21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:10 pm

TKO, can you post some pictures of the a Flight 19 Avenger? I have one coming, but I can't seem to find any good pictures of the model. Thanks
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:14 pm

I guess that'll have to do. Thanks TKO. :)
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:14 pm

tko211 wrote:There has been no specific reason that has been provided to me. All I know at this time is that the number 28 ship doesn't come with an alien.

I rememeber that when the Flight 19 project was introduced and the alien theme was incorporated that a several fans expressed that they didn't care or want the alien at all. I wonder if that feedback caused 21st to listen to fans and decide to offer one ship with out the little green friend. (or Red friend depending on the alien color you get).

Or perhaps 21st just wanted to add to the mystery surrounding Flight 19 by building in a little mystery of it's own? :lol:
great point, I hadnt thought about that, but you are right; some folks didnt like the idea of an alien being included so it would make sense to have at least one without it.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:43 pm

So is it confirmed that aliens DO come with the other four Flight 19 planes?

If so, what color and how many with each bird?
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:39 am

an earlier post here from tko stated they are either red or green and one per plane. except for #28.

Mine is #36 and had a green suited alien with a rod or weapon.

The box artwork has a image of the ufo craft associated with area 51 and the report from robert lazier.

So when is the 1/18 scale ufo and it's 3 alien crew, with young female abuctee going to be released? :D

DH

The truth is out there...

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:32 pm

My number 3 & number 81 came with the red alien. (1 alien per plane)

My number 117 and 36 came with the green type (1 alien per plane)

Number 28 is just the typical 3 man crew (no alien)

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:34 pm

and the rod / weapon... um, that's a... um, it'a a... probe!
:oops: :lol:

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:11 pm

Can someone please post a pic of one or all of the aliens. I'd really like to see what they look like. :) thanks
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:14 pm

I will put some images up on the web site tomorrow or on Sunday.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:41 pm

Thanks TKO, :D :D :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:09 am

Lol.. :D Wonder if the mystery 18th figure announced way back when will be a carded Alien with probe weapon..

Now that would be funny!
--------------

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:18 pm

That would be funny! Actually you all should know that I have been pushing for a Hitler Wasser Melon figure as an Area-21 Exclusive! Wouldn't that be super cool? A black and white painted Hitler with a Black and white painted Watermelon that can slip out of his hands. Who was it that had that as his Avatar? Do you remember?

I can tell you that while the mystery fig isn't my idea of a Hiter eating melon, it is a german fig!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:58 pm

tko211 wrote:I can tell you that while the mystery fig isn't my idea of a Hiter eating melon, it is a german fig!
You're still posting a picture of him/her tonight, right? ....
--------------

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:45 am

Has anyone seen or heard of any new 21st product yet? You figure we would see something by now.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:36 am

TKO,

Any chance of 21st selling the Flight 19 alien figs separately? Like through the surplus store? Or a couple to a few devoted fans :wink: ?
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:16 pm

TKO

A while back when I asked about BBD, 21st said it might be the 1st with the gun lockers. In the toyfair coverage, I notice its already in package. Does it have the gun lockers? and if not, which release will feature the gun lockers? I have a BBI Mustang and as tempting as the new 21st tooled Mustangs are, I am waiting for a gun locker version so it has something to stand apart from the BBI version.

Is the P-47 shown an exclusive? how about the bunker hill avenger shown?

Are the P-51B/C/Macchi coming out in 1/18? I notice there is a P-51B in smaller scale and I am wondering if its a testbed to guage interest in a larger version.

And is there a complete list of what is to be unveiled as toyfair goes on?
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:32 pm

Man, I can't even begin to tell you guys how this is. I'd moved to 1/18 when I couldn't see 1/72 well enough, just recently tried 1/6 (try lacing those leggings with tweezers and mag glasses!!) and now you guys are coming out with all this good stuff!!!
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:06 am

for shin:

BBD was going to be the first Mustang with gun bays. BUT... things changed. The gun lockers will make an appearance just not yet and not on BBD. Or Old Crow. Sorry But I can't say more.

The P-47 I don't think is an exclusive. I think it is just a general release. VERY pretty scheme!

Bunker Hill... I don't know if that is still to be an exclusive all I know is that it is going to be made for sure!

There are new 1:18 scale planes in the works but I can't reveal which or from what era. Sorry still too secret for now.

The overview of toy fair stuff is pretty much there. more detail shots and perhaps a couple other things will pop up I am sure but what you see is what 21st is willing to show right now. What I do know for sure is that I am seeing only about 30 to 340% of what I am aware of today! So more will be shown just not at Toy Fair. and not all at once! You don't want to poison the well with too much all at once. People need time to process it all and get second mortgages on homes to buy it all! :wink:

Jackson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Jackson » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 am

Last edited by Jackson on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:41 pm

TKO, any idea when the P-51 Big Beautiful Doll will be out? Thanks. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

JUG63
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JUG63 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:18 pm

I've been away from the board for a while so this may be a question that's already been answered, but I saw the pics of the new P-38 "California Cutie" and I noticed that the rear wheels appear to be larger than the wheels on the plane that I own (Putt Putt Maru). The tiny rear wheels have always bugged me and I was hoping 21C would eventually fix this! So my question is, are those the wheels that are going to be on the plane or was the photo just a prototype? Also, did "Pudgy" have the big wheels too?

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:58 pm

Hey tko when can we expect to see the new armour and 2 pack figures?

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:05 pm

Sorry if it's been asked, but is the P-47 in 1:18? What a fantastic livery!

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:33 pm

tko211 wrote:for shin:

BBD was going to be the first Mustang with gun bays. BUT... things changed. The gun lockers will make an appearance just not yet and not on BBD. Or Old Crow. Sorry But I can't say more.

The P-47 I don't think is an exclusive. I think it is just a general release. VERY pretty scheme!

Bunker Hill... I don't know if that is still to be an exclusive all I know is that it is going to be made for sure!

There are new 1:18 scale planes in the works but I can't reveal which or from what era. Sorry still too secret for now.

The overview of toy fair stuff is pretty much there. more detail shots and perhaps a couple other things will pop up I am sure but what you see is what 21st is willing to show right now. What I do know for sure is that I am seeing only about 30 to 340% of what I am aware of today! So more will be shown just not at Toy Fair. and not all at once! You don't want to poison the well with too much all at once. People need time to process it all and get second mortgages on homes to buy it all! :wink:
TKO

Thanks for answering my questions. I have a couple more.

When will we see the gun locker Mustang? Will it show up in 07? I understand you may not be able to reveal why we do not have the gun locker stangs yet, but I would be happy if they came out this year, I have been excited for this since I heard about it announced@SDCC some years back. Since its a modification rather than an all new mold, I assume this will not be another "avenger" for us.

And was Old Crow, the one shown in the site, 1/18? I got the feeling it was 1/32...then again maybe I was jumping the gun and thinking way ahead.(I would love a new tool D in 1/32)
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

Armor Question

Post by markecho » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:17 pm

Ok so they previewed the KT and stated it may be out by this summer?

Interesting when last year they showed the Panzer IV and the version they showed never even came out... yet.

The KT isn't going to be RC is it? Funny how some of us wanted RC tanks but they just didn't work out so we would prefer non-RC versions.

My question is how are they going to release something by summer if they didn't even have a prototype of it at Toy Fair?

And are they still going to do a non-RC version of the Panzer IV like they previewed last year?

The Tank"department" seems to have taken a strange turn. I hope they can get back on track.

It has got me worried and frankly skeptical..

Thanks
Mark
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!