flying 1/18th blackhawk

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
bigsarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

flying 1/18th blackhawk

Post by bigsarge » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:15 pm

I want to know how to make my blackhawk fly using the electric motor I have seen on here.Any instructions or advice would be appreciated.
positive trade and sale references:
DerVogelfänger,USCGSARdog,KAMIKAZE,parrish333,KWR190,Hworth18,caesarbc,Black Lion VF-213

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: flying 1/18th blackhawk

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:42 pm

bigsarge wrote:I want to know how to make my blackhawk fly using the electric motor I have seen on here.Any instructions or advice would be appreciated.
Not to break your bubble buy R/C helos are one of the hardest things to learn how to fly.
3 times harder than regular R/C aircraft.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:08 pm

Like PH said, RC helos are tough. It is best to learn on a Non-custom helo. The weight/size of these BBI monsters makes this an expensive proposition. You're looking at $2500 minimum to put all the pieces together assuming you have experience building RC helos. You would want really good electronics on a custom like this and a great (read expensive) transmitter with the new 2.4 GHz range and heading hold/Lock gyro to help you control it.
If you really want to go down this path checkout the links below.
http://www.runryder.net/helicopter/gallery/31405/
http://runryder.com/helicopter/t181279p3/
follow NYTURTLE's posts on runryder and you'll get a lot of detail on his builds. You can also just Google Scalemaster Pavehawk or blackhawk and see some other links. He actually put one of these up on Ebay a while back. He urged for Experienced RC helo pilots only and it was very expensive.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: flying 1/18th blackhawk

Post by USCGSARdog » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:26 pm

pickelhaube wrote:Not to break your bubble buy R/C helos are one of the hardest things to learn how to fly.
3 times harder than regular R/C aircraft.
Thats an understatement! I am messing with a coaxial trainer right now, while not too bad, can be rather frustrating at times.

Check out this link, http://runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/31405/. This dude builds some beautiful R/C helos using bbi and 21C models. nice stuff.

-Rob

"You have to go out, but you don't have to come back".

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Damn, I need to learn to type faster. :|

-Rob

"You have to go out, but you don't have to come back".

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Two old sayings come to mind. Helicopters don't fly, they beat gravity into submission and helicopters are 10,000 misc. parts flying in loose formation.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:07 pm

An old RC helo modeller saying, " It's not if you will crash - it's when you will crash."
After putting in a couple grand in money and lots of time and effort tweeking - it will really suck when it does crash.
These things aren't toys obviously - you could kill someone pretty easily if it "got away from you."
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"