cobra custom

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
bigsarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

cobra custom

Post by bigsarge » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:49 pm

anyone ever considered making a AH-1 cobra out of the 21st super cobra?...nothing against it but just thought it would be cool to have an Army Cobra...
positive trade and sale references:
DerVogelfänger,USCGSARdog,KAMIKAZE,parrish333,KWR190,Hworth18,caesarbc,Black Lion VF-213

Jnewboy
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: cobra custom

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:43 pm

I got excited, thought you were talking GI-Joe!! :lol:

bigsarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bigsarge » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:48 pm

sorry about that...i actually owned the gijoe cobra with wild bill when i was younger...loved it
positive trade and sale references:
DerVogelfänger,USCGSARdog,KAMIKAZE,parrish333,KWR190,Hworth18,caesarbc,Black Lion VF-213

YT

Post by YT » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:34 pm

I would love to see someone make one!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:32 am

I recall Pickelhaube talking about making a kit for one a few years ago. It would have been something like his P-36 kit that would have grafted onto parts of the 21c AH-1W tooling. I don't think it ever got past the talk stage, especially as the 21c Cobras are not exactly plentiful and it would have required a lot of work, chopping, and significant retooling to turn the AH-1Z into the correct version used by the Army.

Back in the day, however, when Cobras were cheap and plentiful, I do remember an ebay auction for a 21c Cobra that was repainted in a solid OD green and sold as a custom "GI Joe Dragonfly" helicopter. It looked pretty cool.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:00 am

tmanthegreat wrote:I recall Pickelhaube talking about making a kit for one a few years ago. It would have been something like his P-36 kit that would have grafted onto parts of the 21c AH-1W tooling. I don't think it ever got past the talk stage, especially as the 21c Cobras are not exactly plentiful and it would have required a lot of work, chopping, and significant retooling to turn the AH-1Z into the correct version used by the Army.

Back in the day, however, when Cobras were cheap and plentiful, I do remember an ebay auction for a 21c Cobra that was repainted in a solid OD green and sold as a custom "GI Joe Dragonfly" helicopter. It looked pretty cool.

I will make the ' Nam version before I die. :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller