.

he219
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by he219 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Hey, jnewboy, its amazing, I know extactly what you' re talking about, the Do 335 together with Prof. Tank's masterpiece, the Ta 152, is my next choice, but which Do 335 are we talking about? The single- or the 2- seater? Hph produces both of them (as my wife regrets...). But its still a hell of money...Can I ask you something - and dont get me wrong -why are most of the american modelers enthusiasitic about the Me 410 'Hornisse' (hornet)? The capabilities of that plane were poor, and the design ist boring, sorry, just my subjective opinion...I would be interested to get a new hinch about that...As an attachment, I send some more pics from the He..have fun...ImageImageImageImageImageImage

he219
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by he219 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Hallo Jay, thank you. There is no secret about it. I didnt use an airbrush to weather the Me, just the weathering set from Tamiya. I used black for the upperside and white for the black underside. Just dont overdo it - I put on the colors and removed it again with very fine steel whool, where necessary, and repeated the procedure. The camo which comes with the model is quite authentic with RLM 77 light grey as the basic color and RLM 75 / 81 greyviolet / brownviolet for the swirls, so no repainting of the surface is necessary..sorry for the 'advanced' english, I hope, you could follow...wish sucessful work....

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:42 pm

[quote="he219"]Hey, jnewboy, its amazing, I know extactly what you' re talking about, the Do 335 together with Prof. Tank's masterpiece, the Ta 152, is my next choice, but which Do 335 are we talking about? The single- or the 2- seater? Hph produces both of them (as my wife regrets...). But its still a hell of money...Can I ask you something - and dont get me wrong -why are most of the american modelers enthusiasitic about the Me 410 'Hornisse' (hornet)? The capabilities of that plane were poor, and the design ist boring, sorry, just my subjective opinion...I would be interested to get a new hinch about that...As an attachment, I send some more pics from the He..have fun...

I like both versions of the Do335, single seater looks more sleek and fast while the two seater looks more alien and bazaar with all the radar on it, its a hard choice.

The 410 is smooth, streamlined, most people dont know its problems it had..

I like the 410 with the huge cannon under the belly myself

The owl is amazing!! Im very jealous! :D :D :D

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Yea, The 410 is ver nice like the 110! Now where do we buy these? Do they have a website??? Danke.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:12 pm

flyboy_fx wrote:Yea, The 410 is ver nice like the 110! Now where do we buy these? Do they have a website??? Danke.
They have them for $59.95 at Wal-mart.com

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:41 am

Nice! 8) You know when I saw the first Me-262 photo, I almost had to rub my eyes as it looked like a finely detailed CGI picture. Same with the Dora. I mean that in a good way. Nice weathering, and of course cool He-219.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

he219
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by he219 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:50 am

Hello pickelhaube,
well, the procedure is as follows: they have a list about all their models in different scales, big scales up to 1/6 I think. Fully equiped cockpit, landing gear down, angled rudders and the camo is included in the base-price. Things like openable canopy, gun bay, cover of the motor, open cowl flaps costs extra money. If you want a model of a type, which they dont have on their list, you better win the lotto first. You can choose the exact plane which you want - so they want shemes and pictures from the choosen plane with all the specific tactical signs, numbers, and the individual camo-pattern, etc. It takes about 9 months to 1 year for manufacturing. To order and talk about all that, I drove to Czech Republic. I can tell you, when I was in their workshop and saw all the molding blanks, I felt like a little boy in the candy-store. They had an old exhibit sample of a Ju 87 G-2 Kanonenvogel in quite a bad shape, with a quite unauthentic camo, so I took it back home and do some rework on it. They have some more 1/18 exhibit samples, like a p-47 (the surface covered with aluminum foil!), a F-14, different Me 109, Fw 190D, Fieseler Storch, a Zero etc., which they sell, but normaly, they just build the models after ordering...

he219
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by he219 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 am

Hello flyboy, have a look on www.hph.cz, you can download a file with some of their models. The distributor in USA is www.eaglebrandproducts.com, go on 'temporary link to more model pictures', or www.stateofartmodels.co.uk, but you better buckle up first....

snake

Post by snake » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Great job on the 262, and 190, He219. 8)

But $3,200 for the 1/18 He 219. :shock:

That is only for a very select clientele. Must be nice to be able to afford that! Not being critical, just jealous. :lol:

Wonderful stuff, but I will have to be happy with my $20 IXO He 219 for now.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Jnewboy wrote:Hey, believe me I understand, I never have paid that much for a model but I understand about the He219 it is one of my all time favorites but it is tied for first place with the Do335. I would also love to get HpH's Me410. I would love to see more pics of your owl and other planes! incredible! Congratulations!

You may have noticed my friends Ho229 project in 1/18
He will be selling kits soon. Much cheaper than HpH

Makes me feel better about trying to save for one! Big thanks to Matthew for keepin costs low!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

plasticboy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by plasticboy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Wow...... 1/18 He-219! Not a cheap kit really but it looks fantastic!
Have fun with toys forever!
http://weylent.blogspot.com/

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:44 am

plasticboy wrote:Wow...... 1/18 He-219! Not a cheap kit really but it looks fantastic!

i think 21st did have plan for one but they went under....
whats up doc....