NEW ETO WINTER DIO CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

NEW ETO WINTER DIO CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by RED » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:31 pm

Hey yall!!! Alright---I would like start another dio contest because I have gotten some good feedback about the last dio contest!!! :P This contest would be a WINTER dio contest because ---well its winter!!! :wink: I would like to get alot of folks to enter this contest so if you would please post that you are going to enter and which scale you are going to do as well!!!! If I can I would like to get 10 or more folks to enter in each scale!!!! The contest will be a 8 picture storyline contest much like the summer/fall contest BUT THIS ONE WILL BE ETO!!!!So either the eastern or the western front ---It is up to you!!!!But yall need to post 8 pictures not 5 like last time!!!The RULES are THE DIO HAS TO BE IN A STORYLINE FORMAT , NO PHOTOSHOPPING, ALL CUSTOMS ARE ALLOWED, NEEDS TO BE HISTORICALLY ACCURATE , MUST POST 8 PICTURES, and YOUR DIO NEEDS TO HAVE SNOW IN IT( fake or real)!!!!!The contest is open for both 1:18 and 1:32--- I will judge 1st and 2nd place in each scale and the grand prize winner!!!! Now remember the prizes might not be that grand but I will try to do my best!!!! :wink: One thing I would like to see in yalls dios is some vehicles but it is not a must!!!!---REMEMBER--- Yall can tell your dio story with your 8 pictures or you can add a written story with your 8 pictures!!!!The contest due date is FEB.3rd,'08 at 8:00P.M. EST---so that gives yall about 8 weeks to make it happend!!!!Again if yall would like to do this just post if you are in and what scale!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Im in for 1/18 :twisted:

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:40 pm

Only problem is the snow :roll: There's a big storm coming into my area that my leave some in the high sierras, but its unlikly I'll get up there before its melted again. At least we've got eight weeks!

Should all else fail, however, I do have some old photos of my XD BoB figures, winterized Panther tank, US Halftrack, and Sherman tank that I took in the snow. I just might post them :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:28 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Only problem is the snow :roll: There's a big storm coming into my area that my leave some in the high sierras, but its unlikly I'll get up there before its melted again. At least we've got eight weeks!
Tman,
Can I ship you some of our snow? :mrgreen:

RED,
Count me in for 1/18.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:05 pm

Yeah, what is this "snow" crap? Why can't we do a North Africa winter scene? I guess I'll have to break out the dehydrated potato flakes and create some of that white stuff.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:36 am

Count me in for 1:32 scale, 8 pictures well I guess that not to bad. :D
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:07 pm

Morian Miner wrote:Yeah, what is this "snow" crap? Why can't we do a North Africa winter scene? I guess I'll have to break out the dehydrated potato flakes and create some of that white stuff.
Look ---The SNOW CRAP as you put it is a rule---I posted that yall can use FAKE snow too!!! It only snows about 1 day per 10 years here in GA.!!! But I can overcome this with FAKE SNOW!!! THINK!!!If you want to use potato flakes,frosted flakes, or your own flakes---I dont care as long as it looks like snow!!!!As why cant yall do a NORTH AFRICA winter dio---Because it is the E.T.O.WINTER DIORAMA CONTEST!!!! If it was just a winter contest I would enter a MARINES on GUADALCANAL DIO---They were there in the winter of '42!!!! Not really winter outside when its over 100 degrees---do you get my point???? As for most the folks who PMed me---Im doing this contest for fun---if its so much of a problem of why cant we do this,that and 8 pictures is to much-----DONT ENTER THE CONTEST!!!!! Again Im just doing this for fun and Im the one comeing up with the prizes---which might not be so grand!!!I hope things will go a little better than they are because this is something I would like to due more of in the future!!!! But if not---the contest is over!!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:57 pm

Hey I'm all for it. I was thinking about doing one anyway for christmastime decoration :lol:
and I think if Tman has 8 pics of his winter dio he should be able to enter. I think I've seen others post some winter dios in the past if they have pics maybe they could too

I'm In 1:18 8)
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:53 pm

RED wrote:
Morian Miner wrote:Yeah, what is this "snow" crap? Why can't we do a North Africa winter scene? I guess I'll have to break out the dehydrated potato flakes and create some of that white stuff.
Look ---The SNOW CRAP as you put it is a rule---I posted that yall can use FAKE snow too!!! It only snows about 1 day per 10 years here in GA.!!! But I can overcome this with FAKE SNOW!!! THINK!!!If you want to use potato flakes,frosted flakes, or your own flakes---I dont care as long as it looks like snow!!!!As why cant yall do a NORTH AFRICA winter dio---Because it is the E.T.O.WINTER DIORAMA CONTEST!!!! If it was just a winter contest I would enter a MARINES on GUADALCANAL DIO---They were there in the winter of '42!!!! Not really winter outside when its over 100 degrees---do you get my point???? As for most the folks who PMed me---Im doing this contest for fun---if its so much of a problem of why cant we do this,that and 8 pictures is to much-----DONT ENTER THE CONTEST!!!!! Again Im just doing this for fun and Im the one comeing up with the prizes---which might not be so grand!!!I hope things will go a little better than they are because this is something I would like to due more of in the future!!!! But if not---the contest is over!!!!---RED---
Easy, RED, easy. Have some decaff.....

I was just joking. I have no problem with fake snow. Like you said - he who does the contest makes the rules.

My only real question is the due date you want to know if we are entering by. Maybe I missed it. I see Feb 3 as entry date, but when do you want to know? I just don't want to say I'm entering, then end up missing the deadline (like several recent contests).
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:08 pm

.....and so what is this prize you mention RED :mrgreen: ?
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:36 pm

Hey yall!!! I would like to get around 10 or more members to enter the contest in both scales by DEC.28th,'07!!!If not I will mix the 2 scales for just 1 contest winner!!! But as long as I can get 10 or more by DEC.28th,'07 all is good!!! But after the 28th I will still let folks enter the contest---I just want to get 10 or more folks in both 1:18 and in 1:32 by the 28th to see if the contest needs to go forward!!! So far I have 3 for 1:18 and 1 for 1:32!!!As for the prize---Im still working on that!!!! And if you have some old winter dio pictures ---you can enter them in to if you like as long as you post 8 pictures and have a story to go along with it!!!! ---RED---

TOOL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TOOL » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:01 pm

I'm in for 1/18......as long as we don't need to have it in until late January. :lol:

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:38 am

I would agree to this also if the due date is later, after the holidays.
Esp. the Christmas season is busy for many of us and I had a couple problems with running out of time last contest. Fake snow isn't a problem, I've seen some cool stuff to use as snow out there, but mess is something else. It can be over come of course, but with trying to finish shopping for gifts, folks in and out of town really makes it rough before New Years. Also, for my dio, I need a bigger space for a BOB type scene ;) which means tearin' up part of the back area(which is not hard, but takes time). I would have to seriously think if I had time for this one, being I ran out of time on the last contest :roll: I want to, but do I really have the time to do it. Heck I still have a bunch of guys sitting on the TV table being worked on and still another half dozen to yet take out of the boxs on the floor next to the table :shock: Had to go gift shopping last night and didn't get back 'til 10 PM, then up at 3:30AM. Now I'm going back to sleep for a couple 2-3 hours, then get ready to get to work. I love the idea, but wish there was more time. Da General

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:53 am

General Blasto wrote:I would agree to this also if the due date is later, after the holidays.
Esp. the Christmas season is busy for many of us and I had a couple problems with running out of time last contest. Fake snow isn't a problem, I've seen some cool stuff to use as snow out there, but mess is something else. It can be over come of course, but with trying to finish shopping for gifts, folks in and out of town really makes it rough before New Years. Also, for my dio, I need a bigger space for a BOB type scene ;) which means tearin' up part of the back area(which is not hard, but takes time).
Blasto,
Sorry, German POW camps with fake snow are not allowed in the contest... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I hope you find time to participate... You might want to invest in a wide angle lense in order to ALL of your troops in the shot!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:08 am

Awake again, I wonder what a full night's sleep is :lol:

Mark, I was not going to use the camp, just making a battlefield in the backyard was my idea. I do have winter Tigers, panthers and shermans I could use along with halftracks and a BOB jeep. I'd have to go out and buy some of that "Fluff" stuff to make snow and grab some of the remaining winter trees I have. Dirt works too as not everything was fluffy white snow ;) Herr General

1958Zelda
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by 1958Zelda » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:23 am

Red,count me in for 1/18 & 1/32,sounds like fun!.

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:42 pm

Have you put a time table on this yet? I would like to be in but it depends on the time of when the due date is.

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: NEW ETO WINTER DIO CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mediump » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:48 pm

RED wrote:... The contest due date is FEB.3rd,'08 at 8:00P.M. EST---so that gives yall about 8 weeks to make it happend!!!!Again if yall would like to do this just post if you are in and what scale!!!---RED---
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:20 pm

Hey yall!!! Alright--- so far the Grand Prize will be a real ( East or West--- dont know which one it is)German helmet!!! It is not a real WW2 German helmet but the one that looks like the ones used in the war!!! It is from---West Germany I think!!! I had gotten it years ago a had painted it a winter camo (white) and scuffed it up a bit to make it look used!!! It is pretty much a display item unless you want to use it to reenact the B.O.T.B.!!!! :wink: If yall will give me till to tonight I will post a picture of it!!!! So far I have 6 who want to enter 1:18 and 1 for 1:32!!! Remember the deadline to enter is DEC.28th,'07!!! ---RED---

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:27 pm

Hey yall!!! heres a pic of the grand prize!!! Still working on some other prizes!!!I still need some more folks to comment by the DEC.28th if this thing is a go!!!---RED--- Image
---[/img]Image

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:07 pm

OHH MAAANN IM INNNN
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:15 pm

Im in for 1:18

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:20 pm

RED wrote: or your own flakes---I dont care as long as it looks like snow!!!!
Um.. ewww... :oops: ;)

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:09 pm

hmmm.... I wanna do this but I don't know if I'll have time. I'll get back to you Red.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:38 am

Same here, put me in the "maybe" pile.
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"