1/18 scale F-82 twin Mustang . What a project !

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

1/18 scale F-82 twin Mustang . What a project !

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:46 pm

I just made a fantastic deal with Grilled Cheese. We live about 45 mins away from each other. So I went down to do some trading. With the price of gas it could have been cheaper to have the planes shipped. :shock:

Anyway I got a couple of P-51s from him and a lot of other planes as well. One was the P-47 Jabo that I let slip away from me years ago. That is another story. So I pulled out some old 1/18 prints that I made of the twin Mustang years ago and decided to superimpose a Old Crow on them to see what is involved in a F-82 custom. This would be a lot of work . The pics tell the tell.

Here is one with our new kitty's help. Her name is Ninja.

This custom will not be for the light of heart. :shock:
Last edited by pickelhaube on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

kevrut

Post by kevrut » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:07 pm

I'd like to see that done. 8)

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Hee-hee. I guess I'm what people in the addiction-treating field would call an "enabler". :D

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:40 pm

I remember when I first saw one of these when I was a kid, in a book from the air museum in Dayton. It really catches your attention...

Another cool plane would be the 109Z? I believe that's the twin fuselage prototype. It's my favorite 109 to fly on IL-2. :D
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:14 am

AlloySkull wrote:I remember when I first saw one of these when I was a kid, in a book from the air museum in Dayton. It really catches your attention...

Another cool plane would be the 109Z? I believe that's the twin fuselage prototype. It's my favorite 109 to fly on IL-2. :D
Yeah, ME-109Z = Flying Cannon. When I'm bored I fly a mini mission where me and my ME-109Z take on a bunch of bombers. It's fun to watch them fold in half after a three second burst. :shock: