Members

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Members

Post by ram04 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:20 pm

I have been watching some of the posts lately, and it seems that we have been a little harsh on some of the new members, we need to realize that the reason we all are here is because we all love military items, no matter what war.

I realize that some of us are purists, but not all of us are that strict, myself, you could fool me on most projects, yet I still look at them and I'm amazed at the time and skill it took to make these.

Lets not lose a new member just because everything he does is'nt so called " historically correct ".

Jim

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Is nobody going to reply? did not anyone enjoy his work?

flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Oy Vey... Of course we did! :D I have seen his talent and told him about here!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

snake

Post by snake » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Glad that somebebody has brought this up.

I was not going to get involved on the thread.

I think the overwhelming response to PlasticFanatic was extremely positive.I thoroughly enjoyed his posts,and his work.

From what I can tell,it seems like it was a couple of mean spirited posts from a "member" here,that has had trouble in the past.

PlasticFanatic never claimed that these were "historically accurate",down to the last rivet.In fact he stated right at the start that the models were less than perfect when he started his customs.

I actually pm'ed him a couple of hours ago,in regards to this.He responded,and was very polite,and reasonable.

Unfortunately,it appears that he has had enough,and won't be posting anymore.
I sincerely hope that he changes his mind,and comes back,but I doubt it.

I basically totally agree with him,up to the point of quitting the forum.

I would think that the overwhelming majority of members here would like to see him stay,but this decision is his to make.

A real shame to lose an extremely talented new member,due to a ridiculous arguement over a plastic model.
The trouble is it got "personal' very quickly.

I for one,am extremely disappointed that this turned out the way it did.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:30 pm

:cry:
--Samuel Beckett

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Thank you Snake, you have put it in to words that we all express, there are a few on this site that are granted with the gift we would all love to have, I, for one would not like to lose a member just because someone nit picked their work.

Lets realize that we all are'nt perfect and enjoy what each member brings to the board.

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Well, here is your chance to reply about this subject? Did this member attack you? Did this member not honestly show his work and at the same time said that it was just a hobby, he in fact said it was'nt historically correct.

Come on guys, this is a hobby, its a lot of fun. When someone comes along and shows us how to make it better, why should we be defensive?

normandy

Post by normandy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Just saw this Ram, I was posting in Flyboy's WOW!!!!!!1:18th Panzer 4 . Plasticfantastic is a very talented modeler and sculptor and would be a wealth of information for those members who want to do custom work but might need help or have questions.
I truly hope He stays with the forum.

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Thank you for replying, lets all make sure that no matter what, we all have something to offer, I for one have been fortune enough that members have passed their collections to me.

And when I decide to pass mine on I will do it here, it just bothers me that someone comes here to show us his work and is very free on how he did it, that someone doubts his work.

I am just embarressed that this has even happened.

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Seems I'm late to the party, and must have missed something (I never saw anyone complaining about Plastic's work), but I'm sorry to see Plastic go. I thought his work looked great.

I know I'm in a minority here, as I prefer the modern era, but I also care not a whit for historical accuracy. These are MY tanks and MY soldiers, and I'll do with them as I see fit. I can only imagine the outrage some would express over a tank with a "Gas, Grass, or Ass... Nobody rides for free!" sticker on the back, but I like it, and that's enought for me.

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gliderdwm » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:06 pm

I for one am completely into historical correctness but do not condone anyone for degrading somebodys work except for jnewboy :roll: :twisted:
Seriously everybody has different preferences and no need to be negative to others about that.
Last edited by gliderdwm on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:12 pm

This hads happened in the past.

Hopefully it will not now. This is a touchy subject. Plastic has some great skills that is true .

IF HE STAYS HE WILL BE AN ASSET TO THIS FORUM. A welcomed asset.

I look forward to his next posts and projects.

Please GOD don't let a let an off color apple ruin the whole bushel.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

YT

Post by YT » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:04 pm

I agree, people need to put aside their rivet counting. The new member in question has been showing some truly amazing work and I appreciate his contributions thus far and in the future. I know with my Dragon Wagon, I set out to see if I could get a silk purse from a sow's ear. Total accuracy does not concern me.

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:00 pm

YT started with a project that I believe many thought was'nt that good, but look what he has done, people are going to stop putting their work on here if all they get are negative comments.

I thought this was a place you could show your work and not be ridiculed.

CrazyinTexas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by CrazyinTexas » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:09 am

I think it's ridiculous that the guy comes here to post some of the most amazing customs I have ever seen and gets run off by a couple of A-holes in less than 7 days. This always happens. Even when the guy from Merit posted saying he was here because he liked the hobby too, some A-holes where rude. Don't post if you can't be positive or respectful. PLASTIC FANTASTIC your work is AWESOME!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:09 am

i have no idea what PLASTIC is so upset about. Can someone point out the offending posts?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:14 am

ram04 wrote:YT started with a project that I believe many thought was'nt that good, but look what he has done, people are going to stop putting their work on here if all they get are negative comments.

I thought this was a place you could show your work and not be ridiculed.
I have been a member of this board since 2004. We have had our share of negative members over the years. For the most part, this is the most respectful and supportive group of folks anywhere. But I am ashamed that a select few or one gave this new comer such a poor and undeserved welcome. The guy has more talent in the tip of his pinky finger then most of will ever have!
When someone posts pics of something they have worked hard at making, even it you don't like it - BE POLITE!!!
The guy even made a statement that the diorama was NOT, repeat NOT all historical in nature. We have lost a vaulable assest to the board and our hobby. I for one was looking forward to his next set of pics of his next dio and learning how he made it and getting tips on making my own.
Geeze don't let this board become like all the others out there - cold, vendictive and mean spirited. Rise above the ninnys of the world and keep this place one where people feel free to post their work. Even when someone posts something that you don't like or feel it doesn't meet your personal standards, just keep it to yourself!
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:24 am

it is a good bunch here.....but there are always people who feel the need to lash out, insult etc. We've all run into our share of people on the internet who rub us the wrong way. You deal with it, usually by ignorig the goof who posted...you don't pick up your marbles and go home.

PLASTIC's work is great and he certainly got lots of accolades from the membership. If he also got a bit of critcism too and left because of that.......well, isn't that being a bit too sensitive? If that's his decision, then so be it.

But to demand everyone be a bunch of yes men and just say good things about everything is neither realistic nor reasonable. Criticism is part of life and we all have to accept it and handle it and not run and hide under the bed when it's directed our way.

Now, if someone can point me to offending posts that are directly insulting, racial etc, the offending member(s) will be dealt with. But i can't find anything negative at all so far.

If he left because someone criticized his kublewagen for being dark grey when his panther is tri-colour, well, come on now...

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:07 am

snake wrote:From what I can tell,it seems like it was a couple of mean spirited posts from a "member" here,that has had trouble in the past.
Very poor form by this member.

PF did a great job on his custom and I too, wish he's stay around :wink:

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:50 am

yeah.i really wish PLASTIC would stick around.his work was incredible and some of the best i had ever seen.
but he shouldn't quit just because some guys on the forum criticized him.
criticism should be a good thing as it helps you to improve your work, not that PLASTIC needed improvement.
okay, back on subject.PLASTIC shouldn't take these criticisms to heart.
just PM the moderator to take care of it and maybe PM the member who offended you some yo momma jokes.
and plastic, if your reading this, just know that there are many people on the board that still appreciate your work so just please stick around.

PLASTICFANATIC
Corporal
Corporal

Post by PLASTICFANATIC » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 pm

aferguson wrote:it is a good bunch here.....but there are always people who feel the need to lash out, insult etc. We've all run into our share of people on the internet who rub us the wrong way. You deal with it, usually by ignorig the goof who posted...you don't pick up your marbles and go home.

PLASTIC's work is great and he certainly got lots of accolades from the membership. If he also got a bit of critcism too and left because of that.......well, isn't that being a bit too sensitive? If that's his decision, then so be it.

But to demand everyone be a bunch of yes men and just say good things about everything is neither realistic nor reasonable. Criticism is part of life and we all have to accept it and handle it and not run and hide under the bed when it's directed our way.

Now, if someone can point me to offending posts that are directly insulting, racial etc, the offending member(s) will be dealt with. But i can't find anything negative at all so far.

If he left because someone criticized his kublewagen for being dark grey when his panther is tri-colour, well, come on now...
Last edited by PLASTICFANATIC on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:09 pm

:D

I feel sorry for (Forgetting.. Overlooking) TO post your description in the DAK panzer thread..I just loved the pics all so more! :D

ANd like I said who cares what one thinks... Like again.. HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR WORK! :shock: Your the only fella I know that detailed the inside of a FKING 1/18 panther!!! :shock: :D I love it!
--Samuel Beckett

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:39 pm

it doesn't clear up for me at all why you are leaving. And the drama of it all is getting to be a bit much.

So if you want to leave, ok.

If you want to stay, ok.

Can we move on now gang? This is becoming a bit bizarre.

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:31 pm

aferguson, I suspect this was the topic where the offending observations were made back in November. About halfway down the first page.

viewtopic.php?t=18965

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Nah...still not sure what all the fuss is about......I'm over it already....I'm getting beer, anyone want one?
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"