Installing Bolts into the Hornet's Nosewheel

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Installing Bolts into the Hornet's Nosewheel

Post by MiG29K » Mon May 15, 2006 9:08 pm

The Wheel Hubs are pretty much devoid of any detail. Could be a set of wheels from a Radio Flyer for all I know. So, today boys and girls, we are going to install lug nuts into the center hubs. The wheels on the actual plane from the offset appear to have an 'off' looking bolt pattern. Upon closer inspection its a 3 up 3 down, 2 left 2 right bolt pattern. I also tweeked a few things to the gear and it still manages to fit in the wheel well. Here goes:

Holes are bored with a #11 Xacto.

First Lug installed w/ super glue...

Weathered slightly...

Starboard Sides...

??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by INTREPER » Tue May 16, 2006 1:03 pm

Genious! Absolute genious!

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed May 17, 2006 3:07 am

:shock: great as usual a few more mods and you can reach the HPH models level ( see the "let's dream a little " subjetct on the main forum !)

your F 18 must be a beauty ... particulary sinc i saw all the photo !!!!!!!

well done !

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Wed May 17, 2006 3:16 pm

You just keep adding more and more very very impressive! cant wait to see what you do next! :)

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Thu May 18, 2006 12:27 am

HOT DAMN---Looking good son!!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by MiG29K » Thu May 18, 2006 8:59 am

Thanks all of you! I'm currently stuck on the building of the internal canopy rails and cameras inside. Folkwulfe is working on his and the initial pictures so far are looking damn good. I had the starboard rail completed yesterday with the drilled out holes in the frame. I discarded it after all the work because it wasn't coming out as I wanted it to. I'm working on a different version, and when it materializes, I'll put it up. One side project in the works is a 1/18 scale M61 cannon. It's still on the drawing board... and in the 'research' stage. I may also start focusing on much smaller more manageable projects like figures and accessories... With the hot weather around here, I'm probably gonna hang out at the beach more often so things may be slow to progress HA!!!! Take care y'all!!!

R!

INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by INTREPER » Thu May 18, 2006 11:24 pm

Hey Mig, how about I send you some of my aircraft and if you get bored you can throw something on them here and there?!?! YOu don't need the beach, you'll just burn :lol:

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Rain...and bizarre weather patterns

Post by MiG29K » Fri May 19, 2006 10:25 am

INTERPER...

We had THREE...almost FOUR straight weeks of nothing but Sun out here in our deprived state of Washington... Did you summon the 'Bad Weather Gods' over here? Its crappy and overcast here. Now I have no reason to venture out! and then I'll have no excuse not to work on your plane. They must be on your side! HA HA!!! Lucky for me I don't get sunburnt...last time that Happened was boardin' off Isle Of Palms in South Carolina. It wasn't so much a burn as small gradual peeling. The Perks of being an Islander dude! Well, what Toy conventions in SoCal are comin up? I definitely need to check out one of those...if not all of them. If I'm in the hood, I think I might be able to put in some 'wrench time' on your bird!! Speaking of upgraded parts... I still have part of the prototype of the retractable boarding ladder, the left side of it with half the hinges installed. I should probably finish it and either trade or sell it off... haha! Right now, its in box full of parts.

R

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Fri May 19, 2006 12:22 pm

I don`t know my PC buggers up on me for the week & I finally get it sorted to come back to you GIOING MADDER than usual :D

Outstanding detailing Rob You Sir are truely a perfectionist of the HIGHEST Order :D

It does mean though YOU WILL have to do the same acriss the WHOLE aircraft too ;)

Ja
Steel Bonnet

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

M.I.A.

Post by MiG29K » Fri May 19, 2006 1:13 pm

Damn Bonnet...we were looking for your infrared homing beacon. We thought you got lost on some operation that the Crown sent you on! We almost had to resort to a combined NATO/PFP SAR mission to find you. SH-60 teams along with elements from Germany's KSK, Norwegian Jaegerkommandos, Polish GROM, Spain's U.O.E, U.K. SBS, Marine Force Recon, and Russian Naval Spetsnaz from the PFP were rehearsing around the clock. Good to know you're in one piece!!! Well, my dilemma is if I EVER get the crazy Idea of buying another Hornet...I'll never see the light of day! I should find me someone to get me a sample of JP-4 jet fuel...maybe 10 ounces of it, so I can put it in a some sort of bottle and spray "EAU DE FIGHTEUR PLANE" along the Engine Nozzles! hahah!!! That would take care of the Olfactory aspect of realism. But yeah, crazily I'm running into slight challenges on the canopy rail (I should have considered that when I had the canopy removed) Thanks again for diagnosing my insanity!!! haha!! I have a pizza burnin' in the oven - catch up with you shortly.

R

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Fri May 19, 2006 1:48 pm

Awwww that makes me feel like I was missed Rob :D

Those Great guys from the SpecOps world would have found me bashing/kicking/biting the puter so Glad they didn`t come looking for me :D HAHAHA

As for the plane though Mmmmmm WOULD You get a 2nd F/A-18?? I know you`ve talked about it mate though would you really want to have to go through all those Mods again????

As for "EAU DE FIGHTEUR PLANE" I like that & yea it would be the Crowning Glory :D

Hope the pizza is/was good Rob :D

Speak soon mate :D Rob aka The only Lunatic wanting to be in the Asylum :D HAHAHAHA

Ja
Steel Bonnet

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:59 am

love that look 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:04 pm

How do you have so much patience. It is great.