FOV Bravo team joints

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
rocky100370
Corporal
Corporal

FOV Bravo team joints

Post by rocky100370 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:35 pm

Does anyone know how to resolve the upper arm joint problems and make them tighter?
Any help would be appreciated!

flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: FOV Bravo team joints

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:33 pm

rocky100370 wrote:Does anyone know how to resolve the upper arm joint problems and make them tighter?
Any help would be appreciated!
Supper glue! :twisted: :D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: FOV Bravo team joints

Post by CENT-ONE » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:14 pm

flyboy_fx wrote:Supper glue! :twisted: :D
it's what's for dinner?

actually super glue can work but you have to be sure to keep moving the joint until it fully cures so it just builds up around the surfaces and doesn't stick.
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Soory for useing your post its also about FOV figures are they easy to take apart? how? my big Q is the waist ie to put other tops with diff pants?
any help please, I want to make some force 141 figures from the game Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2(Ghost, Soap, Capt. Price) and the only figures I think would be the best is the FOV Seals and Modern.

Thanks for your time.
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:10 pm

I don't have any of the modern figures but assuming they're the same as the WWII stuff then the boil and pop trick should work fine.
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Try stick a small piece of masking or scotch tape in the joint. Kind of like a tiny spit wad. Or is possible a folded piece like a tiny book sticky side out.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:12 pm

the waists wont break if I put the figures in boiling water I should be good to go?
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:28 am

For any joint that has a pin that pops into a hole try using teflon tape. For anyone that's not familiar with it, it's used by plumbers to seal the threads on pipe joints so that they don't leak. It's not really an adhesive tape. It's more like a thin stretchy strip of rubbery plastic. Just wrap a little tape around the pin and pop it in. If it isn't tight enough just pull it out and wrap a little more tape around the pin. I use it all the time on 1:6 figures when I want to use hands from one make of figure body on a different make of figure where the wrist hole is too big. It works great for that purpose so it should work with 1:18 figures as well. It's very inexpensive (less than $2 a roll) and you can find it in any hardware or home improvement store in the plumbing section. Wal Mart probably sells it as well.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm

I've used several of the methods discussed here on my BBI, 21c, and FOV figures, all of which use a similar method of construction with the peg-and-socket type joints. The tape idea works well, but actually I prefer the glue method. When doing that, I first pull out the joint (using the boil & pop method if necessary) to expose the peg, dab a little Crazy Glue gel around the peg, let the glue dry, and then re-insert it. The dried glue widens the peg and produces friction within the socket, making the joint tighter.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

YT

Post by YT » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:29 pm

kduck wrote:For any joint that has a pin that pops into a hole try using teflon tape.
That is a great simple idea, thanks.