1:18 Patrol Boat in Progress

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

1:18 Patrol Boat in Progress

Post by granch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:03 am

Not so often something new can be seen on this side of the forum. Hoping a lot of people have some work on the bench... About 20 years ago, I started to built a steamer. The hull "almost finished", and part of the cabin (diner room, kitchen, closets...), all 1:22 scale, without any kit. I gave up because the steam machine I bought was to weak and to heavy for the boat. I wanted to make place in my man's cave and found again the hull. Since I started, I discovered the 1:18 world, and did'nt throw the hull in fire, but decided to make a patrol boat that could fit with my small 1:18 soldiers. Well, it's a long way to finish something. I'm just proud that almost 95 % is salvage material, including an old RC kit that still works. But again the problem of the weight: if I load the boat with 6 BBI figures, I've to cancel a 3rd channel and servo to engage the nav and search lights... OK, here is where I am now:
Together with the PTE patrol boat, it seems nicely bigger.
Details of the cabin:
I went into a bad mounting procedure that force me to completely finish the cabin and it's electrical installation befor ending the hull.
And the hull inside (still a lot of work before the boat will float and move).
Thank you for looking and commenting.

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1:18 Patrol Boat in Progress

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:13 am

That is one fine looking craft!
Show us more when you get farther.
Do continue with on this project.
What kind of patrol boat are you making?
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:28 am

No specific patrol boat. I've seen a lot of pics on google, and went for something "basic - average", but the hull is more looking like 1930-1950, and more a coastal boat or a harbour/navy yard patrol boat.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:32 pm

granch wrote:No specific patrol boat. I've seen a lot of pics on google, and went for something "basic - average", but the hull is more looking like 1930-1950, and more a coastal boat or a harbour/navy yard patrol boat.
Yes it does. :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller