BotB dio!!! UPDATED PICTURES---3-2-09

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

BotB dio!!! UPDATED PICTURES---3-2-09

Post by RED » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Hey yall!!! Well it has been snowing here in GA and I had been planing to do a few dios this weekend---so with the snow I thought I would give my beloved Marines a much needed brake!!!So I went out and took a few pics of a little stick throwing between the Krauts and some 327 Glider troops of the 101st Airborne div.!!!I hope yall like this'n cause it was pretty darn cold outside !!! :P Image
Image[/img]Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by RED on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:58 pm

WOW GREAT. it is snowing here also i might go and do a ww2 Ukraine dio or battle of the bulge.
so what are you going to enter in the contest. if i dont have more than 3 or 4 entries i will postpone the date another month, right now it is april first
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Very nice!

The buildings look great. Did you make them yourself?

Nice Work.

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Glitch
Last edited by Fritzkrieg on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:29 pm

Glitch

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Sweet RED. and what a change from a coconut paradise island to a cold street filled with kruats
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

gramps
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gramps » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Fantastic shots! I love stuff like this!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Very nice.. Good to see your talents go beyond the pacific! :D

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Dude,

That is totaly cool.

It looks like real life snap shots .

:D :D :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:54 pm

I like it ! :D

phil

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:03 am

Awesome!! Really like the buildings!!!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:21 am

I could look at your work ALL day!!
Neat if you could put these pictures in a book!!

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:55 am

Another first class effort Red....great job.. 8) The only thing I might have suggested was some black & white shots.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:59 am

Hey yall!!! Thanks for the nice comments!!! The buildings yall like were easy to build!!! They are just the blue and pink fome board cut out into the shape of the building I wanted, taped all the sides together,covered with a thick coat of sheetrock mud,and then painted.Then I added some detail like the signs,broken glass,window grids,ect.!!!I had made these years ago back when 21stC 1st hit TRU--- I almost threw them out 2 weeks ago because I had not been useing them but thought maybe I could do something with them!!!I could not find everything I had with the buildings like the doors, rubble for each building,or street lights!!! This dio was kind of a rush job because it doesnt snow here in GA but maybe 1 or 2 times in every 10 years and its always gone the next day!!! So Im sorry for any flaws in my dio!!! As for taken my pics in black and white---I have always thought that most real pics of the war are b&w and how cool it would have been if the pics were in color!!! That way you really get to see all the colors and maybe a hint of what it truely would have looked like if you were there!!!And hey HOLENSOCK!!! I always print out my dio pics and put them into a photo book---that way I can look at all my dios any where or anytime I want to!!!I have no way to leave up all my dios so this is why I do this!!!I just set up a dio take about 50 pics,pack up everything and head home,download on to my pc,pick out the best ones,print them out ,and put them into my photo book!!! After I post them here to the forum 1st!!! :wink: If yall want I will post some more pics of the buildings and my photo book!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:22 am

Very well done Red 8)
While I was looking at the pictures, I thought on the 7th picture down that the US guy on the left had the Flame thrower and I was thinkin' that there'd be a little BBQin' to be done because you do it sooo well :twisted: THe buildings are nice and the graphics look real too !!! Hats off to Red guys, I think he's the Master of Dio :wink:

If I can ever get caught up with things and get thru this wedding in April, I'll be getting some quality time to put forth for my Dio. Kinda leanin' towards the German re-supply depot complete with trains :P

Da General

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:55 am

Hey yall!!! Thanks Blasto---I cant wait to see your dio!!!Here is a few more pics I did before it got dark yesterday!!! Not much but I was trying to do something quick before it got dark cause I knew the snow would be gone today!!! I hope yall like this'n too!!!---RED---Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 pm

looks great but the snow seams a little over scale, so maybe use like flour or something. you know what i mean, so if i where you i would keep doing coconut beach dios :wink: and not snow dios. you do great though, i love what you make.
do a ww2 town dio and enter in in the contest.
ps
my entry lights up and makes sound and it is all in my room :wink:
--Samuel Beckett

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:33 pm

[quote="flyboy_fx"]looks great but the snow seams a little over scale, so maybe use like flour or something. you know what i mean, so if i where you i would keep doing coconut beach dios :wink: and not snow dios. :? Dont worry!!! It wont snow here for another 10 years!!!---RED---

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:13 pm

RED wrote:
flyboy_fx wrote:looks great but the snow seams a little over scale, so maybe use like flour or something. you know what i mean, so if i where you i would keep doing coconut beach dios :wink: and not snow dios. :? Dont worry!!! It wont snow here for another 10 years!!!---RED---
wasn't trying to be...well... harsh but it still looks great, i love your pacific theater dios though. ALOT :wink: :D
Keep up the great work- flyboy
ps. i got like 6 inches of snow :D ,its melting though. :cry: and we live in NC.
we dont seam to get much more than a inch or two. :D
maybe three :wink:
--Samuel Beckett

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:14 pm

still the tiger looks great, and your town is amazing
:D :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
--Samuel Beckett

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Red, your stuff is always tops. I am surprised, I thought you did only Pacific Theatre stuff. After all this time, I never knew. :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:27 pm

olifant wrote:Red, your stuff is always tops. I am surprised, I thought you did only Pacific Theatre stuff. After all this time, I never knew. :wink:
Thanks brother!!! Yes all of my dios are of the PTO but with the snow we got the other day I just had to do a ETO dio!!!I wish it wasnt such a rush job on this dio because after looking back on the pics I see so much more I could have done to add more detail!!! So maybe next time in 10 years or so I might have another BotB dio---Ill be ready next time!!! :P Thanks again---RED---

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:29 pm

Very nice work.
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

1958Zelda
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by 1958Zelda » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Your Snow in the Dio looks great to me,don't change a thing,your pictures alway tell a great story,no matter what the subject is,don't stop!