UH-60Q Blackhawk

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
MUDHEN336
Sergeant
Sergeant

UH-60Q Blackhawk

Post by MUDHEN336 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:21 pm

Trying to make a medivac blackhawk. Anyone ever removed the cabin seating from one of these? Any tips? Also anyone have any idea where i can get the red cross decals short of making them myself? Thanks.
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

--John Wayne

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: UH-60Q Blackhawk

Post by granch » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Hello,
I'm not sure that there is any UH-60Q. There is a MH-60Q, that shows many differences, with a sort of flat nose radar, no bay windows on the side. Stretchers are along the left side, and there is one seat in the middle, facing backwards, and 2 other seats on the rigt side. Your picture shows a UH-60 Medevac. I've made some research with googgle, could post some picks if you're interested.
To remove the middle, 2x3 seats row, you have 2 possibilities:
- Sawing the base of the seats. To avoid damages to the fuselage/cargo doors, you can lift the floor a little bit with screedrivers introduced in the slot between floor and fuselage. It was my 2nd plan.
- I won with a more simple method: lift the seats row from 1 side with (again) a screwdriver introduced at the base of the front or rear seats, very slowly so not taking the risk of breaking the floor, that is thinner. Maintain it down during the operation. The all seats row came out, the front seats first.

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Granch is correct. You should be able to just use a screw driver (Flat tip) to pry on each side alternately till it pops out. You'll have to fill the holes with putty sand and paint. Also, the rear most row comes out basically the same way. I actually popped the rear row out and turned it around backwards which gives you a rear cabin wall with no seating - opens up plenty of space for my pavehawk with gurney/stretcher.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:55 pm

Here is what I found with Google:
UH-60 (A?) Medevac:

MH-60Q: Nose radar and FLIR, no bay windows, and a lot of equipments inside.

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Sorry, you were right:
- UH60-Q (DUSTOFF, MEDEVAC)
- Improved, extensively modified version HH60-L (picture below)