GBU-12 - When it absolutely positively needs to be destroyed

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

GBU-12 - When it absolutely positively needs to be destroyed

Post by MiG29K » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:41 am

I've armed the Hornet with a bigger stick to compliment the mere MK82s on the port and starboard pylons. So whether you live in a very bad side of town - are involved in a "Turf" war...or have idiotically annoying neighbors or just feel like ruining some Shmuck's day...When it absolutely positively needs to be taken out overnight, rely on the GBU-12 family of weapons...accept no substitute! I finished the GBU-12 Paveway IIs yesterday and ironically the rear fins were the most difficult part of the construction. The only thing I need to add to them are the deployable fins The main fin is obviously complete, I just need to insert the fins into the channel and install the axle... here are excerpts of the pics I took (click the center mouse button/wheel to maneuver the any pics left or right or use the scroll bars to better see it in it's entirety)...the full 2 page set can be found here:

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/H ... s/?start=0

bbi bluebox toys 1:18 scale F/A-18C GBU-12 Laser Guided Bomb (Paveway) Project
Last edited by MiG29K on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Gunner » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:00 am

VERY nice!

I've got a set of paper model diagrams for various AAM's and bombs (including the GBU-12), but I haven't had the free time to work out all the dimensions.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:47 am

Awwww WOW Mig there beautifull. You`ve done a superb job with these though would it be anything other than superb,I think Not :D

Outstanding mate,truely :D

So could you knock me up 8 Hellfires,2 Mavaricks & a Partridge in a pear tree :D Pleeeeease :D

ja
Steel Bonnet

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Scale and Material Content Update

Post by MiG29K » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:28 pm

Gunner: -Thanks! On the scale thing... that one is kind of tricky, I had to refer to 2 or 3 different books and I scaled everything in relation to the sidewinder missile. I also referred to that famous British publication: JANES DEFENSE books... those are the ginormous books 2X the size of a dictionary- you dont want to drop those on your foot. -

and JA... thanks! - would those be for your blood thirsty AH-64? or ar you about to start a new military offensive? hehe

And here is a material content update: Styrene sheets... get 1 set of 1mm and one sheet of ".12" - And one bag of Strip Styrene: .015 x .188"
(0.4 x 4.8mm) the brand I have is Evergreen. Also to note, save all the scrap pieces from the cones that are cut up because there is enough material to build Two Harpoon Anti-Ship Missiles. (I thought I was going to stop!) Importantly, the very tip of the LGB is made from a 2mm piece cut at the tip of the rocket cone - the good thing about all this is that NO pieces are wasted.

You can leave that TAI BO s@%t at home... this is how we work it

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

w

Post by eddie372 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:35 am

Wow!!! The master modeler strikes again! What a great job man.
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:13 am

I would indeed be upgunning my Apache :D If I did get another 8 Hellfires HEHEHE

Got to say though mate,Not only have you blown me away with your attention to detail on the F/A 18 though to see the converted SEAL team members as Ground Crew...Awww man Superb :D You have to show us more figures as well as your aircraft workings :D

OUTSTANDING mate :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

I had a dream about building Harpoon Missiles...

Post by MiG29K » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:09 pm

this is getting wierd...I had a dream that I was figuring out the best way to build the midpoint wings on the Harpoons. I work up this morning and it was like... :idea: (KSSZZZZHHHHHHHIIIISZZHHHTT) DINNG!!! one helluva epiphany. Eddie...I'll have to give the Florida area a call and trade anecdotes about accidental X-acto cuts to the fingers...and whatnot!

Ja -- I think the first figure I customized was an old GI Joe (80's i believe) figure and made it into a combat diver (SEAL) and then I took my old school airsoft glock 19 and shot it to pieces!!! I customized 1/6th scale figures (got too many of em) and I did customized some star wars figures because I didnt like how some of them were stock: 1st gen Stormtroopers, R5D4, Rebel Troopers etc. But I'll definitely show you any new ones that come out. I'm sure I'll be doing more military ones with the 1:18 craze in full speed!

R

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:13 pm

Simply amazing. I just don't know how you do it! 100% accuracy.....

:shock:

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:35 pm

MIG29K---Great work--your attention to detail is outstanding!!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:11 am

HAHAHAHA MIG Your NOT allowed to sleep now unless heavily under meds......HAHAHAHA I`d hate to think what you`d be like on sleep deprivation.......LOL I find that works for ideas & creativeness :D Though you mate I`d truely hate to think of doing that........HAHAHAHA

Picture a Padded WHITE room,MIG sat there rocking back & Forth with a F/A-18 sat on a table in front of him. Loud music pumped through the speakers so he cannot sleep.
Pen & paper for sketches though MIG just uses a scalpel & cuts his finger & uses his blood on the White walls HAHAHA

Scary image isn`t it alas it`s so true too isn`t it....LOL You have to be a Raving lunatic for what you do mate though I ADMIRE that a LOT :D

Ahhh so figure wise isn`t new to you,that`s great to hear,just blown away with your ground crew :D Though you do 1/6th Awww man I ain`t going there what you do at 1/18th is dazzling enough :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:48 pm

Mig..... I hate you and you're F-18 :lol:

I'm just kidding. Awesome work again. How do you do it all?
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton

Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:37 pm

MIG,

Love the work. Nice to see some love given to armaments. If you need dimensions for any other bombs your working on, try globalsecurity.org. Their specs are usually right on.