RAMBO by vince_chua

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
vince_chua
Corporal
Corporal

RAMBO by vince_chua

Post by vince_chua » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi everyone, not sure whether I should post here but just want to show u what I've been busy with lately. I had a spare Resolute SS body and TRU exclusive Spirit lying around, I can't help but think, hey maybe I can do another Rambo. So I went about doing research on him and finally I decided to custom based on the sideshow version which should be movie accurate. I recently found a material called the cloth tape, to do a few rifle slings. So I thought to myself I should be able to make an 'accurate' quiver (not sure if that's the term) and the knife sheath. The 'flying' part of the head band is also made from this. A lot of trial & error was involved and I finally made them. Then I realized the arrow from Spirit was a little to long and I only had 1 arrow. So without any choice, I decided to look around for one but couldn't find anything suitable. I then crack my head and think of how I'm going to do it. I used paper clips and the clear plastic that comes with the joe packaging and the tip, I used the tip of some mortar bombs from my BBI mortar guy. Then I shaved the tip to be pointed. The silver arrow tip, I used 1 bullet tip cut off from the ammo belt and also the clear plastic mentioned earlier.

The only major problem I faced making this custom is the paint rub at the joints. :(

Anyway thanks for looking and look forward to your comments.
BTW I'm an amateur in customizing. This is only my 3rd 'full-scaled' custom ( not including simple parts swap)

If you are interested in the recipe, here it is:
Head: POC TRU Spirit
Necklace: String and Blue Tack painted
Torso: Resolute Storm Shadow
Upper Arms: Resolute Storm Shadow
Lower Arms: Flint in Cobra Disguise
Hands: ROC Breaker
Legs: ROC Breaker
Quiver & Arrows: Self Custom
Bow: POC TRU Spirit with string glued on
Belt: ROC Breaker (I think)
Knife: Marauder "Gun-Runners" (thank you Marauder!)
Knife Sheath: Self Custom
M-60E3: Marauder (I cut of the handle to match the sideshow version)
Ammo Belt: 25th Roadblock
AK-47: Marauder

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: RAMBO by vince_chua

Post by maritime96 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:57 am

WOW .. looks great. Nice work. :D
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Freaking sweet!
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Stug45 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Awesome figure 8) 8) 8)
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.