21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:20 pm

TKO

Thanks for the ans :?

But could you still ask when you are talking to 21st? 4 things I would like to know and Im sure Im not the only 1,

Do they think some WWII 1/18 Britis troops would be a good add in?
What has been holding them back from getting into 1/18 Brits?
Has WWII 1/18 British troops ever come up at the table?
When can we have some :wink:

Thank you.
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:08 pm

I love how all 4 questions had a theme going :lol:

I will ask, but to be honest I wouldn't get you hopes up for this round, I think I would have heard of that by now.

Here is why I think 21c has not made these yet... I think the licence required to build britt troops is too expensive. Brittish people hate to be made into plastic action figures. Especially Hugh Grant! that guy wants way too much to much all by himself. -kidding obviously.

I will ask around for you. In fact I have already put in a reminder to 21c to get us some figure pics for AREA-21!!!!

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:16 pm

For VMF-115:

I have not heard anything like that from 21st.
I know that 07 product planning is all "black on black" right now so perhaps there might be something there that I am not aware of... But so far I have heard nothing like that.

continue to follow it up on your end and lets see what happens. Meanwhile If something adds up on my end I will let you guys know.

I do know that the one 07 project (1:18 scale) that I am aware of would NOT carry napalm at all!

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:31 pm

tko211 wrote:For VMF-115:

I have not heard anything like that from 21st.
I know that 07 product planning is all "black on black" right now so perhaps there might be something there that I am not aware of... But so far I have heard nothing like that.

continue to follow it up on your end and lets see what happens. Meanwhile If something adds up on my end I will let you guys know.

I do know that the one 07 project (1:18 scale) that I am aware of would NOT carry napalm at all!
that all I have :(
Is Bbi doing a F-4?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:58 am

Thank you TKO.

I understand, I just feel its time to move past the US figures, Its also something that Iv been looking forward to for years and year after year nothing. Wait a tik if its hard to 1/18 WWII British troops then lets do some Canadian Troops! :shock:, same Weapons and same Uniforms just that the uniforms where alittle more greenish color.
How about that prob solved.LOL

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:04 pm

To my knowledge, of the 2, only the F-105 could carry the shrikes AND napalm boys. And if we do get a wild weasel thunderchief....

YES!!!

And to my knowledge the F-14 was tested for napalm but never cleared for it.

Perhaps this is the new 1/18 plane for 07 Tko?

if so....

YES!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

mack perry
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mack perry » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:30 pm

tko no napalm umm?

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:02 pm

Any Photos of the new 1/18th figures yet?? be GREAT IF 21st would give us people here a sneek peek before showing them Publicly :D

Also Please Please Please do WWII British (Infantry,Airborne,Commandos). As Sgt Sanders stated,would also worl really well for so many other Allied Nations too. be Great to FINALLY have Enfield .303s :D as well as various Stens & Brens,Piats etc :D

Lastly,the new figures Are ANY of them German Officers with the improved articulation,so we`re NOT all desperate to locate the S1 German Officer?

Ja
Steel Bonnet

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:20 pm

Agree with SB on the need for some German brass. And um.. ::cough:: Ruskies..

:-D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

mack perry
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mack perry » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:27 pm

tko i no you got some good news so give us the one you been holding on to come on buddy just this one time we wont tel :D :D

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:14 am

I do have knowledge of 1 2007 product... Kinda overheard it on a call one day. But I am afraid that I have signed a pretty stiff non-disclosure document that bars me from saying anything before the "green light" from 21st.

But trust me sometime around the holidays 07 intel will start and you will be very excited to see this product announced. I know that a big year is planned and many all new products are already in development. Also the work just gets better and better.

I just opened up my Avenger... WOW what a great piece! It's an excellent model with great features. I think there are still a couple little juicy things to announce for 06 too, so just hang tight! The news is still coming.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:46 am

I haven't been doing the math to any level of detail, but it seems like we're running at least one for one on the news to suprise ratio.

I pretty much have zero expectations at this point and just check in here daily, then low and behold, news.. 8) or suprise! :shock: :D or news.. 8) or suprise!.. :shock: :D

Very fun times 8)
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:44 am

TKO

Arent we suposed to see the new WWII figures sooner then 07?
I though we where to see them in a few weeks (this week or next).

Thanks

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:37 am

The new WWII figures are 06 product. And yes you are correct that AREA-21 has not shown them to you yet. I spoke to 21st yesterday and it sounded like there were some updates to the 1:18 line. So more news is on it's way. I can assure you that the news and photos of more new 06 product is not yet finished!

The show ain't over yet! We have had a slight dip recently in the news but another burst is sure to come. I know of one more 1:32 scale plane to announce, another vehicle, figures, MiG-15 and F-86 updates, new paint schemes... There is easily another 3-4 weeks of healthy news items to discuss.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:05 pm

I own a Wal-Mart Avenger as well and I understand your concern. I have carefully inspected mine also I have spoken to 21st directly on this very topic.

Here is what I know... There is nothing at all wrong with the function, fit, or paint of these Atlantic Avengers. You can buy and own with confidence that these planes are in top shape. The only minor thing which you could say is a flaw is the missing screw hole cover plugs. This detail will be addressed in the future releases such as Flight 19 and the George Bush scheme.

This Avenger is a fantastic product and is easily the king of the 1:18 scale airplane jungle, packed with many features this airplane is a crowd pleaser! Glad to have the Avenger in the collections now!!!!

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:09 pm

Did they address the issue of offering the plugs for those that have already bought the WM Avenger?

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:18 pm

I am disappointed :( that the torpedo doesn't have a drive propeller and that 21C didn't make a funtional dropping mechanism so that when your making a run to the bathtub, you can hit a little button and the doors open and the torpedo drops away.

Like the 1/48 scale vintage monogram TBM kit :D

All in jest, ye beholders of no humor...

DH

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:22 pm

tko211 wrote:Last I heard 21st was moving the P-51D mold to a different factory to begin another new selection of schemes. I think there was something to with a new scheme that was going to be produced that would enable the 4 for Victory birds to be produced as a piggy back order? I know that alot of the ground work is about finished or is already finished so hopefully everyone is just waiting for the run of aircraft to come off the production line. Should be fairly soon I would think.

I will look into it and see where we stand on the issue.
TKO... Do you know anymore about this now???
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Razor17019 on Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:23 pm

TKO, do you know if on-line retailers like BadCat will get any Avengers?

Thank you
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:00 pm

Online retailers will get the Avengers. In fact I sincerely hope that Bad Cat gets the Bunker Hill version picked up again!!! that is the one I want.

A big e-tailer that is as popular as Bad Cat is HAS to carry them, I mean they sell aviation toys...

Hang tight I am sure that on line guys will carry them soon enough.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:13 pm

Razor17019 wrote:
tko211 wrote:Last I heard 21st was moving the P-51D mold to a different factory to begin another new selection of schemes. I think there was something to with a new scheme that was going to be produced that would enable the 4 for Victory birds to be produced as a piggy back order? I know that alot of the ground work is about finished or is already finished so hopefully everyone is just waiting for the run of aircraft to come off the production line. Should be fairly soon I would think.

I will look into it and see where we stand on the issue.
TKO... Do you know anymore about this now???
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:11 am

TKO,

I'm needing an XD figure fix. Any idea when we can expect some pictures of any of the upcoming figures?

tko211

Post by tko211 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:03 am

I was hoping to have them already. I know that it wil be soon and I have a very good feeling that we will only see some of them at first as not all of them are ready just yet.

We sould see some more 1:18 news in the next day or so.