21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:43 am

tko211 wrote:The showing of the MiG-15 was about a 2 weeks sooner than I would have expected! Not that this is bad news... I think there is a really good chance we will see the S2 F-86 Sabre show up within the next week or so.

The S1 Huff scheme needed some last minute tweeks. So I know that the S2 was put in front of it on the production line.

Glad to see we are this close! Now I just have to go find me a MiG!
Ok so what about plugs for the Avenger that is in the Atlantic colors.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:20 am

Hey TKO211,

Have any photos appeared yet of the 18 figures XD are bringing out?

I`d love to know what the full range is & truely am hoping British are amongst that line up too (Airborne or Infantry).

Also is that it from the 21st site of upcoming 1/18th or is there still some to come ?

Thank`s
Ja
Steel Bonnet

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:08 am

I don't have photos of the XD 1:18 figs yet. I did get a couple more bits of news to release that will last us through the week. One is a 1:32 piece the other is a 1:18. So yes more news is coming on new products.
Beyond this week we still need to dive into the new figs so I think we can plan on another 2-3 more weeks of solid news! 8)

Can anyone remember a time when we had so much to choose from in one year? I know there are those who have been in doubt but look at the timing of releases lately... So far the 1:144 scale planes, 1:48 scale planes, 1:32 scale new planes, and now the MiG-15, Dogfight packs, Iron Horse packs have all shown up on time or ahead of schedule! 21st is really worked hard to lock down on realistic release times.

Makes you wonder just how close we might be to the Me 262 release. :roll:

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:14 am

TKO wrote:
Makes you wonder just how close we might be to the Me 262 release.
Are you feeling lucky TKO? Care to wager?
I agree with you, I too am impressed on the amount of products that have been produced so far so fast this year.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:30 am

Thank`s TKO & Great to hear More news is coming :D

As for the figures I await in trepidation to that :D

Ja
steel Bonnet

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:42 am

tko211 wrote:Can anyone remember a time when we had so much to choose from in one year? I know there are those who have been in doubt but look at the timing of releases lately...
Well, it is an exciting time. I recall going into a Wal Mart outside of my AO a couple weeks ago and saw the Dogfight & Iron Horses packs, the new 1:144 planes, the new 1:48 planes, and a bunch of previously released 1:18 and 1:32 products. I'd never seen that good of a selection at a Wal Mart and just stood there for nearly 20 minutes deciding what and what not to get. It was a good experience as far as collecting is concerned and I wish it would happen more often :D

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the F-86 and Mig-15 and hope to see those on the shelves in my area instead of a bunch of ME-109Gs from last year :roll:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tko211

Post by tko211 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:14 pm

Warhawker-

You crack me up my friend! :lol:
You know I am pretty much 2 and 0 now on these little side bets. :wink:

I really don't know exactly where the me 262 is in the production cycle. So for now there isn't enough information to make any kind of a guess. It could be rady in a few weeks or it could still be a few months. :roll:

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:00 pm

tko211 wrote:Warhawker-

You crack me up my friend! :lol:
You know I am pretty much 2 and 0 now on these little side bets. :wink:

I really don't know exactly where the me 262 is in the production cycle. So for now there isn't enough information to make any kind of a guess. It could be rady in a few weeks or it could still be a few months. :roll:
Tko, the only ME-262 I have seen is the 1/32 one from a while back. Now we know this was based on the old sculpt for the 1/18 version from years back that never made it out.

What does the new ME-262 coming out have that the original prototype did not? What does it have in comparison to the Admiral toys version?

I'm wondering since at this point, I think finding the XD version will be easier to me(I prefer b*m shopping), and plus for $40, how can you go wrong?

BTW the releases and proximity of release to actual predicted release dates is ASTONISHING. Very very impressive. If we in va beach actually get something first, FINALLY, then you KNOW something right is happening!

:D
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:17 am

Excellent questions Shin-

The Me-262 is a "black" right now. Meaning that 21st is playing this release very close to the vest right now. Even I am in the dark a little more than usual on this one.

That said let me tell you EVERYTHING I do know on the project today.

1. The 21st Me-262 is ALL NEW. The old prototype was totally thrown out and deemed to be not "up to par" with the reputation of 21st detail.

2. The new 262 from 21st has been in development for over a full year now! (this is crazy when you think about it because the Sabre and Mig-15 started along side the 262 project) we might be pretty close to a release date? 21st isn't talking about it to me much for now.

3. 21st is aware that another 262 project is in the works and that only adds to the pressure to seperate it from the competition.
As I ask this question to 21st the answer has been "Don't worry, the 262 will be fully loaded with usual features and yes there are some additional features which will set it apart.

4. I know that 21st has picked at least 2 of the schemes already with 6 others in consideration for S3 and S4.

As for the new release timetables... YEAH! it was by design! AREA-21 and 21st worked very hard to "slow up" the news the all this past year to allow projects to "catch up" The result is that 06 product is all done pretty much. 07 planning has been in the works for months already and we won't begin to talk about the 07 line till late fall this year.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:41 am

WOW Now this may actually tempt me to buy a 1/18th scale Aircraft :D

Though TKO tell 21st the original Prototype they disgarded "I`LL HAVE IT :D PLEASE" *Big Puppy Eyes*

Ja
Steel Bonnet

Flytiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Flytiger » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:37 pm

Just so 21st will know, I found something a wee bit disturbing at a nearby nearly-brand-new "latest version" super WM. This is a huge place. There's a coffee bar/restaurant with WIFI and you can buy sushi in the seafood area. The thing is half again as big as any WM I've ever seen.

But absolutely ZERO military-themed toys. No tanks, no trucks, no figures, no guns no planes - ZIP. And it's been that way for at least a couple of months or more.

I'm hoping that doesn't portray a trend in WM thinking.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:19 pm

What location is this store flytiger so I can COMPLAIN to the MGR the next time I am in town?

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Flytiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Flytiger » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:16 pm

Dallas North Tollway at the Park exit in Plano. It's like there's some odd politically correct image thing in force when it comes to toys.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:28 am

TKO,

You made a comment in the MIG thread about these guys showing up a few weeks earlier than expected. Any chance you could share with us rough timeframes to be watching for the multitude of Hanomogs, PAK40, and new figures?

Thanks

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:01 am

Morian-

Check out my thread I started on the US halftrack. I think we should start looking soon. :D

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:31 am

Flyingtiger said:
Dallas North Tollway at the Park exit in Plano. It's like there's some odd politically correct image thing in force when it comes to toys.
That WM is a new-contemporary-demo WM that the evil empire is trying so show case as hip with a new twist. I remember the local news running a segment saying that the WM corp. was trying new concepts by offering items there that were not at other WMs and at a higher price point. It reminded me more of an Ikea store than a typical WM. At one time it did offer 21st items but only a limited few. 2 1/18 109s, a few 1/32 armor and I rememder some BBI figuares as well.

mack perry
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mack perry » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am

hi tko i want to know if you know is 21st plan on or working on japanese tanks or artillery or korean war vehicles that the north vienmese use like boats or how about a us vietnam boat do you know i think you know thanks tko guys like you give us hope

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:36 am

Sorry Mack- I don't have anymore intel that has been passed to me beyond the new halftracks. I think anything else armor related will be in 07 and 21st isn't talking to anyone about that line yet.

We should see new on 07 in the fall / early winter.

mack perry
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mack perry » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:34 am

cool

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:15 pm

I gotta question for you TKO, its about the new 1:18 figures. Will they all be ETO or will there be some PTO too
or even possibly the Mediterranean theatre

this is a recap of what clues we were given

1. 18 new figures in 1:18 scale are in development
2. The subject / era for these figures are WWII
3. At least 2 figures are confirmed as German DAK soldiers
4. All 18 figures are COMPLETELY NEW. (not repaints / or unit changes)
5. Expect some new American figures.
6. All 18 figures feature the newer articulation and maximum detail.
7. Figures will come with many accessories.
8. Many accessories have never been available before in 1:18.
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:19 pm

TKO I contacted 21st about the plugs and was told as soon as they are in they will ship them out to the Customers that want them.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:24 pm

VMF115 wrote:TKO I contacted 21st about the plugs and was told as soon as they are in they will ship them out to the Customers that want them.
Really? I just plugged all the fuselage holes on my Avenger with putty... They could easily sell the plug kits through their online store. It would be the decent thing to do :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:36 pm

Regarding the Avenger plugs, how do we get on the list?

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:27 pm

chunks wrote:Regarding the Avenger plugs, how do we get on the list?